***2013 A-Day Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there's one thing I have learned about spring games over the years, it's that YOU CAN DRAW ZERO CONCLUSIONS FROM IT. ZERO.

CAP ripping off the runs...most behind Prosch

Tre comes in and finishes the drive with a short TD...JW did a nice job leading the drive...hitting a couple short passes along the way.

Now it's Tre Mason into the end zone. First-team offense is having a field day, up 35-14 heading with 3:24 left before the half

@JoelAEricksonAU

Justin Garrett. Cameron Artis-Payne. Brandon Fulse. Trovon Reed. Kiehl Frazier. Dimitri Reese. Tre Mason. A 7-way tie for most TDs so far.

@wareagleextra

If there's one thing I have learned about spring games over the years, it's that YOU CAN DRAW ZERO CONCLUSIONS FROM IT. ZERO.

If that were true coaches wouldn't have them.

Its a chance to make some money and draw crowd interest in a down period. Apart from that it is just a glorified scrimmage after a small amount of practice. What you see here is completely over-analyzed, and will mean little once Fall camp starts.

Its a chance to make some money and draw crowd interest in a down period. Apart from that it is just a glorified scrimmage after a small amount of practice. What you see here is completely over-analyzed, and will mean little once Fall camp starts.

Agree, but happy for the city of Auburn as it is estimated they will take-in $3 Million!

And scrimmages are helpful and conclusions can certainly be drawn from them. No, I don't think this is how AU will look in the fall, but it's an indication of how quickly they are picking up the new offense and defense.

That's not entirely true. It is a chance to get valuable film footage in front of a crowd under real game situations.

To be honest...

Neither QB has looked that good... I think this race is still gonna be wide open going into the fall.

May the best man win, but I'm not so sure we can win in the SEC with either of these guys right now... gotta get a lot better.

Thanks for all of the pics RIR. Can't watch or be there so you are bringing it home to those of us that can't be there. Very nice crowd. The oaks deserve it and I hope the team realizes the support they can have if they put in the effort both on and off of the field to represent AU the way it should be represented.

wde

Cameron Artis-Payne and Justin Garrett living up to spring hype. Jonathan Wallace has looked fairly sharp.

@JHokanson

Orange leads Blue 35-14 at halftime. Unofficially, Jonathan Wallace 10-for-13 passing for 112 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT.

@bmarcelo

Cameron Artis-Payne rushes for 98 yards on 13 carries in first half of Auburn's A-Day Game

@AUGoldMine

1. I hope JJ and Mrashall are ready!

2. CAP looks good.

3. Johnson will make Garrett a household name. He's found his place.

4. Not alot of missed tackles. I like.

And scrimmages are helpful and conclusions can certainly be drawn from them. No, I don't think this is how AU will look in the fall, but it's an indication of how quickly they are picking up the new offense and defense.

You mean the new offense that isn't even fully implemented, or showing off the defense that cant hit the QB?

The only scrimmages that are "conclusive" are ones run in the Fall, when both sides of the ball are in place, and they are running full contact.

Archived