2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

Just seems like some over the top dribble relative to an innocuous comment by me. Which I think I explained later after your original reply.

My comment about "threat" means potential run option that will keep a defense honest - not the second coming of mike Vick. Not even a "dual threat". Trotter was a "threat" to run although no one would consider him a super athletic runner. Todd was not a threat to run and never pretended to be. No team ever was fooled into believing he would tuck it and go - until the last game or 2. I believe he had a few moderate runs against bama. Which shocked everyone.

That is my definition of a "threat" to run. If we are going to have a read option as a piece of our offense then the D has to believe that the QB will run. Maybe only for a moderate gain, but they have to be kept honest if you want to show those plays.

White has enough athleticism, it appears, to be a "threat" to run. Therefore keeping a "d" honest. That way our coach - MALZAHN - can adapt to the attributes of our players.

comments about football IQ tests just need a reply.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree. Some people just don't know enough about football so they don't understand what adapting to your players attributes means. Malzone has never said he prefers a dual threat quarterback. Just look at the nubers Ark States Qb put up last year. People should have to take a football IQ test before they are allowed to post anything.

before I reply to this post ... Are u referring to my post that ellitor commented on?

Yes. He quotes then replies in 2 seperate posts.

I guess it's his plan to get by the minimum post requirement to start a topic. :dunno:

Wow, great show, even more surprising for me because I knew one of them was ours, but I didn't remember who. When they flashed that commit graphic at the end i froze it and yelled for my wife. Glut of outstanding QBs.

Have no idea how to link a tweet, and I don't have a twitter so that may make it harder, but Travis Rudolph just tweeted SW congratulating him on the Elite 11 MVP and ended it saying he hopes he gets the chance to play with him.

I got to see just the last 15 minutes or so. I am sure I will see it again. Sean White was amazing. He beat everyone. This is one of our future AU Family members. Just wow!

I saw the raw camp earlier this summer, but they only showed selected 7x7 games and I really didn't get a sense for the total experience the QB's got. My favorite part was Sean having to put together a 2 minute drive to win the 7x7 championship, and nailing the third and long throw. During "live" Elite 11 Sean wasn't committed, but was visiting us the next week. I was glad to see they updated him to committed to Auburn on this overview.

I'm not too concerned about JJ not having a redshirt year with White and Queen coming.

I got to see just the last 15 minutes or so. I am sure I will see it again. Sean White was amazing. He beat everyone. This is one of our future AU Family members. Just wow!

They are showing it again at 11 CST tonight. BSPNU.

I just watched one of his videos and I was not expecting to see such a great passer. I mean I felt like I was watching an NFL QB. His accuracy as a junior in HS was amazing to me. I really wish JJ was not being red shirted because I think Gus is going to have an embarrassment of riches at QB.

Have no idea how to link a tweet, and I don't have a twitter so that may make it harder, but Travis Rudolph just tweeted SW congratulating him on the Elite 11 MVP and ended it saying he hopes he gets the chance to play with him.

Travis Rudolph ‏@TravisRudolph

I'm proud of @SeanWhite_12 winning elite 11 MVP!! Most definitely deserved it

Sean White ‏@SeanWhite_12

@TravisRudolph5: I'm proud of @SeanWhite_12 winning elite 11 MVP!! Most definitely deserved it” ✊✊✊ I hope I get the chance to play with u

Travis Rudolph ‏@TravisRudolph

I'm proud of @SeanWhite_12 winning elite 11 MVP!! Most definitely deserved it

Sean White ‏@SeanWhite_12

@TravisRudolph5: I'm proud of @SeanWhite_12 winning elite 11 MVP!! Most definitely deserved it” ✊✊✊ I hope I get the chance to play with u

You missed the reply by Rudolph. Had replied with a smiley face. Hoping it turns out great for the good guys. I would love to see a long bomb from White to Rudolph in a few years. :). WDE!

No matter what is being said right now, JJ will not RS. I know its hard to detect coach speak sometimes. All coaches (not just CGM or CGC) tend to say what causes less controversy and speculation at press conferences. Now days its a fine line to walk keeping the morale and mental state of the team (especially impact players) at the peak level. JJ will play early and get a standing ovation when he comes in even if we're ahead by 4 TDs.

No matter what is being said right now, JJ will not RS. I know its hard to detect coach speak sometimes. All coaches (not just CGM or CGC) tend to say what causes less controversy and speculation at press conferences. Now days its a fine line to walk keeping the morale and mental state of the team (especially impact players) at the peak level. JJ will play early and get a standing ovation when he comes in even if we're ahead by 4 TDs.

FWIW. The plan is to RS JJ barring injury.

FWIW. The plan is to RS JJ barring injury.

Yep.

The plan is to redshirt JJ like E said. We do not want to waste a year of eligibility when we have our qb in Marshall. JJ is going to be a very good qb in the future. Marshall was always going to be the starter this year, or at least that was the plan, and thats exactly how it worked out. Marshall is ready for prime time JJ is not.

E do you still feel as strongly about JJ leaving early with the news of the coaching staff wanting to redshirt him? Why redshirt your 2nd best QB to save an extra year of eligibility if he is destined to leave before his eligibility us up anyway? If he is second best it seems they would want to get him some playing time in case NM goes down or leaves early himself. So what gives?

E do you still feel as strongly about JJ leaving early with the news of the coaching staff wanting to redshirt him? Why redshirt your 2nd best QB to save an extra year of eligibility if he is destined to leave before his eligibility us up anyway? If he is second best it seems they would want to get him some playing time in case NM goes down or leaves early himself. So what gives?

I never said strongly. It's just something to be very aware of given JJ exceeds the NFL prototype for NFL QBs in every possible way. JJ should stay through his RS Junior year at minimum but that will not stop from NFL people drooling all over him if he has a good RS Soph year. For the rest you can RS a player and still give him 2nd team reps. Bama did it with AJ his Freshman year.

I started watching last night but BSPN had so much fluff in the first segment I just hit RECORD and went to bed early.

Agreed, too much Dilfer for my taste, not enough about the actual camp. Glad to see they added that Sean committed to Auburn. He's legit.

Archived