Texas A&M - Kyle Field Expansion

RunInRed

I am definitely of the "rather have a smaller stadium packed to the gills that's loud" than a "we can seat 105,000 people but can only get 90-95,000 in there on game day". We will get there - for now I think making the stadium more "user-friendly" for lack of a better term, may be a better way to spend the cash.

31,000 students sit on one side. My goodness impressive.....

Now that's what I call a RENOVATION of a stadium!!!!

I was just going to type that! lol. That is impressive. Good grief...what's their enrollment?!!

i would love to see the south endzone completed with suites, some added student seats and some open concourse area. i think the suites could justify the upgrade and ultimately be how it is "paid for". In the process the southern end of the stadium upgrades could enable the students to enjoy a better game atmosphere and provide them some more seats and standing room only areas...

just a guess but that would be in the neighborhood of 5000 new seats for the rich folk (where i believe there is demand) and the students (where i believe there is demand)

Agree. We can add without going overboard. I don't care for us to ever be up around the 100K capacity range. I like our stadium environment so if we could mix in adding student seats, luxury seats and some renovations/improvements then that may be a good way to go.

i would love to see the south endzone completed with suites, some added student seats and some open concourse area. i think the suites could justify the upgrade and ultimately be how it is "paid for". In the process the southern end of the stadium upgrades could enable the students to enjoy a better game atmosphere and provide them some more seats and standing room only areas...

just a guess but that would be in the neighborhood of 5000 new seats for the rich folk (where i believe there is demand) and the students (where i believe there is demand)

Agree. We can add without going overboard. I don't care for us to ever be up around the 100K capacity range. I like our stadium environment so if we could mix in adding student seats, luxury seats and some renovations/improvements then that may be a good way to go.

Agree...JMO but I'm not caught up in wanting to match LSU or Bama or TAMU in stadium size. We have a great campus environment and putting more seats in a stadium that will be sold maybe 5 times per year just doesn't make sense to me. And as someone noted, much of the time, those extra seats would end up in the hands of visiting teams. Improving amenities? I'm fine with that but adding more seats for a few games per year just doesn't seem to be a good use of money...no matter what the interest rates are.

You know, adding 5000 seats with huge improvement in ammenities and luxury suites would put us where we should be for many, many years. If or when I attend a game at Auburn, I will buy tickets as low down to the field as I can get. Those nose bleed seats in any stadium make me nervous. I now join the ranks of those who have a monster sized flat-screen TV, and just watch the game in comfort! Too old, and too tired and weary, to attend games anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, adding 5000 seats with huge improvement in ammenities and luxury suites would put us where we should be for many, many years. If or when I attend a game at Auburn, I will buy tickets as low down to the field as I can get. Those nose bleed seats in any stadium make me nervous. I now join the ranks of those who have a monster sized flat-screen TV, and just watch the game in comfort! Too old, and too tired and weary, to attend games anymore.

I'm with you Doc. I have paid my debt. This is the first year since 1967 we haven't bought tickets. I'm tired, holding on to my memories and resting in the comfort of my home.

Archived