2013 Class Enrollment List

ellitor

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Jimmy Hutchinson is still planning on enrolling in Jan? I didn't see his name on our recruiting list on different sites...

So Jimmy Hutchinson is still planning on enrolling in Jan? I didn't see his name on our recruiting list on different sites...

There won't be til he reconfirms it. There has been noithing on him since the grayshirt news in January.

There won't be til he reconfirms it. There has been noithing on him since the grayshirt news in January.

Any chance to bring him in the fall now that we have had a couple of people transfer? Then red-shirt him for this year and he will be good to go next? That way he can be in the S&T program for a year...

Any chance to bring him in the fall now that we have had a couple of people transfer? Then red-shirt him for this year and he will be good to go next? That way he can be in the S&T program for a year...

People transferring had nothing to do with it. We had room to sign him in February. I think CGM feels there is no point bringing in Jimmy and wasting a RS when he can come in in January as the starter with a redshirt available if needed.

People transferring had nothing to do with it. We had room to sign him in February. I think CGM feels there is no point bringing in Jimmy and wasting a RS when he can come in in January as the starter with a redshirt available if needed.

I hope we haven't out-smarted ourselves with this guy. Anybody that wants him can and will recruit him right up until signing day next February. The nation's #1 punting prospect is a strange guy to play around with when we could have signed him and locked him up solid. Hope Gus understood what he was doing.

I hope we haven't out-smarted ourselves with this guy. Anybody that wants him can and will recruit him right up until signing day next February. The nation's #1 punting prospect is a strange guy to play around with when we could have signed him and locked him up solid. Hope Gus understood what he was doing.

M, those were my exact thoughts in Jan. when we heard about this. I know JH said he was still "all in" at the time (which is what I expected him to say) but I always felts odds of him sticking with AU in the end were not real good. This was the most disappointing thing about the 2013 class for me. I really felt like Hutch could come in this fall and take the job, but what do I know. Staff obviously did not think so. Sure hope I'm wrong and he sticks with the good guys.

It will not go on til February. He is scheduled to enroll in January. If Hutch really wanted he could sign with another team now and start class this summer or fall.

It will not go on til February. He is scheduled to enroll in January. If Hutch really wanted he could sign with another team now and start class this summer or fall.

Yes, he certainly can and do you know for a fact that he won't? I think that was the subject, rather than if he'll be an EE or not.

I think it is a travesty that we are going to lose two very important members of the 2013 class to academics. One was committed to Auburn for almost a year before NSD and was of the most vocal member of the class in terms of recruiting others. This whole thing reminds me of the Jaquay Williams fiasco last year. What the hell is is our compliance department doing? Inexcusable!! And Rueben Foster struts into uat unscathed!! Rant over!!

I think it is a travesty that we are going to lose two very important members of the 2013 class to academics. One was committed to Auburn for almost a year before NSD and was of the most vocal member of the class in terms of recruiting others. This whole thing reminds me of the Jaquay Williams fiasco last year. What the hell is is our compliance department doing? Inexcusable!! And Rueben Foster struts into uat unscathed!! Rant over!!

Robinson?

good rant, +1

Robinson?

Different situation because of the grade-changing situation. The ones I mentioned are simply a matter of compliance not doing their job. Our compliance people are great when it comes to abiding by the rules, but totally inept in preparing a signee to meet our academic requirements. Most oft his is fallout from the previious staff, but JJ and McGlynn need to address this issue. BTW, if you think we can place these kids somewhere, look how that worked out with Jaquay!!

Robinson?

Different situation because of the grade-changing situation. The ones I mentioned are simply a matter of compliance not doing their job. Our compliance people are great when it comes to abiding by the rules, but totally inept in preparing a signee to meet our academic requirements. Most oft his is fallout from the previious staff, but JJ and McGlynn need to address this issue. BTW, if you think we can place these kids somewhere, look how that worked out with Jaquay!!

Nobody is lost as of yet as far as I know.

Robinson?

That is correct, but the handwriting on the wall........

Robinson?

That is correct, but the handwriting on the wall........

Still as I said a few pages back I'd rather not speculate on kids and grades. I would rathar wait til their fates are decided one way or another. We will all know who is on the fence after the second Summer term has started anyway.

Still as I said a few pages back I'd rather not speculate on kids and grades. I would rathar wait til their fates are decided one way or another. We will all know who is on the fence after the second Summer term has started anyway.

If they don't qualify for Summer, don't they still have time to straighten things out in time to get in before Fall practice?

If they don't qualify for Summer, don't they still have time to straighten things out in time to get in before Fall practice?

Yes but you will all know who is squarely on the fence. By the second term comes there is no more graduation ceremonies to wait on. It's all summer school and ACTs at that point.

Jason Smith (4* QB/WR) will attend Fork Union (prep school). Wants to be back in Auburn in January.

Jason Smith (4* QB/WR) will attend Fork Union (prep school). Wants to be back in Auburn in January.

Is he the only one that won't qualify?

Is he the only one that won't qualify?

I think there's one or two more that won't. But I won't speculate.

Archived