Another one bites the dust!!!

bootskii

What many fail to see is that saban has a second coaching staff, which isn't illegal, and is pretty smart. Their job is evaluation of recruits, recruiting, bama game film, opponents game film, and overall evals of the entire team from top to bottom. Saban and his main coaching staff are free to coach and to close the deal in recruiting. The second staff has all but sealed the deal with most of he kids they recruit. Saban just shows up at their house in the end to close. And in case you all didn't know, Gus is putting together the EXACT same kind of second staff. Pretty smart if you ask me.

I wasn't aware that Gus had bulked up the AU staffing any more that what CGC had on his staff? Interesting

But if he isn't an NFL caliber player, he kinda won the lottery. A degree from UVA is to a degree from Alabama as quality of life in Charlottesville is to quality of life in Tuscaloosa. For a guy that probably isn't on the tip of NFL scout tongues, he made an amazing decision that afforded him a fighting chance to play QB in the ACC, gave him a chance to learn from Mike London (a quality coach and human being), and ensured himself a degree from one of the top four or five public institutions in America.

I'm going to say Phillip Sims didn't screw himself.

No kidding!.I'd say winning the lottery is a fitting comparison and he'll never regret it either

http://collegefootba...-south-alabama/

Looks like another kid getting flushed down the turdbowl to make room for future little turdlets. I remember we recruited this guy back in the day and he is from Mobile so hopefully DC can use this as ammo while recruiting down in that area. I remember Bama flushed another Mobile recruit, Burton Scott, last year and he was a 5 star. Just goes to show you Saban cares nothing about you unless you do something for him.

If Craig decides to tell Woodson's story in Mobile, and tells it truthfully, he'll have more than just a stamp of approval in my mind.

Woodson is a good kid, but he's also what I'd call a "non-comformist." By that, he tended to "buck" at the system in place—a system other players following more than willingly. He was well liked by other players, but also viewed as someone who wasn't willing to put in what was required.

A comparison to Burton Scott isn't just comparing apples to oranges. It's comparing fruit to pine cones. Knowing BJ as well as I do, and knowing what he says, he would actually laugh at your assertion of "Saban caring nothing about you..."

What many fail to see is that saban has a second coaching staff, which isn't illegal, and is pretty smart. Their job is evaluation of recruits, recruiting, bama game film, opponents game film, and overall evals of the entire team from top to bottom. Saban and his main coaching staff are free to coach and to close the deal in recruiting. The second staff has all but sealed the deal with most of he kids they recruit. Saban just shows up at their house in the end to close. And in case you all didn't know, Gus is putting together the EXACT same kind of second staff. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Close.

Their job isn't so much to evaluate recruits as it is to compile as much data as possible on those kids. They are not recruiting them.

In a quick run down: A prospect is identified, and submitted to the assistants working (not on the field assistants) in that department. At that point they begin collecting as much film and data as possible. However, before a kid is actually "recruited" and offered they go through a multi-step process where they are recommended by a position coach to a coordinator of that area, if both sign off on him then he's brought in front of the entire staff and evaluated. At that point there has to be a general consensus among the staff before he's offered. (And by offered, roughly 10-15% of those are committable offers at that point.)

The guys handling that data aren't the same ones as those who are collecting game film.

What you are calling a "second staff" consists of some GA's, and a few guys who are actually employed in different roles in the athletic department.

While there are these individuals who are collecting this information and compiling it for the staff, believe you me when I say the staff members (nine on the field coaches) are the main ones handling both recruiting and game film study. The "grunt work," for lack of a better expression, is done by the folks you've referred to. But, using one example, on the field coaches have that game film waiting on them as soon as they board the plane following an away game. Those same coaches have been studying the film since the end of spring camp. Right now they are probably working on the third or fourth game of next season.

Another turd gone now. I don't know if he was about to be processed or he wised up before getting flushed but looks like back up QB Philip Ely is transferring. I think we should make a colage of the players that he has processed so far so other football teams can show if you go to Alabama this is probably going to happen to you.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/29/tides-backup-qb-likely-transferring-to-toledo/

Another turd gone now. I don't know if he was about to be processed or he wised up before getting flushed but looks like back up QB Philip Ely is transferring. I think we should make a colage of the players that he has processed so far so other football teams can show if you go to Alabama this is probably going to happen to you.

http://collegefootba...ring-to-toledo/

I guess it would be fun to make collages and point fingers at the turds if we hadn't had our own QB exodus recently, i.e. Tyrick Rollinson/Barrett Trotter/Zeke Pike/Clint Mosley - and we STILL sit here today with a QB going into his 3rd year at AU and no one knows who the hell our starting QB will be when the season starts. :dead:

barrett trotter, clint mosley.. happens all over college football.

