Auburn doing work on the 2015 class.

ellitor

I think 2015 commits help with 2014 because with 2013 being a good year all things like a slow start by our recruiters shows that the 2014 group will be joining a good group of 2013 athletes and the following 2015 year. Makes three years of good recruting with good coaches. Perhaps 2013 recruits will mostly redshirt, but that doesn't hurt my view of 2015 commitments have a nice positive influence for 2014 group.

So a highly rated 4* or 5* high school SR who thinks he can start his freshman year at said collage could be influenced by what a high school JR is going. WHAT? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

Some of you folks here really over think things when it comes to recruiting. Like getting upset about recruiting in June and July.

I can say for certain our coaching staff isn't worried about our 2014 class. They are pretty dang excited in fact. So many different things going on behind the scenes, like every year, that most people don't have a clue. I have been around the AU coaching staffs since the late 90's and I can say this staff is better than any I've seen. And CTT had a great staff as did CGC.

AU will end with a top 10 class this year. Next year watch out.

And for the record as I don't want to come off as just a sunshine pumper, AU won't sign Roc or QB from La in my opinion. Casher is going to be a fight.

So a highly rated 4* or 5* high school SR who thinks he can start his freshman year at said collage could be influenced by what a high school JR is going. WHAT? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

Some of you folks here really over think things when it comes to recruiting. Like getting upset about recruiting in June and July.

I can say for certain our coaching staff isn't worried about our 2014 class. They are pretty dang excited in fact. So many different things going on behind the scenes, like every year, that most people don't have a clue. I have been around the AU coaching staffs since the late 90's and I can say this staff is better than any I've seen. And CTT had a great staff as did CGC.

AU will end with a top 10 class this year. Next year watch out.

And for the record as I don't want to come off as just a sunshine pumper, AU won't sign Roc or QB from La in my opinion. Casher is going to be a fight.

(Sound of Crickets chirping...)

That last statement would silence many of us. I hope WDEWDE is wrong. I really do.

That last statement would silence many of us. I hope WDEWDE is wrong. I really do.

As do I. Lots of time before February. Missing on Roc would hurt the most. He would be a star in this offense. 23 is giving me hope.

As do I. Lots of time before February. Missing on Roc would hurt the most. He would be a star in this offense. 23 is giving me hope.

I strongly disagree here. Roc is a great player, but in case no one has noticed, we have 5 current running backs on the roster. We have one running back committed. I personally feel that JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams is the centerpiece to this class as we have yet to have any big-time playmakers at that position. At RB we have a proven player in Tre Mason who got 1k rushing yards despite a terrible o-line and the most predictable play calling I have seen since pee wee football. We also have CAP who showed out during the spring. We are not hurting for RB and I personally feel that many people are placing Roc on a pedestal simply because he is in state. The fact is whether we get Roc or not is going to make no difference to Saban as he has been getting stud RBs for years, so don't want Roc just to "get back" at Saban, cause that is a disservice to Roc as a player, and pointless cause Saban does not care about what other teams do he is worried about his team. That being said I would love to get Roc, but as far as I can see, he is by no means a "must get player". He is wanted, but not vital to this class.

I strongly disagree here. Roc is a great player, but in case no one has noticed, we have 5 current running backs on the roster. We have one running back committed. I personally feel that JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams is the centerpiece to this class as we have yet to have any big-time playmakers at that position. At RB we have a proven player in Tre Mason who got 1k rushing yards despite a terrible o-line and the most predictable play calling I have seen since pee wee football. We also have CAP who showed out during the spring. We are not hurting for RB and I personally feel that many people are placing Roc on a pedestal simply because he is in state. The fact is whether we get Roc or not is going to make no difference to Saban as he has been getting stud RBs for years, so don't want Roc just to "get back" at Saban, cause that is a disservice to Roc as a player, and pointless cause Saban does not care about what other teams do he is worried about his team. That being said I would love to get Roc, but as far as I can see, he is by no means a "must get player". He is wanted, but not vital to this class.

I think the obsession (which I am afflicted with) comes more from him running so similarly to Cadillac than it does from him being in state, wanting to get back at Saban etc. When I watch his highlights I have flashbacks to better times and I want those times back. That said, your WR point is well taken, though I expect that having Gus back will bring a couple of WR's out of the woodwork into stardom.

