Frazier Discussion

Rednilla

The mishandling of the Arkansas game last year remains the biggest puzzle of the entire season to me. At the point when Frazier was taken out it looked like things were coming together for him. I thought he was being spelled for one series. Instead, he was gone for the foreseeable future.

Of all the weird things done in 2012, that was tied for the "Weirdness Award". The other award winner being hiring a security firm to perform bedchecks.

I completely agree! When they pulled him in that game I was just screaming at the TV asking wtf they were doing. I thought he was having one of his best games, and then all of sudden they decide to go with someone else?! I seriously turned to my buddy and said that I thought it was the worst coaching decision I had ever seen Chizik make and it was just going to make things worse. I'm glad I'm not the only one who completely disagreed with doing that.

Ageed^^ That broke kf's spirit right there. He was finally getting a groove then boom, he's being replaced. It may be too late for him to recover from that because im telling u, NM is gonna turn some heads when he gets on to that field, mark it down! Which may be what KF needs to get his mojo back; competition from a great athlete.

I'm not arguing the point but, if you're honest, you admit that KF has had plenty of competition from JW and thus far it hasn't had much impact on his performance. I don't necessarily agree that bringing in someone much better is going to make the other 2 any better. That's given NM is much better. I hope someone can step up and play the position with better results than what we've been getting.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mishandling of the Arkansas game last year remains the biggest puzzle of the entire season to me. At the point when Frazier was taken out it looked like things were coming together for him. I thought he was being spelled for one series. Instead, he was gone for the foreseeable future.

Of all the weird things done in 2012, that was tied for the "Weirdness Award". The other award winner being hiring a security firm to perform bedchecks.

I completely agree! When they pulled him in that game I was just screaming at the TV asking wtf they were doing. I thought he was having one of his best games, and then all of sudden they decide to go with someone else?! I seriously turned to my buddy and said that I thought it was the worst coaching decision I had ever seen Chizik make and it was just going to make things worse. I'm glad I'm not the only one who completely disagreed with doing that.

Ageed^^ That broke kf's spirit right there. He was finally getting a groove then boom, he's being replaced. It may be too late for him to recover from that because im telling u, NM is gonna turn some heads when he gets on to that field, mark it down! Which may be what KF needs to get his mojo back; competition from a great athlete.

I'm not arguing the point but, if you're honest, you admit that KF has had plenty of competition from JW and thus far it hasn't had much impact on his performance. I don't necessarily agree that bringing in someone much better is going to make the other 2 any better. That's given NM is much better. I hope someone can step up and play the position with better results than what we've been getting.

Yes kf has had competition from jw, when nm gets on campus u will see that jw is no nm!

Yes kf has had competition from jw, when nm gets on campus u will see that jw is no nm!

I understand but do you get my point? If KF hasn't separated from JW how in the world is he going to achieve any separation from a guy who is much much better...that is, of course, IF he is that much better! Personally, I just don't see NM being in the mix as a benefit to KF's chances of earning the job...that's all!

Question for everyone: If Marshall comes in this Fall, and wins the starting job, can we all just admit (including me) that KF just didn't pan out in major college ball, or will all of us KF fans (me included) continue to make excuses for KF?

I guess what I am saying is, all of we KF fans, need to wakeup and smell the coffee!

+1

Question for everyone: If Marshall comes in this Fall, and wins the starting job, can we all just admit (including me) that KF just didn't pan out in major college ball, or will all of us KF fans (me included) continue to make excuses for KF?

I guess what I am saying is, all of we KF fans, need to wakeup and smell the coffee!

+1

My hunch tells me that IF NM wins the job, I suspect that KF will be heralded, by his fans, as the "best QB" in football that's not a starter. He may win the job yet so, at this point, I apologize for putting the cart before the horse, but, his apologists have been faithful and tenacious in their excuse making

There's a middle ground, folks like me that believe no athlete's THAT good in high school and THIS....not great...in college, so without saying he's earned anything yet, I'm perpetually waiting for some bulb to come on.

KF was deserving of his USA Today NATIONAL High School Offensive Player of the Year Award IMHO, he wasn't overrated coming out of high school and most of the "explanations" for his mediocrity are conjecture, some pretty stupid conjecture at that. Hit the switch somebody.

It would be interesting to see how KF responds if somebody is the clear starter ahead of him and a lot of the pressure/expectations for him to be Cam go away.

