Projecting starters

tigerbrotha12

I don't get why everyone is so high Slade...? Yes, he is a 2 year starter, but he gets beat more times than not. So I would classify Slade as having 2 years of sub-par to average experience, at best. His job is also up for grabs coming out of spring ball. He might start, or he might not... But, I do know that Grimes is high on Danzy, and really high on Kozan! Those could very well be the starting guards... Just sayin.

Slade, Dismukes, and Robinson are for sure starters.

Our whole offensive line's been whooped the last two years; don't put it all on Slade.

There's nothing like experience and continuity when it comes to OL in the SEC.

How do you know Slade is a "for sure" starter? That's my point... Nobody's job is secure. That includes Greg Robinson. The only OL I would pencil in as a starter, is Reese...

Trust me when I say, Grimes is high on guards Danzy and Kozan. Kozan is his favorite, by far! So that's gonna leave somebody out... Don't be surprised to see Danzy and Kozan at the guards is all I'm saying. There are no "for sures" yet.

Maybe this recent OL article on AuburnTigers.com will give you some insight on what Grimes is thinking.

Here's an excerpt -

Dismukes and right guard Chad Slade have a leg up with Gus Malzahn's return to Auburn. Dismukes was an All-SEC freshman for Malzahn in 2011 before 2012's lost season.

Grimes said Greg Robinson "has a good solid lock" at left tackle.

Patrick Miller and Avery Young battled at right tackle in the spring. Alex Kozan and Devonte Danzey, rated the No. 1 junior college guard in the country last year, jockeyed for position at left guard.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUBURN TWO-DEEP OFFENSE *(Basically this entire offense is returning in '14)

Quarterback: Nick Marshall, JR. Runningback: Tre Mason, JR.H-back:Jay Prosch, SR.

Kiehl Frazier, JR. Cameron Artis-Payne, JR. Ricky Parks, RSFR.

Wide Receiver:Jaylon Denson, JR. Flanker: Trovon Reed, JR. Slot: Quan Bray, JR.

Sammie Coates, SO. Ricardo Louis, SO. Corey Grant, JR.

Tight End: C.J. Uzomah, JR. Left Tackle: Greg Robinson, JR. Left Guard: Alex Kozan, RSFR.

Brandon Fulse, JR. Shon Coleman, RSFR. Devonte Danzey, SO.

Center: Reese Dismukes, JR. Right Tackle: Patrick Miller, SO. Right Guard: Chad Slade, JR.

Tunde Fariyike, JR. Avery Young, SO. Jordan Diamond RSFR.

AUBURN TWO-DEEP DEFENSE

Defensive End: Dee Ford, SR. Defensive Tackle: Jeffrey Whittaker, SR. Defensive Tackle: Gabe Wright, JR.

Craig Sanders, SR. Ben Bradley, SO. Angelo Blackson, JR.

Defensive End: Carl Lawson, TRFR. Mike Linebacker: Chris Frost, SO. Will Linebacker: Cassanova Mckinzy, SO.

Kenneth Carter, SR. Jake Holland, SR. JaViere Mitchell, RSFR.

Star: Justin Garrett, JR. Boundary Cornerback: Chris Davis, SR. Field Cornerback: Jonathan Mincy, JR.

Robenson Therezie, JR. Ryan White, SR. Jonathan Jones, SO.

Field Safety: Jermaine Whitehead, JR. Boundary Safety: Joshua Hosley, SO.

Ryan Smith, SR. Brandon King, JR.

I simply edited my post from changing 2 DEEP to TWO-DEEP and it shifted all of the formatting to the left-hand side. The starters are in a larger font while the backups for each position are underneath them but shifted to the left a little sheesh.

Using this. Our offense should be top 10 in 2014. Defense will have to reload on the line. LBs will be stout. Secondary will be good. All depends on the line. 2014 has me reallllllllllly excited. 2013 could surprise some folks as well.

Not a Jake-hater here, but I just don't see any way he plays at Mike ever again. Just shown himself to be incapable there.

I'll give it a shot

QB- Marshall

Rb- Mason/ CAP will split reps

HB- JP

TE- CJ

Wr- Denson Bray Louis

Lt -Robinson

Lg-Diamond

C-Reese

Rg- Slade

RT- Young

DE- Ford & Carter (Lawson on 3rd downs)

DT- Blackson Wright

LBs- Frost Cas.... Holland will play a lot I think

Star- Garrett

Cb- Davis Mincy

S- Holsey Whitehead

I can't wait to see some of you guys' faces when 'ol #5 is named one of the STARTING LB's.!

If he plays like the last 2 years my face will be like this :-( . If he plays better can actually take on tackles shed them and if he can chase guys down my face will be like this :-)

I can't wait to see some of you guys' faces when 'ol #5 is named one of the STARTING LB's.!

And I can't either!!! LOL - but that will not be nearly as funny as when #10 is starting QB and ole #14 is playing DB!!! This board will go into complete meltdown. There are just so many that think they know exactly what the coaches are thinking and I think it too funny. The coaches will play who they think gives AU the best chance to win, after all, their jobs will be on the line...