I guess it would be fun to make collages and point fingers at the turds if we hadn't had our own QB exodus recently, i.e. Tyrick Rollinson/Barrett Trotter/Zeke Pike/Clint Mosley - and we STILL sit here today with a QB going into his 3rd year at AU and no one knows who the hell our starting QB will be when the season starts. :dead:

I am just reminded about that colage that Saban put together to show recruits of who he put in the NFL. If you flipped the script I am sure the picture would be bigger of all the kids he has processed over his career.

I am just reminded about that colage that Saban put together to show recruits of who he put in the NFL. If you flipped the script I am sure the picture would be bigger of all the kids he has processed over his career.

I'm sure the script could be flipped if it included all of his processees over his career. But when you are recruiting a 5* stud that's 17-18 yrs old, the kid thinks he's invincible and can be the next julio jones/dee milliner/dre kirk, etc. The kids parents/legal guardians are willing to give their 5* a shot at playing for one of the best college coaches in the buisness, they are willing to take the chance that their kid will be drafted just like every UAT player was in the '13 draft.

Some things are for sure and non-debatable:

If Saban didn't recruit players illegally, if the turdville boosters didn't pay off every player with $500 handshakes, free cars and tailored suits, if the recruit's parents weren't offered cushy jobs and if the REC cult didn't own practically every media outlet in the country (including Forbes and BSPN), and if the NCAA wasn't in Bama's back pocket, then our team would be winning championships and basking in the glory, It's all somebody else's fault. I suspect that the bammer's somehow got to Jay Gould and convinced him to keep Jacobs -- probably slipped a mickey in his cocktail or something and took pictures of him in a compromising situation, I don't have any proof of course but what else could it be?

Y'all, aren't we ever going to get over our obsession with what Saban/Bama does or doesn't do? Their day in the sun will be over soon enough. Our day will come before long regardless of them.

I've been in positions most of my adult life where I've have had to listen to folks blame others or accuse others simply because they 'know' there has to be cheating or collusion or something underhanded going on. They can't stand the fact that others are successful simply because the work harder, smarter, and apply themselves.

I'm done venting I guess. Flame on.

Im not blameing anyone, I've witnessed his BS twice! Once with calloway and now with liner

Don't forget Phillip Sims. He is nothing like what they look for in a QB. I have no idea why they even recruited him. Luckily he was able to transfer and not sit a year.

if Sims had stayed at Bama he'd probably be the starter next year as a SR..he kind of screwed himself

He may have gotten to start as a senior, but that wasn't written in stone. He played in every game, and started four last year at Va., so I don't see how he screwed himself.

image_normal.jpg Kevin Scarbinsky@KevinScarbinsky 21m

RT @JamieOakes247: Phillip Sims no longer on UVa Football Roster … http://po.st/uEnQLo

Expand

But if he isn't an NFL caliber player, he kinda won the lottery. A degree from UVA is to a degree from Alabama as quality of life in Charlottesville is to quality of life in Tuscaloosa. For a guy that probably isn't on the tip of NFL scout tongues, he made an amazing decision that afforded him a fighting chance to play QB in the ACC, gave him a chance to learn from Mike London (a quality coach and human being), and ensured himself a degree from one of the top four or five public institutions in America.

whether it's right or wrong, a lot of athletes arent in it for academics.. i respect your opinion but like i said previously, i think he screwed himself. you see it all the time. highly touted player coming out of high school thinking that it isnt gonna take hard work. that it's just going to be given to them. then, once you get a little competition you get out of the kitchen when the heat is turned on.. happens all the time.

whether it's right or wrong, a lot of athletes arent in it for academics.. i respect your opinion but like i said previously, i think he screwed himself. you see it all the time. highly touted player coming out of high school thinking that it isnt gonna take hard work. that it's just going to be given to them. then, once you get a little competition you get out of the kitchen when the heat is turned on.. happens all the time.

Well, now it looks like Phillip didn't care enough to do what was necessary to stay at UVA. Coach London is a standup guy, but won't put up with slackers. Looks like Sims may have actually screwed himself TWICE.

Archived