There's a middle ground, folks like me that believe no athlete's THAT good in high school and THIS....not great...in college, so without saying he's earned anything yet, I'm perpetually waiting for some bulb to come on.

KF was deserving of his USA Today NATIONAL High School Offensive Player of the Year Award IMHO, he wasn't overrated coming out of high school and most of the "explanations" for his mediocrity are conjecture, some pretty stupid conjecture at that. Hit the switch somebody.

It would be interesting to see how KF responds if somebody is the clear starter ahead of him and a lot of the pressure/expectations for him to be Cam go away.

Gus has stated pretty emphatically that he's a 1 QB kind of coach. I realize he did play KF in 2011 because Trotter simply wasn't a threat at all running the Wildcat, so KF filled in in that role. To your point, if someone else wins the job ahead of him, I dont expect to see KF much, if at all, unless the guy who won the job doesn't get it done on game day. He very well could become a forgotten man if NM beats him out..just sayin, but, the fact remains, nobody has won the job yet so your point about conjecture is well made.

Gus has stated pretty emphatically that he's a 1 QB kind of coach. I realize he did play KF in 2011 because Trotter simply wasn't a threat at all running the Wildcat, so KF filled in in that role. To your point, if someone else wins the job ahead of him, I dont expect to see KF much, if at all, unless the guy who won the job doesn't get it done on game day. He very well could become a forgotten man if NM beats him out..just sayin, but, the fact remains, nobody has won the job yet so your point about conjecture is well made.

I think what Canuck was saying is that if he has the pressure off of him and just goes out and does his thing, he might well win the job back...or, alternatively, be much better prepared as the backup, should the starter get injured.

And while I agree that Marshall wasn't brought in just to provide him with a different level of competition, I can't help wondering if the different level of competition might be what he needs to get things to start clicking. As athletic as Wallace is, he's never going to have the kind of arm that any of the other three QBs who will be competing this fall have. Honestly, if he has improved the amount of zip he puts on his passes, particularly those inside of 10 yards, much at all, then I would be surprised to see anyone besides him starting. Dude definitely showed tenacity last year in a very bad situation.

I think what Canuck was saying is that if he has the pressure off of him and just goes out and does his thing, he might well win the job back...or, alternatively, be much better prepared as the backup, should the starter get injured.

And while I agree that Marshall wasn't brought in just to provide him with a different level of competition, I can't help wondering if the different level of competition might be what he needs to get things to start clicking. As athletic as Wallace is, he's never going to have the kind of arm that any of the other three QBs who will be competing this fall have. Honestly, if he has improved the amount of zip he puts on his passes, particularly those inside of 10 yards, much at all, then I would be surprised to see anyone besides him starting. Dude definitely showed tenacity last year in a very bad situation.

You make good points red but I'm sure you realize that a lot of pressure comes with playing QB in big boy football. If pressure is whats preventing KF from winning the job in pre-season then I think it's fair to say he's not the guy. I must add, however, I don't think that has anything to do with it actually. He just needs to relax and compete and stop over thinking it all. Ironically, IMO, his best chance to win the job is to just let it all hang out and play and let the chips fall where they land.

You make good points red but I'm sure you realize that a lot of pressure comes with playing QB in big boy football. If pressure is whats preventing KF from winning the job in pre-season then I think it's fair to say he's not the guy. I must add, however, I don't think that has anything to do with it actually. He just needs to relax and compete and stop over thinking it all. Ironically, IMO, his best chance to win the job is to just let it all hang out and play and let the chips fall where they land.

External pressure, sure, but I would say it's the pressure he's putting on himself at least as much as anything else.

Of course, that having been said, I suspect that any amount that having the pressure off due to not starting will be counterbalanced with disappointment that he never lived up to his potential, should he lose the job. But, time will tell, one way or the other.

The way I read this is BVG had just said our guys are not big enough to handle SEC big boys. We are under sized, not in shape etc as to why we were getting stomped every Saturday.. It looked to me that PM was in total shock that he would make that statement, thus the rolling eyes on PM' s part. This is just my take on this particular snippet of the BVG interview. TIFWIW.. I think BVG knew at that point we were toast as a team, however It's a new day!! :muscles::happydance:

Red - If you are thinking THAT poster is going to post without putting down Kiehl you are mistaken. He can't do it. "I love KF but he is scared, and I love him but he will never amount to squat, he is washed up but I hope the best." :-\

Mikey - Everyone around us at the Arky game was saying the same thing! The whole second half Chiz just stood there like a statue, he became more and more detached/disconnected from the team each game at that point. It was like Tubbs last year, granted he had issues, but both of their minds were on things other than the game being played 20ft in front of them.

