***2013 A-Day Thread***

RunInRed

CAP and Tre are done for the day. Nothing else they need to show. QB's still need to show they can hit the short passes....and that the WRs can keep the DBs off the receivers. DB play looks pretty good to me.... :dunno:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st quarter observations.....

KF will not be our starting QB IMO. (it's only one quarter....but he has some serious accuracy issues)

JW has looked good....but made a bad decision and threw a pick.

Tackling has been solid.

CAP is the real deal.

Using a spring game as a judgement on a players performance isn't at all a fair assessment. Never forget, most here thought Newton looked awful in his only spring game too..

Difference is we've seen what KF can do in games so there is something to compare vs. Cam. KF doesn't look like he has improved on much at all. He is still missing simple screen passes. Sorry...i like KF but he clearly is missing that "it" factor to be a starting QB of this team.

Frazier is Burns 2.0. Maybe he can change positions like Kodi did.

Agree. I think he would make a good Burns 2.0 b/c he's not cutting it at QB. NM & JJ need to be ready to compete with JW.

Where Corey Grant?

Yeah... Where is Cory Grant??

We've heard nothing but good things about him this spring. I haven't read anything about him being hurt... What's the deal???

Sick

For real?

A guy on another board talked to Corey and he has had a 103 temp. for a couple of days.

What game are you guys watching? JW is just as much, if not more inaccurate than Frazier. Hate to say it but we may be hoping JJ turns out to be a freshman phenom.

CAP and Tre are done for the day. Nothing else they need to show. QB's still need to show they can hit the short passes....and that the WRs can keep the DBs off the receivers. DB play looks pretty good to me.... :dunno:

I agree 64. We need some more WR's to step up. That position has not been very impressive, as a whole, IMO.

What game are you guys watching? JW is just as much, if not more inaccurate than Frazier. Hate to say it but we may be hoping JJ turns out to be a freshman phenom.

We have been watching two very different games. Wallace has not been accurate on every throw, but we can win a lot of games with him IMO.

1st quarter observations.....

KF will not be our starting QB IMO. (it's only one quarter....but he has some serious accuracy issues)

JW has looked good....but made a bad decision and threw a pick.

Tackling has been solid.

CAP is the real deal.

Agree 100%. Hope NM and JJ are ready to compete with JW.

CAP is gonna be a star. JW really got comfortable after a slow start, and I like what I see from him. He's a pretty accurate passer, and he can run. The receivers need to step up.

I worry that KF has been completely screwed up by all the upheaval he has endured. I hope he can shake it off and have a better college career than he's had so far.

Wr's def. need to step it up and make some tough catches. I like Denson and I think Ray will be a good one too. I'd would like to see them get CJ involved more b/c he is could be a big mismatch for teams. The TEs may have to play a bigger role if the WR's do not step up. CJ and Fluse have outplayed the WRs in spring practice.

I agree... I haven't seen anything that makes me feel comfortable about the QB situation. These guys have to get a lot better. JJ and NM must be licking their chops!

I expect JJ to start, if he gets the playbook down.

crowd of 83K...AU people are hungry for success.

I think they are mostly there for the Toomer's celebration.

:bs:/>

Allow me to amend that. I think the biggest boost to the attendance is because of Toomer's. Itf that wasn't happening, it would more likely be a typical spring game crowd.

Obviously there were some nervous yet anxious young men out there. Both QB's inconsistent but seem to have settled down. Some nice plays on both sides of the ball. IT IS ALSO OBVIOUS THAT THE D WILL HAVE TO HELP US WIN EARLY ON UNTIL THE OFFENSE CATCHES UP.

They both are inaccurate...no secret but JW has outplayed KF. I don't hate to say it about JJ b/c I'm hoping he does get the job. The best QB is the best QB. I don't care if he is a Freshman. Guys are becoming more and more prepaired to play earlier in college football. I don't look at it as a bad think if JJ becomes the starter. True it means we don't have that great of guys behind him but I don't think it would be bad if JW or NM backs him up.

Well it's over. It was fun watching Auburn football again. Lots and lots of work left to do. Our staff will get them ready. War Eagle!

We have been watching two very different games. Wallace has not been accurate on every throw, but we can win a lot of games with him IMO.

Agree b/c at least he will use his feet to make plays if the throw is not there.

Watching the replay... the only contact was forearm below the shoulder. You could even argue that he pulled back some.

@TheAuburner

Yeah. That is BS. Great GREAT hit and the kid not only got a flag, but ejected. Total horsemanure call. Going to be a lot of that this season....I am afraid.

I have to agree. On replay it looked like a clean hit to me.

Definitely saw improvement in a lot of areas but i must say i'm really banking on Nick Marshall

+1

NM or JJ

Yep...that looks like who the competition will be between. Hope NM & JJ are ready!

Neither of the 2 scholarship QBs looked like world beaters today but if its going to be one of them...definitely Wallace but, to be honest, I'm hoping Marshall lives up to the hype.

Neither of the 2 scholarship QBs looked like world beaters today but if its going to be one of them...definitely Wallace but, to be honest, I'm hoping Marshall lives up to the hype.

:thumbsup:

IMHO.....JJ may get a red shirt and the QB1 battle will be between NM and JW. I think JW could be a servicable QB if the OL play improves. I am actually more concerned about the receivers.

Archived