Frazier Discussion

Rednilla

Question for everyone: If Marshall comes in this Fall, and wins the starting job, can we all just admit (including me) that KF just didn't pan out in major college ball, or will all of us KF fans (me included) continue to make excuses for KF?

I guess what I am saying is, all of we KF fans, need to wakeup and smell the coffee!

my original statement a few days ago about KF started with a couple of sentences. First one said not trying to start a KF campaign. Second one said a good sports shrink would go along way with him and also that this offense and coaching staff is a more perfect situation for KF than anyone else (everyone knows this of coarse)

Ill end my QB rant here for the people that it bothers but I'm only saying KF may change that means I beieve he is scared. Has been since about possession number 3-4 of the Clem game. Our last coaching staff BROKE alot of hose players and THIS new staff is having to rebuild ALL players from the ground up just about.

I believe JW can play at any school in any offense but can he throw a 40 yard pass with accuracy? Don't believe he can. KF can but he needs a shrink that will help him chill and throw the screens and slants. It's football and kids. Not that hard. KF can sink or swim, i know this. Like all I hope for the best. That is all<----- War Eagle (;

Oh and were suppose to think someone who deal with (Gasp!) Ivory is on the up and up? And being honest? Lol! This post is not for you.

Just because you qualify your negative post with, "I love him BUT..." does not throw me off your intent. I was born at night but not last night. If anyone starts other than KF it simply means CGM thinks they give us a better chance of winning. Nothing more and nothing less. It does not mean KF was a bust, or a wasted scholarship and attempts to force others to say such is ludacris and not something that someone who "loves him" would even suggest.

WTH?? Did you read his post? There was nothing that terrible there. I think you are taking it way to personal when people say they aren't 100% confident in Frazier. Everyone wants the best guy to play QB. If it is Frazier then awesome! If not then we will cheer like heck for that guy. But don't get mad because many here don't have faith in Kiehl after seeing him play last season. It will be an interesting battle come fall and I hope the best guy wins and leads us to victory!

War Eagle!

I completely screwed up that post! Lol. My partner was in here and I lost my train of thought. I have no idea how I got all that confused! SORRY EVERYBODY!

Ivory and 24 - None of that was intended for either of you.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang Dixie! Come at me brah lol I have no homer-ism for KF he killed me buzz on many occasion my friend. You really don't understand what I'm trying to say man and I'm sorry because ill go blind trying to explain the same thing till this thread gets moved. KF looked terrible in Scott Loeffler's O. Don't know bout Gus's Offense. We've only seen him in a limited role in this O since his highschool days. Right? Right? Yes he was scared and confused last year. Now this year we will kno if he doesn't win the job that he was not confused this time but still scared. If he wins he job we will still not yet know if he is capable till after a few games We-will-see-brother. No hate intended

Nobody has to be praised! Not at all, but how can you judge a players career especially a QB based on what he has been allowed to show? 4-1/2 games of an offense even the coaches couldn't agree on? In that case we have a bunch of hopeless losers on our team and we better get rid of them all and start over. Is that the deal? Dee Ford didn't show up half the time last year, but by the standards some seem to go by he won't get off the bench this year. Nobody played well on the OL last year. No chance they can be better, cut em all. WE ARE DOOMED!!!

Question for everyone: If Marshall comes in this Fall, and wins the starting job, can we all just admit (including me) that KF just didn't pan out in major college ball, or will all of us KF fans (me included) continue to make excuses for KF?

I guess what I am saying is, all of we KF fans, need to wakeup and smell the coffee!

my original statement a few days ago about KF started with a couple of sentences. First one said not trying to start a KF campaign. Second one said a good sports shrink would go along way with him and also that this offense and coaching staff is a more perfect situation for KF than anyone else (everyone knows this of coarse)

Ill end my QB rant here for the people that it bothers but I'm only saying KF may change that means I beieve he is scared. Has been since about possession number 3-4 of the Clem game. Our last coaching staff BROKE alot of hose players and THIS new staff is having to rebuild ALL players from the ground up just about.

I believe JW can play at any school in any offense but can he throw a 40 yard pass with accuracy? Don't believe he can. KF can but he needs a shrink that will help him chill and throw the screens and slants. It's football and kids. Not that hard. KF can sink or swim, i know this. Like all I hope for the best. That is all<----- War Eagle (;

Oh and were suppose to think someone who deal with (Gasp!) Ivory is on the up and up? And being honest? Lol! This post is not for you.

Just because you qualify your negative post with, "I love him BUT..." does not throw me off your intent. I was born at night but not last night. If anyone starts other than KF it simply means CGM thinks they give us a better chance of winning. Nothing more and nothing less. It does not mean KF was a bust, or a wasted scholarship and attempts to force others to say such is ludacris and not something that someone who "loves him" would even suggest.

WTH?? Did you read his post? There was nothing that terrible there. I think you are taking it way to personal when people say they aren't 100% confident in Frazier. Everyone wants the best guy to play QB. If it is Frazier then awesome! If not then we will cheer like heck for that guy. But don't get mad because many here don't have faith in Kiehl after seeing him play last season. It will be an interesting battle come fall and I hope the best guy wins and leads us to victory!