AUBURN TWO-DEEP OFFENSE *(Basically this entire offense is returning in '14)

Quarterback: Nick Marshall, JR. Runningback: Tre Mason, JR.H-back:Jay Prosch, SR.

Kiehl Frazier, JR. Cameron Artis-Payne, JR. Ricky Parks, RSFR.

Wide Receiver:Jaylon Denson, JR. Flanker: Trovon Reed, JR. Slot: Quan Bray, JR.

Sammie Coates, SO. Ricardo Louis, SO. Corey Grant, JR.

Tight End: C.J. Uzomah, JR. Left Tackle: Greg Robinson, JR. Left Guard: Alex Kozan, RSFR.

Brandon Fulse, JR. Shon Coleman, RSFR. Devonte Danzey, SO.

Center: Reese Dismukes, JR. Right Tackle: Patrick Miller, SO. Right Guard: Chad Slade, JR.

Tunde Fariyike, JR. Avery Young, SO. Jordan Diamond RSFR.

AUBURN TWO-DEEP DEFENSE

Defensive End: Dee Ford, SR. Defensive Tackle: Jeffrey Whittaker, SR. Defensive Tackle: Gabe Wright, JR.

Craig Sanders, SR. Ben Bradley, SO. Angelo Blackson, JR.

Defensive End: Carl Lawson, TRFR. Mike Linebacker: Chris Frost, SO. Will Linebacker: Cassanova Mckinzy, SO.

Kenneth Carter, SR. Jake Holland, SR. JaViere Mitchell, RSFR.

Star: Justin Garrett, JR. Boundary Cornerback: Chris Davis, SR. Field Cornerback: Jonathan Mincy, JR.

Robenson Therezie, JR. Ryan White, SR. Jonathan Jones, SO.

Field Safety: Jermaine Whitehead, JR. Boundary Safety: Joshua Hosley, SO.

Ryan Smith, SR. Brandon King, JR.

I simply edited my post from changing 2 DEEP to TWO-DEEP and it shifted all of the formatting to the left-hand side. The starters are in a larger font while the backups for each position are underneath them but shifted to the left a little sheesh.

Using this. Our offense should be top 10 in 2014. Defense will have to reload on the line. LBs will be stout. Secondary will be good. All depends on the line. 2014 has me reallllllllllly excited. 2013 could surprise some folks as well.

Hell, even all of our backups on offense return for 2014. '14 should be one of the best offenses that Gus has EVER fielded!

I don't get why everyone is so high Slade...? Yes, he is a 2 year starter, but he gets beat more times than not. So I would classify Slade as having 2 years of sub-par to average experience, at best. His job is also up for grabs coming out of spring ball. He might start, or he might not... But, I do know that Grimes is high on Danzy, and really high on Kozan! Those could very well be the starting guards... Just sayin.

Our whole offensive line's been whooped the last two years; don't put it all on Slade.

How do you know Slade is a "for sure" starter? That's my point... Nobody's job is secure. That includes Greg Robinson. The only OL I would pencil in as a starter, is Reese...

Trust me when I say, Grimes is high on guards Danzy and Kozan. Kozan is his favorite, by far! So that's gonna leave somebody out... Don't be surprised to see Danzy and Kozan at the guards is all I'm saying. There are no "for sures" yet.

Maybe this recent OL article on AuburnTigers.com will give you some insight on what Grimes is thinking.

Here's an excerpt -

Dismukes and right guard Chad Slade have a leg up with Gus Malzahn's return to Auburn. Dismukes was an All-SEC freshman for Malzahn in 2011 before 2012's lost season.

Patrick Miller and Avery Young battled at right tackle in the spring. Alex Kozan and Devonte Danzey, rated the No. 1 junior college guard in the country last year, jockeyed for position at left guard.

Ok, read my posts again... I haven't once predicted who will be starting. But what I am saying, is every job is open. For the first time in a long time, we have some depth. Fall camp is gonna be one of the more physical camps in recent history! There are gone be some intense battles for starting spots!

Again, I never said Robinson wouldn't start... Hell, I never said Slade wouldn't start! My only question was, why was everybody so high on Slade? Yes, he has 2 years of experience, but 2 years of blowing assignments and getting beat on a regular basis, does not automatically make you a starter. Now, he could still win a spot, but I've been told he's got a battle on his hands. We shall see...

From conversations I've had (with Coach Grimes), he is thrilled about the progression of his young linemen! And the 2 he called out by name are Danzy and Kozan. Both guys can play either guard spot.

I'm not predicting who will start... that's not my job. I'm just relaying info I've received 1st hand.

What, Holland is swapping jersey numbers and giving up the #5 jersey to Kenny Flowers? I wouldn't be too surprised to see Flowers earn a starting role.

