2013 Class Enrollment List

ellitor

Has anyone read about Ford gaining 8 lbs in one month under Coach Russell? I believe they said he was up to 203 lbs. I tried finding the tweet from this morning but I can only go so far back on my timeline on the phone. But I believe Justin from Rivals said it and was posted to Bleacher Report team stream. Sorry for no proof but if true that is impressive. I can only imagine what barber and pettaway will do to themselves under Russell. Barber will probably be around the 222-225 LB range when the season starts.

Go to Justin's timeline.

@JHokanson 23 Jun

#Auburn RB signee @rudythebeast5 reported in May at 5'11, 195, already put on 8 pounds since his arrival.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I thought that's what it said. I haven't gotten in the twitter world so I can't check timelines but I figured someone on here saw the same thing. His tweets just pop up on my team stream in bleacher report.

Jimmy Hutchinson@Kicker_88 7m

Happy to announce that I'm apart of the 2013 class again and will be reporting to Auburn Aug. 1st #WDE #Auburn #Tigers

That's great news. I'm glad he hung in there, good for him.

Yeah. I have no idea why the coaches did not take him immediately. There was always room for him.

Happy to announce that I'm apart of the 2013 class again and will be reporting to Auburn Aug. 1st #WDE #Auburn #Tigers

Yeah. I have no idea why the coaches did not take him immediately. There was always room for him.

I don't have a twitter acct but you ought to send him some congrats and pass the word around. I am really happy for the kid.

I don't have a twitter acct but you ought to send him some congrats and pass the word around. I am really happy for the kid.

I did. I favorited and retweeted it.

I did. I favorited and retweeted it.

Excellent and Bryan Matthews has also picked up on it and started a thread at 247.

Here is a free story on Hutch getting in with quotes from Hutch. Link

AUBURN | Auburn football added one more piece to their 2013 signing class on Thursday, as Harrison (Ga.) kicker Jimmy Hutchinson officially enrolled and re-joined the Tigers' incoming class.

"It's official now," Hutchinson told AuburnSports.com Thursday night. "I'm really pumped and I'm glad I can show them what I can do and compete."

Hutchinson will report to Auburn on August 1.

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Hutchinson originally committed to Auburn in February of 2012 and was set to sign with the Tigers in February of 2013, but things changed.

Head coach Gus Malzahn arrived in December and quickly evaluated the scholarship numbers and formulated new plans to complete the Tigers' 2013 class.

Hutchinson was given the opportunity to grayshirt and arrive at Auburn in January after the fall semester, instead of being a part of the 2013 class and enrolling this summer.

That was Hutchinson's plan.

"I accepted that and was planning on doing that 100 percent. I wasn't looking anywhere else," said Hutchinson. "I was just going to kick and workout before January. I was O.K. with waiting."

But things changed again for Hutchinson earlier this summer when numbers opened up and Hutchinson was given an opportunity to enroll and arrive in Auburn in August.

He was elated to hear the news from Auburn's special teams coach Scott Fountain.

"I was really excited that things are back to how they were," said Hutchinson.

Hutchinson was the nation's No. 6 overall kicker by Rivals.com, a ranking that combines place kickers and punters. Hutchinson was recruited to Auburn as a punter.

Signee Daniel Carlson was recruited as a place kicker and enrolled at Auburn last week.

"My goals are to compete and learn from Steven (Clark) and come in my sophomore year and start, maybe compete during my freshman season," Hutchinson said.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job E. Now that the 2013 class is finalized, I was just wondering if you had thought about putting together a 2013 invited walkon list. Isn't that usually about ten or so guys? But that might be a little too much to ask since some of those guys would probably only be maybes until they show up that first day.

Great job E. Now that the 2013 class is finalized, I was just wondering if you had thought about putting together a 2013 invited walkon list. Isn't that usually about ten or so guys? But that might be a little too much to ask since some of those guys would probably only be maybes until they show up that first day.

Probably will not know that til Practice starts in August or when the AD releases the Fall roster.

If the 2013 attrition is truly ended with Robinson, I hope that the many fans that wring their hands about only being able to sign 'just a few' in some future year will look back on this off-season and realize that having around ten unexpected dropouts is normal. It's so reliable that schools with full rosters count on it and they don't get caught over the 85 limit. Hopefully someday we, too, will be near to 85 at the start of fall practice and won't be running around looking for senior walkons to help fill the roster.

If the 2013 attrition is truly ended with Robinson, I hope that the many fans that wring their hands about only being able to sign 'just a few' in some future year will look back on this off-season and realize that having around ten unexpected dropouts is normal. It's so reliable that schools with full rosters count on it and they don't get caught over the 85 limit. Hopefully someday we, too, will be near to 85 at the start of fall practice and won't be running around looking for senior walkons to help fill the roster.

With all the attrition you are claiming we are still at 79 or 80 plays on roster.

With all the attrition you are claiming we are still at 79 or 80 plays on roster.

I'm not "claiming" any attrition, I'm counting the number of players that were expected to return or enroll for this season and won't be here. The reasons they won't be in uniform vary from among good, bad and ugly, but missing they will be. There are 12 of them. I'll be glad to list the 12 if you didn't keep my list from before. I'd have to check on your claim of us being at "79 or 80". I believe we'll be closer to 77 when the bell rings. Either way, we are a significant percentage below 85.

Seems like we've always put 4 or 5 walkons (Jrs and Srs) on scholarship at the start of fall practice. That's roughly the number usually rewarded regardless of whether we have 70 or 80 scholarship players at the start of fall. I'm glad we never have 85, so a few deserving walkons can be rewarded for hard work. I think the scholarship players really like that little ceremony.

Seems like we've always put 4 or 5 walkons (Jrs and Srs) on scholarship at the start of fall practice. That's roughly the number usually rewarded regardless of whether we have 70 or 80 scholarship players at the start of fall. I'm glad we never have 85, so a few deserving walkons can be rewarded for hard work. I think the scholarship players really like that little ceremony.

usually closer to 2 or 3.

E, does this mean we can sign a total of 28 at this point (3 EEs+25)? Also, where will Jason Smith count, 13' or 14'. I can never get this right.

E, does this mean we can sign a total of 28 at this point (3 EEs+25)? Also, where will Jason Smith count, 13' or 14'. I can never get this right.

1 yes. 2. Smith would retain his spot in the 2013 class if he enrolls in January.

usually closer to 2 or 3.

Technically you are correct. Usually 3, but average of 4.3 for last 4 years. :-\

2009 - 3

2010 - 3

2011 - 8

2012 - 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. Jason Smith changed his mind and decided to go to juco instead of Prep School. He started at Gulf Coast Community College in Mississippi earlier this week. He will redshirt this year and play next year. He plans to enroll at Auburn in January of 2015 as a RS Soph with 3 years to play 3. He will count to the 2014 class now and his 2013 spot is used as well so in effect he will count in 2 classes. OP updated.

May be a dumb question but why?

Probably has more work to do than prep work. Prep school is mainly to help get ACT scores up or grades in a core class or 2.

Archived