Carl Lawson

tigerbrotha12

Personally, before the season ends, I would not be surprised to see Carl Lawson start. He is one talented DE!

However, we are pretty deep at DE, so it is still possible he redshirt.

i dont see any scenario he gets a RS..with a talent like that you cant risk only having him 2 years. he will play as a freshman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would bet every thing that E owns that Carl Lawson doesn't RS. Seriously, he will play a significant role on D. I realise not everyone has seen him actually play. Well his highlight tape could have lasted an hour. He is one of the more explosive DE's I have seen in my 43years. Of course he has plenty to improve on but he is going to embarrass some OT's this year.

we moved a defensive tackle to end in spring ball. lets just say the spot for the other end opposite ford is wide open and i expect lawson to win it by seasons end.

Carter moving to end will really help out a lot. I was surprised he was left at DT last year. Then again, a lot surprised me about last year. Carter, at end, reminds me of

A red-shirt for him makes no sense. If you look around the country, you will see most of the standout kids leaving early for the draft. His physical maturity makes him ready right now.

i don't care if dadgum Kiehl Frazier starts at DE, i just want to see production... that being said, Carl will produce early and often IMO.

A red-shirt for him makes no sense. If you look around the country, you will see most of the standout kids leaving early for the draft. His physical maturity makes him ready right now.

I agree. He is needed on the field ASAP; would be really surprised if he's even considered for a redshirt.

I would bet every thing that E owns that Carl Lawson doesn't RS. Seriously, he will play a significant role on D. I realise not everyone has seen him actually play. Well his highlight tape could have lasted an hour. He is one of the more explosive DE's I have seen in my 43years. Of course he has plenty to improve on but he is going to embarrass some OT's this year.

This.

There are several factors to support this assumption.

1. Carl's physical maturity

2. Carl's emotional maturity

3. The position he plays. This is not a middle linebacker or safety position where he has to make calls for the defense. This is a rush end spot. See ball and get ball.

4. His first step is explosive. It will allow him to make plays while he learns to play with his full body to get leverage.

Carl is going to play regularly. He is so good he would play at ANY school in the country.

This.

3. The position he plays. This is not a middle linebacker or safety position where he has to make calls for the defense. This is a rush end spot. See ball and get ball.

4. His first step is explosive. It will allow him to make plays while he learns to play with his full body to get leverage.

Carl is going to play regularly. He is so good he would play at ANY school in the country.

......and we are talking about the same guy who had just finished his Junior year in HS and wouldn't take any bs from Ndamukong Suh. I mean what 17 year old does that ?

COME ON MAN, HE PLAYS BIG TIME

bos_100813_carteronjulius.jpg

This.

......and we are talking about the same guy who had just finished his Junior year in HS and wouldn't take any bs from Ndamukong Suh. I mean what 17 year old does that ?

Does anyone actually know what happened with him and Suh? All I ever heard was wild speculation.

This.

Does anyone actually know what happened with him and Suh? All I ever heard was wild speculation.

What is this speculation you heard about? I've never even heard about anything between him and Suh? What happened.

Didn't he leave a camp early and it was thrown around that he and Suh didn't get along on something? Probably not a big thing or it would have been blown up

You guys are going to deep into it. Carl and the other guy will play as long as they add the ability to pass rush. None of our guys besides Ford is good at it.

Didn't he leave a camp early and it was thrown around that he and Suh didn't get along on something? Probably not a big thing or it would have been blown up

Just that Carl didn't like something that Suh said/did and got in face about it. Carl was asked to leave because Suh acted like a bitch about it. No idea if its true.

You guys are going to deep into it. Carl and the other guy will play as long as they add the ability to pass rush. None of our guys besides Ford is good at it.

Don't sleep on Keymiya Harrell.

I hope one of the two E. Daniel or CL redshirt Because we have some depth there don't we?. On that note I will be excited to see how Kenneth Carter has progressed in his S&C. Would be great to see he and a few others have a great season finally.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carl earns a starting role on defense the moment he steps onto the field.

Mark my words, Dwight Freeney 2.0!

I hope one of the two E. Daniel or CL redshirt Because we have some depth there don't we?. On that note I will be excited to see how Kenneth Carter has progressed in his S&C. Would be great to see he and a few others have a great season finally.

These guys are leaving early left and right for the NFL, so you better play your best players while you have them, especially the 5-Stars IF their rating is legitimate. We can't afford to RS guys like Daniel or Lawson. Hell, I'm almost positive that despite his loaded roster, Saban wouldn't even redshirt him; most of his 5-Star studs at least play special teams their true freshman year.

These guys are leaving early left and right for the NFL, so you better play your best players while you have them, especially the 5-Stars IF their rating is legitimate. We can't afford to RS guys like Daniel or Lawson. Hell, I'm almost positive that despite his loaded roster, Saban wouldn't even redshirt him; most of his 5-Star studs at least play special teams their true freshman year.

very true... I don't want to say there is a lack of loyalty to your school these days but they do leave very early often.

$$$ talks

It's best to let sleeping dogs lie. Suffice it to say CARL LAWSON IS A MAN! Now I'm sure he will not be as dominant to start as he was in HS, but I have watched him downright embarrass 4-5* OL the last two years. Kub-WAAH-nlo couldn't block him even with help.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

I think Daniels red shirts. Most of his highlights are just him steam rolling tiny white kids. Carl actually seems to use his quick step as well as power.

This is me just being curious, but how many top prospects such as Lawson and Daniels actually redshirt?

Just that Carl didn't like something that Suh said/did and got in face about it. Carl was asked to leave because Suh acted like a bitch about it. No idea if its true.

Basically what happened is Suh got in Carl's face and Carl told him that if he didn't get out of his face then he would open up a can of whoop *** on him, so Suh ran away and was a tattle-tale running to Phil Knight's office and got Lawson in trouble.

Disclaimer: Believe everything you read on the intraweb.

Archived