Chizik Speaks

RunInRed

I am glad everyone is happy about the way Gene Chizik is handling his interview. The man is nothing but class. I am saddened by the way things have turned out for him but it takes nothing away from him as a man, and an Auburn man to be sure. As for his cross state rival, Nick Saban couldn't carry Gene Chizik's jock strap. For all of Saban's success on the football field he can never be the man Gene Chizik is. They are polar opposites. Saban is a perfect fit for the bammers, no morals, no ethics and supported by a fan base that could care less for either one. God bless you Gene Chizik, our university is a better place for you having been here. Semper Fi and WDE!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping they would ask him if he could put a finger on what went wrong with the on field part of the team and what he would do different. that apparently was not the purpose of the interview.

This does not matter now and asking these questions now is pointless. What he was doing today was far, far more important than answering those types of questions.

wde

I am glad everyone is happy about the way Gene Chizik is handling his interview. The man is nothing but class. I am saddened by the way things have turned out for him but it takes nothing away from him as a man, and an Auburn man to be sure. As for his cross state rival, Nick Saban couldn't carry Gene Chizik's jock strap. For all of Saban's success on the football field he can never be the man Gene Chizik is. They are polar opposites. Saban is a perfect fit for the bammers, no morals, no ethics and supported by a fan base that could care less for either one. God bless you Gene Chizik, our university is a better place for you having been here. Semper Fi and WDE!!!!

Well said Slammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think CGC is a fine fellow and all of that too. No stories of leaving a guy on a stage at his high school, expecting an LOI that never arrives. No "processing" players out that have used up their usefulness to you. No lifting of suspensions at half-time when the team is down. etc. etc. etc.

I'm proud of the way he came out swinging and was always proud of the way he represented Auburn during his times here. Today, he could have refused the interview and just kept quiet to avoid violating the terms of his buyout. But with all that said, AU was pretty good to him too. He had a HUGE payday for 4 years of work.

:clap::yes:

Good interview. I hate that Chizik failed like he did because there are some really great traits to him. I have a friend who has an aunt that works in AU's Athletic Department. She had a daughter that got sick about a year or so ago and passed away. He said that Chizik visited her in the hospital, attended her funeral, and PAID OFF her medical debt after she died.

Brilliant !

I would have rather he said, "The NCAA enforcement staff were here for two years and they found nothing because there was nothing to be found".

Any thoughts on Chizik potentially being a candidate for the next AD?

Yess!!! I was just thinking that very thought a few minutes ago. I think he would make a great AD !! Let's see what others have to say. WDE!!!

The AD should be an astute businessman with years of experience managing a multimillion dollar operation. I have liked the option of Scott Etheridge for a while . . .

The AD should be an astute businessman with years of experience managing a multimillion dollar operation. I have liked the option of Scott Etheridge for a while . . .

Sounds like my old job. Hint hint

OUTSTANDING interview!!!! (the podcast link cut out the Darvin part though. Wish I could have heard that)

I like Coach Chiz as a person. That has, and I don't see how it will ever change, never been the issue. I hate Auburn and Coach Chiz are still being drug through the mud. This story has not only had Auburn shoot back over the bow, but with today's JJ release....with facts..... and Coach Chiz interview, we have sunk their battleship.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like my old job. Hint hint

Golf for our next AD!!!!! Who's with me?

Gene Chizik chatting with a room full of beat writers. Why talking? "I want to speak truth. That's as simple as I can make it."

Chizik: 2010 "was a magical season and it should be remembered as just that and nothing more."

Chizik on Cam: "I will jump to that man's defense b/c what (he) went thru and the way he carried himself under nbelievable scrutiny."

Chizik says Auburn's program has been "the most scrutinized and sometimes most villainized program in the country."

Chizik: "The notion that we would pay a player in any shape or form to come to Auburn or stay at Auburn is absurd."

Chizik on spice: It's a performance-debilitating drug, so if half our team is on it (in 2010) how are we the best team in the country?

Chizik: If everybody in journalism was measured by what they did on 12 Saturdays, it'd be really interesting to see what their record would be.

@jzenor

Chizik on Auburn response: "I think they did a really good job of not giving opinion, but backing everything up by fact."

Chizik said it's "unfair" that in the midst of a "magical season people dream about" now has the "elephant in the room ... the asterisk."

Chizik: "I don't want to go into detail about last year, but it was very disappointing for myself and for Auburn."