No one has to feel sorry for Kiehl Frazier. He is going to be fine. He will either start this fall or he won't. He needs some confidence and he will find it. I imagine whoever starts at QB will have some shakey series' the first game or two. Gus knows what he is doing and we are going to be able to enjoy AU Football again!

Red - If you are thinking THAT poster is going to post without putting down Kiehl you are mistaken. He can't do it. "I love KF but he is scared, and I love him but he will never amount to squat, he is washed up but I hope the best." :-\

Mikey - Everyone around us at the Arky game was saying the same thing! The whole second half Chiz just stood there like a statue, he became more and more detached/disconnected from the team each game at that point. It was like Tubbs last year, granted he had issues, but both of their minds were on things other than the game being played 20ft in front of them.

No one has to feel sorry for Kiehl Frazier. He is going to be fine. He will either start this fall or he won't. He needs some confidence and he will find it. I imagine whoever starts at QB will have some shakey series' the first game or two. Gus knows what he is doing and we are going to be able to enjoy AU Football again!

Are you so blinded by your bromance with KF that you simply cannot understand a simple post? I said NOTHING derogatory about KF. Dude, you really really need to take a breath and step back from the ledge. Yaboy still might win the job. I never said he wouldn't couldn't or shouldn't....IF he is deemed to be the best by Gus and crew he WILL win the job.

Are you so blinded by your bromance with KF that you simply cannot understand a simple post? I said NOTHING derogatory about KF. Dude, you really really need to take a breath and step back from the ledge. Yaboy still might win the job. I never said he wouldn't couldn't or shouldn't....IF he is deemed to be the best by Gus and crew he WILL win the job.

I'll say it. KF won't be the starter this year. Bank it. NM will start and win 8 games.

Notice: I have no reason,explanation,stats or anything other than my magic 8ball that says that is the way it will be. This prediction is subject to change 1. when the starter is named and 2.After the 10th game.

How did a WR recruit thread become a thread about whether or not Frazier will be the starter? This thread's history is so confusing to me...

External pressure, sure, but I would say it's the pressure he's putting on himself at least as much as anything else.

Of course, that having been said, I suspect that any amount that having the pressure off due to not starting will be counterbalanced with disappointment that he never lived up to his potential, should he lose the job. But, time will tell, one way or the other.

The kid could live up to his potential and show his skills. IMO, I just don't think the SEC is the best place for him to display his talents. Arky State/LaTech/SoMiss/Troy level may have been perfect for KF. Not every player has what it takes to produce in this conference.

The kid could live up to his potential and show his skills. IMO, I just don't think the SEC is the best place for him to display his talents. Arky State/LaTech/SoMiss/Troy level may have been perfect for KF. Not every player has what it takes to produce in this conference.

if I had posted that statement, a half a dozen KF advocates would've materialized out of thin air and jumped all over me accusing me of being a KF hater! :dunno:

if I had posted that statement, a half a dozen KF advocates would've materialized out of thin air and jumped all over me accusing me of being a KF hater! :dunno:

HATERS

Ha Ha..true! Maybe it's a sign that you're liked...TBV....your comments get read! lol. Heck IDK...just grasping for straws to provide a little encouragement. lol.

Seriously though, how did this evolution occur?

I said this on page 6 "My only fear for us not getting him is that our current QB situation isn't too solid right now, I know if I was a top WR I would definitally chose a school with at least an average QB which we can't even claim ourselves. Hopefully NM or JJ show up and put up big numbers." then hours later the WR committed to LSU so the perfect storm of no longer caring about this wr plus minor qb discussion evolved into an all out QB thread.

Seriously though, how did this evolution occur?

I said this on page 6 "My only fear for us not getting him is that our current QB situation isn't too solid right now, I know if I was a top WR I would definitally chose a school with at least an average QB which we can't even claim ourselves. Hopefully NM or JJ show up and put up big numbers." then hours later the WR committed to LSU so the perfect storm of no longer caring about this wr plus minor qb discussion evolved into an all out QB thread.

Thank you - much appreciated.

Archived