Not needed but would definitely be great in our offense. He is a true homerun threat on every play. We do not have that niow but the closest to it is Tre.

If we put together strong seasons in 2013 & 2014, I believe we could have a top 10 recruiting class by 2015.

Some of you folks here really over think things when it comes to recruiting.

I think what we have here is a peculiar sense of humor. As Foghorn Leghorn would say, this one went over your head boy, you're built too close to the ground, your glove has a hole in it.

Roc would be a huge get for AU. Period. I realize that he is only 17 and hasn't done anything in college or beyond yet. However, no matter who we have on our current roster, IMO, he would be the most talented RB we have seen at AU since 2004. He has more potential, especially in this offense, than any RB I have seen since I have followed AU football. He is utterly amazing. I just hope he sees through all of the bs and realizes how big of a star he could be if he chooses to come on board with the good guys.

We don't have any RB at AU right now that has the talent that Roc has. And Tre needs to become a leader, team player and hold on to the football before he is buried on the depth chart at RB.

And why bring up uat in this?

Roc would be a huge get for AU. Period. I realize that he is only 17 and hasn't done anything in college or beyond yet. However, no matter who we have on our current roster, IMO, he would be the most talented RB we have seen at AU since 2004. He has more potential, especially in this offense, than any RB I have seen since I have followed AU football. He is utterly amazing. I just hope he sees through all of the bs and realizes how big of a star he could be if he chooses to come on board with the good guys.

Roc is good. I'll agree. But to go ahead and say he is the most talented back to be at AU since 2004 is a stretch. IMO. The most talented back was Michael Dyer. Hands down. No question about it.

• 5 months later...

Roc is good. I'll agree. But to go ahead and say he is the most talented back to be at AU since 2004 is a stretch. IMO. The most talented back was Michael Dyer. Hands down. No question about it.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I was impressed with Dyer coming out of HS, but nothing like I am with Roc. I think Roc has a chance to be really special, and seems like a good kid. We saw some stuff from Dyer in HS that was a little shady and it turned out to be the case. Talent wise out of HS, it is Roc and Caddy.

Right now the best running back we have seen at Auburn in many years is Tre Mason. Everybody wanted Yeldon the thought at the time by many that Mason was a good running back but not an elite running back. Our coaches know Talent and Tre has proven his talent where it counts on the field.

Trying to compare a HS player to a college player is always a stretch. I love everything I have seen on Roc and he may be the next great Auburn running back but until we see him or any other HS player compete in the SEC it is good to dream but lets wait and see what happens on the field.

Roc is good. I'll agree. But to go ahead and say he is the most talented back to be at AU since 2004 is a stretch. IMO. The most talented back was Michael Dyer is Tre Mason. Hands down. No question about it.

FTFY :blink:

Right now the best running back we have seen at Auburn in many years is Tre Mason. Everybody wanted Yeldon the thought at the time by many that Mason was a good running back but not an elite running back. Our coaches know Talent and Tre has proven his talent where it counts on the field.

Trying to compare a HS player to a college player is always a stretch. I love everything I have seen on Roc and he may be the next great Auburn running back but until we see him or any other HS player compete in the SEC it is good to dream but lets wait and see what happens on the field.

When Roc gets in Russell's S&C program and fills out the way Tre did, Roc will be something else too.

Roc is good. I'll agree. But to go ahead and say he is the most talented back to be at AU since 2004 is a stretch. IMO. The most talented back was Michael Dyer is Tre Mason. Hands down. No question about it.

FTFY :blink:/>

In my defense, I posted that in July. Lol

FTFY :blink:/>

In my defense, I posted that in July. Lol

Oh shoot, you sure did- my bad! Lol indeed. I would have probably said the same thing in July.

Timestamps are my friend...

I trust this coaching staff, PERIOD!!

As long as we finish recruiting in the top ten, we are fine.

There is very little separation between finishing # 1 and # 10. You have to recruit not only for stars, but for potential and needs.

Many three stars are three stars due to where they play. Many 5 stars are 5 stars because of the talent around them. You cannot go by stars alone.

Archived