Chizik asked if AU should have been more patient after 1 bad season: "I can't give my opinion on what they should or shouldn't have done."

Chizik said he got standing ovation after meeting with players on day he was fired, and players lined up outside his office to say goodbye.

Chizik says he wishes "thing would have worked out differently" for players facing armed robbery charges, and those already found guilty.

Chizik said you can't take that situation and "indict an whole university, coaches, players."

Chizik on allegation half team smoked spice: Performance debilitating drug. If half team is on it, how are we performing at title level?

Chizik on past 4 months: "A time of reflection. I'm not one to dwell on past, but naturally you reflect." Says it's a lot of family time.

GC asked if preference is to be HC or asst: "When we feel like right opportunity presents itself, whatever that might be, we'll pursue it."

Chizik said it's "personal preference" why he will not seek legal action against ESPN or Selena Roberts.

@AUBlog

Chizik says he's proud of what Auburn accomplished over his first three years at Auburn, particularly the national championship.

Chizik says he's been doing some consulting with teams, particularly on a defensive basis.

Chizik: "I think it's the responsibility of any news agency. ... to do your work before you put out your product."

@JoelAEricksonAU

Chizik says he is very appreciative of his opportunity to be the coach at Auburn

@ITATJason

Former AU coach Chizik: "It was really good Auburn came out today and was able to refute a lot of the allegations that were made. "

Former coach Gene Chizik says he's "appreciative" of his time at Auburn. On his dismissal: "I'm a big boy. And I understand the business."

@AUGoldMine

Chizik: "The truth now is as big as the allegations in the beginning."

Chizik: "There's a lot of familes, there's a lot of children, a lot of people affected by things that come out that are unsubstantiated."

Chizik says he is not pursing legal action against Selena Roberts

Chizik: "I knew that there was nothing in there that we did wrong."

Chizik: "I'm in uncharted waters and uncharted territory. I'm not bitter."

Chizik on if there's any truth to allegation of being against black players with tattoos and dreadlocks: "Absolutely not."

Chizik on if he's ever influenced a police investigation as a coach: "Absolutely not."

Chizik on allegation of Auburn influencing police:"That's never been done by any coach here including myself."

Chizik: "I'm not going to point the finger at anybody. I'm going to address any false and unsubstantitated allegations."

Chizik: "I don't need to take people to court. I'm here for truth."

@JamesCrapea

761292202.jpg

Chizik: "Unfortunately the way the world works, the initial story gets all of the coverage and whatever the followup" doesn't get as much.

Chizik: "If you don't know how the NCAA works, they're very thorough in their investigations. They're very thorough in their investigations"

Chizik: "We didn't do anything wrong. We signed a good football player who became a Heisman Trophy winner and we won 14 games."

Chizik: "It is draining. And, again, the reason it's draining is because you try to figure out exactly why there's so much scrutiny."

Chizik: "People have been very positive. Again, this is a great community and that's why we chose to stay" in Auburn.

@bmarcello

Again, Gene Chizik gets the most passionate when talking about 2010 season. He's been sitting on this for two years. Frustrations coming out

@Szvetitz

Chizik on 2010: "It's difficult for the Auburn people...we didn't do anything wrong..bunch of guys that worked their butt off to win a NC."

Chizik: "I'll name them. Miami, Ohio State, North Carolina, Oregon, USC. How can they come into Auburn and find nothing?"

Chizik: "I'm doing this because it's the right thing to say. I want to clear up accusations that are false."

@JHokanson

Ask Chizik if anything in the ESPN/Roopstigo reports are accurate, and he uses words like "absurd". Takes allegations very personally.

Chizik: "It's not about me looking for a new job. That's got nothing to do with it. It's important the truth is brought to the forefront."

@wareagleextra

Very good interview, glad I listened to it. Much respect for Gene Chizik.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Lord, I love this man! I would almost leave my husband for him... almost! He really is a man with great character and integrity. He lost control of the team, but we don't know what kind of undercurrent was swirling around the team last year. God will bless this man beyond just financial means. I wish him all the best and am proud to have had him as our coach. I said that when they fired him and I say that now...

Yess!!! I was just thinking that very thought a few minutes ago. I think he would make a great AD !! Let's see what others have to say. WDE!!!

The thought crossed my mind, and he always represented Auburn very well.

The thought crossed my mind, and he always represented Auburn very well.

I was thinking the same thing guys! War Eagle Chiz!!!

Archived