***2013 A-Day Thread***

RunInRed

To be honest...

Neither QB has looked that good... I think this race is still gonna be wide open going into the fall.

May the best man win, but I'm not so sure we can win in the SEC with either of these guys right now... gotta get a lot better.

Haven't seen a play, but have read practice reports on message boards and talked to folks that have been to practices. We are not going to see good QB play from the QB's suited up today. Our hopes are all on the two that are coming in this summer.

wde

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And scrimmages are helpful and conclusions can certainly be drawn from them. No, I don't think this is how AU will look in the fall, but it's an indication of how quickly they are picking up the new offense and defense.

You mean the new offense that isn't even fully implemented, or showing off the defense that cant hit the QB?

The only scrimmages that are "conclusive" are ones run in the Fall, when both sides of the ball are in place, and they are running full contact.

Alright we get it. Keep the updates coming from for a fellow Auburn fan in Arkansas.

And scrimmages are helpful and conclusions can certainly be drawn from them. No, I don't think this is how AU will look in the fall, but it's an indication of how quickly they are picking up the new offense and defense.

You mean the new offense that isn't even fully implemented, or showing off the defense that cant hit the QB?

The only scrimmages that are "conclusive" are ones run in the Fall, when both sides of the ball are in place, and they are running full contact.

Ok, you're right. This is a complete waste of time. Probably should just have them in the weight room or something.

OMG...just about threw up...heard the reporterette for CSS talking about the poisoning of the oaks and noting the that it had brought "unity " to Auburn and Alabama. She must be from New York. Updyke is still a hero to far too many bammers ....and I've seen little unity.

Tossing in a war eagle from overseas. All quiet in Budapest.

Enjoying the recaps from this board. Have a great day everyone.

To be honest...

Neither QB has looked that good... I think this race is still gonna be wide open going into the fall.

May the best man win, but I'm not so sure we can win in the SEC with either of these guys right now... gotta get a lot better.

Haven't seen a play, but have read practice reports on message boards and talked to folks that have been to practices. We are not going to see good QB play from the QB's suited up today. Our hopes are all on the two that are coming in this summer.

wde

That appears sad but true!

JW with TD pass....open receiver in end zone...had couple nice passes on the drive. Good protection and plenty of time to throw...although the rush is shying off of hitting the QB.

That was really a sack but they didn't call it.

A concession worker told me Jordan-Hare Stadium has ran out of hamburgers, hot dogs and popcorn. Only soft drinks and candy remaining.

@wareagleextra

Hurry, somebody run to the grocery store. We could make a bundle.

Spring games don't tell us much but it's good to see the offenses having some success...if I remember last year even in the spring game the offenses looked bad...which in that case turned out to be prophetic. IMO the scores don't mean much but CAP looks good, Tre looks likes he can play and some good individual defensive plays. Under these conditions with almost no defensive pressure on them, the QBs should almost never miss a pass. As noted, half of a spring game usually doesn't tell us much but I bet Gus can't wait to see the rest of his QBs show up. OK...let's get the second half under way.

To be honest...

wde

That appears sad but true!

I agree. Frazier looks like the old Frazier. IMHO, Wallace looks better than Frazier but still has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG way to go. Hoping the guys coming in this fall are much better than what we have now.

WDE!!!

For any that are without cable (CSS)

and blacked out by ESPN3 (e.g., T'loosa)

and unable to attend in person (like me)

streaming radio coverage at http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.net/v5/WKKRFM

Not letting the QBs be tackled so guess we won't see many options today. KF "sacked" by a touch several series ago.

Flashback all over again. Ugh.

1st quarter observations.....

KF will not be our starting QB IMO. (it's only one quarter....but he has some serious accuracy issues)

JW has looked good....but made a bad decision and threw a pick.

Tackling has been solid.

CAP is the real deal.

Agree 100%. Hope NM and JJ are ready to compete with JW.

OMG...just about threw up...heard the reporterette for CSS talking about the poisoning of the oaks and noting the that it had brought "unity " to Auburn and Alabama. She must be from New York. Updyke is still a hero to far too many bammers ....and I've seen little unity.

I saw that too and it is nauseating.

There's absolutely no unity. If anything.....I hate the bammers even more because most of them have embraced ol' harvey, and they're happy he did it. I wish they'd just stay away from Auburn. There's no way that silly woman in her bammer gear can ever understand Toomer's. And that idiotic reporter has no clue either.

Hit didn't look illegal in the replay...hit him high on the shoulder pads....no helmet or head contact. The pass hung the receiver out to dry...and of course the WR missed his block.

Archived