QB-Frazier

RB-Mason

HB-Prosch

WR-Coates

Slot-Bray

WR-Denson

LT-Robinson

LG-Danzey

C-Dismukes

RG-Slade

RT-Young

Against WSU I think we play with 5 dbs the majority of the game

DE-Ford

DT-Wright

DT-Blackson

DE-Carter

MLB-Frost

Star-Garrett

CB-Davis

CB-Mincy

CB-Holsey

FS-Whitehead

SS-Mcneil

Here's an excerpt -

Ok, read my posts again... I haven't once predicted who will be starting. But what I am saying, is every job is open. For the first time in a long time, we have some depth. Fall camp is gonna be one of the more physical camps in recent history! There are gone be some intense battles for starting spots!

Again, I never said Robinson wouldn't start... Hell, I never said Slade wouldn't start! My only question was, why was everybody so high on Slade? Yes, he has 2 years of experience, but 2 years of blowing assignments and getting beat on a regular basis, does not automatically make you a starter. Now, he could still win a spot, but I've been told he's got a battle on his hands. We shall see...

From conversations I've had (with Coach Grimes), he is thrilled about the progression of his young linemen! And the 2 he called out by name are Danzy and Kozan. Both guys can play either guard spot.

I'm not predicting who will start... that's not my job. I'm just relaying info I've received 1st hand.

Really? I've been told that Robinson, Dismukes and Slade are almost assured of a starting role. In other words, those three players have the best chance of securing starting roles on the OL more so than anyone else.

By the way, you said you're not going to predict who will start because it isn't your job. Heck, it's no one's job to "predict" who will start, but it's what we do as fans - it's the reason AUFamily.com football forum exists - so us fans can voice our opinion and talk football. No big deal.

War Damn Eagle!

Who told you those guys would start? Just curious...

I've actually talked to Coach Grimes... The only one he felt really good about next season was Reese. Said Robinson has work to do, but he'll be fine. Talked about Kozan and Danzy, but no mention of Slade, none.

QB-Frazier

RB-Mason

HB-Prosch

WR-Coates

Slot-Bray

WR-Denson

LT-Robinson

LG-Danzey

C-Dismukes

RG-Slade

RT-Young

Against WSU I think we play with 5 dbs the majority of the game

DE-Ford

DT-Wright

DT-Blackson

DE-Carter

MLB-Frost

Star-Garrett

CB-Davis

CB-Mincy

CB-Holsey

FS-Whitehead

SS-Mcneil

I thought when we went with the Dime package we would have 2 stars which would mean thereize and Garrett would be in the lineup

I've actually talked to Coach Grimes... The only one he felt really good about next season was Reese. Said Robinson has work to do, but he'll be fine. Talked about Kozan and Danzy, but no mention of Slade, none.

I'm sure you did.

From Grimes' mouth - "Greg Robinson has a good solid lock" at left tackle.

I'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you. I'm just gonna let Grimes' actual quotes rather than hearsay speak for themselves.

Good day, sir.

Me and Gus went out to lunch. He told me the entire depth chart and had a cheeseburger. He told me Robinson is a starter. (Not) True story. But seriously it's ridiculous to think he wouldn't start. They say on the next level he'll play guard. I expect even if young or Coleman were awesome Robinson would just move to guard. He'll be out there. He's the lineman with the most nfl potential

Me and Gus went out to lunch. He told me the entire depth chart and had a cheeseburger. He told me Robinson is a starter. (Not) True story. But seriously it's ridiculous to think he wouldn't start. They say on the next level he'll play guard. I expect even if young or Coleman were awesome Robinson would just move to guard. He'll be out there. He's the lineman with the most nfl potential

:lmao:

Who is key? I'm at the beach and I've had a couple Rum-Runners, is it Carter?

I beg your pardon?

Holy Sh@t! I never said, nor have I ever implied that Greg Robinson wouldn't start. Also, I never said JGG thought Robinson wouldn't start. He's raw as hell, but he's still the most talented lineman we've had since probably Marcus McNiell...

Personally, I think Greg and Reese are sitting pretty... but, the other 3, comes down to how well fall camp goes.

I'll take a stab. Is "Key" Keymiya Harrell?

And I can't either!!! LOL - but that will not be nearly as funny as when #10 is starting QB and ole #14 is playing DB!!! This board will go into complete meltdown. There are just so many that think they know exactly what the coaches are thinking and I think it too funny. The coaches will play who they think gives AU the best chance to win, after all, their jobs will be on the line...

Funny, Haha! The only one that will be in meltdown is y-o-u!

+100,000,000. I've been saying this for the past 2 years. I mean ESPN was really high on AJ Greene after he came back from his injury against Clemson but I didn't see that either.

You are wrong about me. I don't get all worked up like some of you!!! I will just wait and see what happens. I don't know what the coaches are thinking and neither do any of you. I am sure the coaches will make their own minds up regardless of what is posted on a message board....carry on

You are wrong about me. I don't get all worked up like some of you!!! I will just wait and see what happens. I don't know what the coaches are thinking and neither do any of you. I am sure the coaches will make their own minds up regardless of what is posted on a message board....carry on

Just goin on what u keep saying about NM being DB, If it happens I will be very surprised! But, I will still be the Biggest AU fan!

Archived