2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

"You kids with your fancy up to date rankings and 247 composite's...back in my day you got Athlon and Lindy's once a year and you liked it!" "We didn't care that every recruit from every school was a Super Prep All-American and on some newspaper's Dandy Dozen"

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You kids with your fancy up to date rankings and 247 composite's...back in my day you got Athlon and Lindy's once a year and you liked it!" "We didn't care that every recruit from every school was a Super Prep All-American and on some newspaper's Dandy Dozen"

Don't forget Parade's High School All American team....

If it had the word Bluechip, that's what you wanted.

And Forrest Davis' crappy Bama bias recruiting magazine...Whatever the heck it was called. I hated it.

Back in my day, we would just look in the paper and read a list of names of the Freshmen recruits. On half of them you didn't know much if anything about them. Today we know all their stats, who they are dating and what they like on their pizza.

I can't believe anyone's still calling this kid a 3-star, outdated rankings or not.

He is a 5* QB on the IronMan70 list. It doesn't get much better than that.

not much value either. ;D j/k

Meh, I'll have you know I've had to block my phone from all these recruiting sites calling me trying to get the IronMan player rankings.

I can't believe anyone's still calling this kid a 3-star, outdated rankings or not.

Meh, I'll have you know I've had to block my phone from all these recruiting sites calling me trying to get the IronMan player rankings.

Can't be any worse than Chad Simmons' rankings.

tumblr_m9jvh8wzus1remtwmo1_500.gif

Can't be any worse than Chad Simmons' rankings.

tumblr_m9jvh8wzus1remtwmo1_500.gif

lol. Forrest Davis, good Lord I forgot all about this dude. Funny stuff back in the early 90's.

so any updates on who SW is trying to target now?

Link

Thanks E! Looks like SW is trying his best to help own his class....

And AU is a major player for Travis.

And here's another little nugget from a Florida friend. Despite everybody saying Florida for him right now he is actually pretty wdi open. That could be an advantage for us as we can sell to him we need a WR talent upgrade from the classes before the 2013 class.

Link

And here's another little nugget from a Florida friend. Despite everybody saying Florida for him right now he is actually pretty wdi open. That could be an advantage for us as we can sell to him we need a WR talent upgrade from the classes before the 2013 class.

Also can point out that we play freshmen. Stevens is going to play a lot this year.

Link

Also can point out that we play freshmen. Stevens is going to play a lot this year.

Which with his height will help the QB's. We need WR's that can go get the ball since we have been unable to throw it accurately!

the main thing is the QB has to be a THREAT to run

How many times do I have to destroy this myth about Gus's offense with the production of the Tulsa QBs in 2006 and 2007 to the tune of 95 pass TDs in 2 seasons with 2 nonmobile QBs before people will listen? For the millionth time, having a dual threat QB is great but Gus will not have one at the expense of ball security, ball placement, and making good decisions.

I totally agree. Some people just don't know enough about football so they don't understand what adapting to your players attributes means. Malzone has never said he prefers a dual threat quarterback. Just look at the nubers Ark States Qb put up last year. People should have to take a football IQ test before they are allowed to post anything.

Or perhaps they should know how to spell the head coach's name, Malzone ? Try Malzahn.

bahahahahahanaharhar har!

Or perhaps they should know how to spell the head coach's name, Malzone ? Try Malzahn.

bahahahahahanaharhar har!

Question for the board... When is Sean's team (University School) supposed to play on ESPN? I'm getting conflicting dates... 24th or 25th???

TIA for the help.

Question for the board... When is Sean's team (University School) supposed to play on ESPN? I'm getting conflicting dates... 24th or 25th???

TIA for the help.

Sunday the 25th at 10 AM Auburn time on ESPNU and likely espn3.com. There is another University High playing on Saturday on ESPN. That is probably the reason for the confusion.

I totally agree. Some people just don't know enough about football so they don't understand what adapting to your players attributes means. Malzone has never said he prefers a dual threat quarterback. Just look at the nubers Ark States Qb put up last year. People should have to take a football IQ test before they are allowed to post anything.

before I reply to this post ... Are u referring to my post that ellitor commented on?

before I reply to this post ... Are u referring to my post that ellitor commented on?

Yes. He quotes then replies in 2 seperate posts.

Gus recruits the QB that gives us the best chance to win be it drop back, dual threat or any other style. That being said, when all the QBs on your roster are dual-threat, then everyone just assumes that is what you prefer. "Everyone" includes fans and recruits. I think CRL may have had to do a little convincing with SW that a drop back QB will have just as much of a chance at Auburn as a dual threat QB.

Archived