War Eagle!

Ya, quite a few get a little testy if you dont heap on the praises for certain players...even if they aint done squat to deserve it.

Dude really? I feel sorry for you sometimes. It must suck to be that negative all the time.

Nobody has to be praised! Not at all, but how can you judge a players career especially a QB based on what he has been allowed to show? 4-1/2 games of an offense even the coaches couldn't agree on? In that case we have a bunch of hopeless losers on our team and we better get rid of them all and start over. Is that the deal? Dee Ford didn't show up half the time last year, but by the standards some seem to go by he won't get off the bench this year. Nobody played well on the OL last year. No chance they can be better, cut em all. WE ARE DOOMED!!!

True but the only sample size we have been given of him are those games so what are we supposed to base off our projections off of? High School? I don't think you can write anyone off until they graduate or leave Auburn but we can only use what we have seen to get an idea of what we think a player can do. Does this mean that no one can be better? Of course not but you can't hate on people for being less than optimistic about a guy that performed poorly when he did play. That's all

True but the only sample size we have been given of him are those games so what are we supposed to base off our projections off of? High School? I don't think you can write anyone off until they graduate or leave Auburn but we can only use what we have seen to get an idea of what we think a player can do. Does this mean that no one can be better? Of course not but you can't hate on people for being less than optimistic about a guy that performed poorly when he did play. That's all

I don't have time to hate. Plenty of posters have said exactly what you just said, and how you said it. That is awesome, I can do without some of the personal and negative crap that a few people throw out there. I messed up on the one post and it seemed as though I were coming at Ivory and 24 and it was a MISTAKE! Sorry.

I don't have time to hate. Plenty of posters have said exactly what you just said, and how you said it. That is awesome, I can do without some of the personal and negative crap that a few people throw out there. I messed up on the one post and it seemed as though I were coming at Ivory and 24 and it was a MISTAKE! Sorry.

:cheers:

No worries! :)

Guys, there are a number of QB threads on the football board you can take the discussion to.

War Eagle!

Ya, quite a few get a little testy if you dont heap on the praises for certain players...even if they aint done squat to deserve it.

Dude really? I feel sorry for you sometimes. It must suck to be that negative all the time.

The funny thing is you just prefer to insist that I'm negative....feel sorry for me? LOL Im a very positive guy. Ive never been negative in here but I have been realistic. Personally, I don't think its realistic to think KF is going to be a star QB at Auburn. I've seen other guys at QB who weren't exactly surrounded by world beaters that didn't look intimidated or panicked but that's the standard look from KF and that's not being negative that's called being honest. Like Ive posted many times...if KF proves me wrong I'll be thrilled because Auburn will have found a QB that can win and, in reality, that's really all any of us want.

Dixie1860 No worries I kno you wasn't getting ill man. No problem and War Eagle. And D'haquille deserved us to go full AU QB convo on his thread lol That's what he gets for goin all corndog on us.

Maybe we should make rogue threads like this for closed convos about AU without a butch of soapbox sessions (;

Frazier doesn't want to get hit. He plays ok when he knows he won't be hit (A-Day) but he plays scared out of his mind (hence why his eyes are on the rush and not downfield) when he's in a real game. He needs to get popped one REALLY good time and get back up and then he'll find out its not that bad. I mean, shoot, there are 100+ other QBs in the NCAA not playing like they are frightened.

There's that same old tired drivel. Frazier played just fine as the running, wildcat QB in 2011. He dished out the hits just as hard as he took 'em and picked up a number of first downs and scored some key TD's running the ball. I can't imagine where this "he doesn't want to get hit" stuff comes from. There's a lot of hard evidence that he doesn't mind getting hit at all.

Frazier doesn't want to get hit. He plays ok when he knows he won't be hit (A-Day) but he plays scared out of his mind (hence why his eyes are on the rush and not downfield) when he's in a real game. He needs to get popped one REALLY good time and get back up and then he'll find out its not that bad. I mean, shoot, there are 100+ other QBs in the NCAA not playing like they are frightened.

There's that same old tired drivel. Frazier played just fine as the running, wildcat QB in 2011. He dished out the hits just as hard as he took 'em and picked up a number of first downs and scored some key TD's running the ball. I can't imagine where this "he doesn't want to get hit" stuff comes from. There's a lot of hard evidence that he doesn't mind getting hit at all.

Agreed Mikey. I am clueless as to where this falicy comes from as well.

not sure where the not wanting to get hit thing comes from, I am more concerned how he can't make good reads and complete the simplest of throws.

Would just like to point out a blindside hit on a QB making reads is very different from a hit where you yourself are running at the defenders.

