Texas A&M - Kyle Field Expansion

RunInRed

The SEC arms race continues...

Per A&M source, Kyle Field project will increase capacity to over 102,000.

The TAMU BOR meets Wednesday and Kyle Field's seating has been a real hot-button issue for months.

Some wanted to see Kyle capacity in the 95K range, while others wanted closer to 103K. The decision is to go with the larger stadium.

@billyliucci

After this expansion, JHS will be the 7th largest in the conference:

1. Neyland Stadium (Tennessee) - 102,455
  2. Kyle Field (Texas A&M) - 102,000
  3. Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama) - 101,821
  4. Sanford Stadium (UGA) - 92,746
  5. Tiger Stadium (LSU) - 92,542
  6. Ben Hill Griffin (Florida) - 88,548
  7. Jordan-Hare Stadium (Auburn) - 87,451

I would be willing to bet that Bama will be announcing an addition to BD within 6 months. They are not going to let TAM get ahead of them! TAM will be the largest in the SEC...

Uh...what exactly is there to add?

UAT has seating left on top of their flag poles........

TAM Kyle Field looks like this now

kylefield-AggieAthletics.com_.jpg

Could look like this

21674_640x480.jpeg

But probably will settle for this....

kyle-field_la.jpg

It's pretty sweet.......but I am not looking forward to hearing every Aggie I know talk about how much better their school and stadium is.

All that oil in Texas helps their land grant university a lot..........

It is a game changer, they have a huge endowment and plenty of well placed and heeled alums anf friends.

TAM came into SEC with a huge tailwind as to academic quality, pent up desire to excell and $$ to spend.

College Station is about 90 miles from Austin and 60 miles outside Houston with no interstates passing by college station. Game day there must be lots of fun on the highways going into that college town. And they are about to get even more so.....

Lots of money as noted and also highest ticket prices in the SEC last season. In fact, as much as we gripe about ticket prices, I was surprised to see this piece from a couple seasons ago....the old Big Xll had some steep prices. http://www.columbiamissourian.com/m/29972/chart-big-12-versus-sec-football-ticket-prices/. As for seating capacity, I notice that TAMU enrollment has passed 50,000....more than twice as large as AU.

There's no good reason why Auburn should fall all the way down to 7th place in the SEC with our stadium. We should take pride in Jordan-Hare and fix it up and add 15,000 to 17,000 more seats.

There's no good reason why Auburn should fall all the way down to 7th place in the SEC with our stadium. We should take pride in Jordan-Hare and fix it up and add 15,000 to 17,000 more seats.

The question becomes, is it quality or quantity? I'm OK having a 'smaller' stadium that meets our needs with top-notch amenities, features, etc. But to say we have that right now is a little laughable. Jay Jacobs isn't fooling anyone.

The question becomes, is it quality or quantity? I'm OK having a 'smaller' stadium that meets our needs with top-notch amenities, features, etc. But to say we have that right now is a little laughable. Jay Jacobs isn't fooling anyone.

AU is 10th in enrollment in the SEC and the stadium seems appropriate for the attendance of our games. Adding a bunch of seats without the demand for them is a waste of money. Better to have people scrambling to find tickets though the way the SEC schools keep raising prices, the average fan can't afford more than one or two games a season. I'm not sure what we "need" that we don't have though I guess people with imagination can always find ways to spend other people's money. JMO

i would love to see the south endzone completed with suites, some added student seats and some open concourse area. i think the suites could justify the upgrade and ultimately be how it is "paid for". In the process the southern end of the stadium upgrades could enable the students to enjoy a better game atmosphere and provide them some more seats and standing room only areas...

just a guess but that would be in the neighborhood of 5000 new seats for the rich folk (where i believe there is demand) and the students (where i believe there is demand)

What's the current demand for season tickets right now? How long is the waiting list?

If we've got a long waiting list of folks wanting to buy tickets, then an expansion is needed, as the demand is there.

What's the current demand for season tickets right now? How long is the waiting list?

If we've got a long waiting list of folks wanting to buy tickets, then an expansion is needed, as the demand is there.

++

Archived