everyone has seen our tiger with the hat logo........

aubiefifty

anyone know whats up with the hat? it looks like a sailor hat somewhat. any got an answers or clues?

Slap AUlteredEgos flag design on the side of the helmets and break out the black and silver. It's pirate time. It's time for some "attitude" on the plains.

anyone know whats up with the hat? it looks like a sailor hat somewhat. any got an answers or clues?

While I'm not certain, the "old school Aubie", as I call it, dates back to the 60's or before. I was there in the late 60's, and freshmen wore "rat hats" or beanies like this as a sort of hazing. I think that's where the logo came from. Anyone else from the dark ages with the same recollection?

P.S. I never owned one. I was a football walk-on, so maybe I was exempt or something. Took enough punishment from the varsity upperclassmen. :P

P.S.S. Still my favorite logo.

Luv the ol Tiger with the hat and the attitude, he is my favorite too.

The TP cross bones and eye patch take a little time to warm up too but, maybe if in O & B :dunno: ?

While I'm not certain, the "old school Aubie", as I call it, dates back to the 60's or before. I was there in the late 60's, and freshmen wore "rat hats" or beanies like this as a sort of hazing. I think that's where the logo came from. Anyone else from the dark ages with the same recollection?

P.S. I never owned one. I was a football walk-on, so maybe I was exempt or something. Took enough punishment from the varsity upperclassmen. :P

Yep the "rat cap" was in style when I was there in the early 60s and I took constant crap from the seniors in Mag hall because of my refusal to wear it. Even got a midnight trip to the notorious hog pond in hopes to teach me a lesson. Was left out there in my underwear....wet and smelly to find my way back to campus. As for the logo...I had book covers and some decals with the little Tiger....think it was pretty popular.

That logo without the ribbon goes back at least to the mid 50`s. My first Auburn item I ever owned and still have is a pennant with the tiger in the hat on it. I will try to copy and download. May need some of you guys expertise to do so; I`m old.

I am trying to download a picture of my pennant; any help would be appreciated. I have it saved in my computer already. Thanks folks. WDE

The Eagle flying through an A is just as old as the Tiger wearing a hat that has an A on the front. I've always liked them both.

I've seen my mother's or dad's old "rat cap" and it was more rounded at the top like a beanie or yarmulke. for our Jewish friends. lol I wonder where that old thing is....?

thanx. the flag is awesome and i would buy one if available.............

I have a hat from the late 1930's, it's a beanie I got from my grandfather-in-law who was an Engineer and AU grad. Not sure how they kept them on their heads though.

Archived