It's the hesitancy he showed last year as the starter that does it. The game was still moving too fast for him, he was trying to think too much, and it made him far less tenacious than when he was tucking it and running as a freshman. I'm sure you've seen me mention this, Mikey, but for those who haven't, I still adamantly believe that he should never have been taken out of the Arkansas game...or else he should have gone back in after getting a couple of series on the bench. That whole game, I had the feeling that all he needed was that one drive where things came together and started clicking, and as soon as they did, Arky would have wilted (they were a beaten team by that point), and Kiehl would have started developing confidence that he could make plays to win the game.

Now, of course, that's my own speculation, but I was talking about that all through halftime sitting in the upper deck...hell, I was talking about it as I walked out of the Georgia Dome after the Clemson game, saying that at some point after the LSU game (and Arky was the prime candidate, coming off a bye week following the LSU game) things would come together for Frazier and the offense would start clicking, or else it was going to be a long season (I just had no clue exactly HOW long). And regardless of whether or not he would have orchestrated that drive and started moving toward being the QB I HOPE we all want him to be (again, not aimed at Mikey, just going out generally), the Arkansas game is where Chizik lost the team...and I maintain that it was him giving up on Kiehl, who had been the leader of the offense throughout the offseason workouts, that did him in.

Of course, in hindsight, it might end up being the best thing that could have happened to Auburn, seeing as we got Malzahn back and certainly appear to be gearing up for a pretty strong next few years...but it might also have broken Kiehl, psychologically, beyond repair. Time will tell.

IMO We are all forgetting one VERY important thing in our discussion of the QB's, and that is what Coach Malzahn said when he was first hired- (paraphrased) he said that EVERYBODY will have a chance to compete and EVERYONE will get a fresh start, yet for some reason, people on this thread have a hard time doing that. IMO the only thing that we should be judging KF or JW or anybody else on this 2013 team for that matter is how they have practiced, the attitude that they have shown, and their performance at A-Day, and (at least on the A-Day front) KF and JW did not show a lot of separation. I believe there were .1 points separating their performances (yes, i know that JW threw 1 more TD pass, but as I have said in other threads, his second TD drive probably would not have happened if the QB had been live, plus KF showed off his running ability a little bit more).

IMO KF's issues are easier to correct simply because they are not raw talent-centered. The touch passes, the screens, those will come with practice and getting more chemistry with your recievers, something that is very hard to do in 12 practices when the offense is switching out players more often than a girl switches out purses or make up or whatever (this is a football thread danget don't judge me!! :dunno: ) as well as trying to teach the "new guys" a brand new offense that has a lot of pre-snap motion and is very focused on lining up the correct way and being very accurate with route running, blocking schemes, etc. Nobody expected the offense to be perfect during the spring game, and it was a heck of a lot better than I expected.

TL;DR: "A New Day" means that everybody is getting a clean slate- you cant say "WDE It's a New Day!!!" in a post for a commitment and then turn around and bash KF or others for what did or did not happen last year, it is simply hypocritical. Furthermore, give the guys a chance to get comfortable with each other and the offense before trying to do CRL's job for him- he sees the players everyday on and off of the field, he sees who is becoming the best leader and who can most effectively lead this offense. "In Gus We Trust" means that we are going to trust our Head Coach and his staff to put the best guys on the field come fall, so why don't we let them do just that?

/end rant.

The mishandling of the Arkansas game last year remains the biggest puzzle of the entire season to me. At the point when Frazier was taken out it looked like things were coming together for him. I thought he was being spelled for one series. Instead, he was gone for the foreseeable future.

Of all the weird things done in 2012, that was tied for the "Weirdness Award". The other award winner being hiring a security firm to perform bedchecks.

The mishandling of the Arkansas game last year remains the biggest puzzle of the entire season to me. At the point when Frazier was taken out it looked like things were coming together for him. I thought he was being spelled for one series. Instead, he was gone for the foreseeable future.

Of all the weird things done in 2012, that was tied for the "Weirdness Award". The other award winner being hiring a security firm to perform bedchecks.

Now on to 2013, where JJ is told he is doing such a good job with our AD in the cellar, that he is being retained, along with Jackson. Just speaking of weird!!

I completely agree! When they pulled him in that game I was just screaming at the TV asking wtf they were doing. I thought he was having one of his best games, and then all of sudden they decide to go with someone else?! I seriously turned to my buddy and said that I thought it was the worst coaching decision I had ever seen Chizik make and it was just going to make things worse. I'm glad I'm not the only one who completely disagreed with doing that.

Now on to 2013, where JJ is told he is doing such a good job with our AD in the cellar, that he is being retained, along with Jackson. Just speaking of weird!!

Thats what you took from that?

I completely agree! When they pulled him in that game I was just screaming at the TV asking wtf they were doing. I thought he was having one of his best games, and then all of sudden they decide to go with someone else?! I seriously turned to my buddy and said that I thought it was the worst coaching decision I had ever seen Chizik make and it was just going to make things worse. I'm glad I'm not the only one who completely disagreed with doing that.

Ageed^^ That broke kf's spirit right there. He was finally getting a groove then boom, he's being replaced. It may be too late for him to recover from that because im telling u, NM is gonna turn some heads when he gets on to that field, mark it down! Which may be what KF needs to get his mojo back; competition from a great athlete.

Archived