***2013 A-Day Thread***

RunInRed

Just watched the game again... Boy, Trovon Reed needs to get a better pair of hands. Any guesses on who will be our starting WRs come fall?

I remember two drops. Both did hit him in the hands so they should have been caught no doubt, but let's be fair. One was a screen that is supposed to hit you in the numbers and he had to sky for it. If he had caught it, he would have been lit up Mincy style. The second that I remember was an over-the-shoulder grab that he jumped for in double coverage. I thought he did a lot of work just to get into position to make the grab, just didn't finish it off. There may have been more that I'm forgetting, and when a ball hits your hand there is no right result other than a catch, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He also caught a screen that was well thrown and made Jones WIFF on his way to a nice gain, and he scored a TD. Mixed bag for me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the people who were at A-Day did they have any sort of hype/intro video?

Ummmm yes I think I remember one. It was one of those powerful orchestral intros. Pretty sweet IMO. Regardless of musical tastes, I think that the right booming piece like that will get your blood moving.

Ummmm yes I think I remember one. It was one of those powerful orchestral intros. Pretty sweet IMO. Regardless of musical tastes, I think that the right booming piece like that will get your blood moving.

Thanks for the info I love a good intro video and ill keep lobbying for the return of "all I do is win " haha

Thanks for the info I love a good intro video and ill keep lobbying for the return of "all I do is win " haha

Here ya go!

I just watched the first 15 minutes on youtube. How anyone can say that the QB's looked good is beyond me. The first team offense, led by Frazier, was going against the 2nd team D, and they could not get a first down. Three series in the first quarter, 0 first downs? Many of Frazier's passes were too high, wide, or off by a good bit. Then came the bobbled handoff to CAP when he was moved to the 2nd string O. He still has the slowest throwing motion I have ever seen. I was very disappointed. Then there was Wallace, going up against the 1st team D. He misjudged the first snap leading to a TD for the defense. I will hand it to him though - he did move the offense, scoring a few times. But then there was a terrible INT (jump pass if I recall).

I know that this is a spring game and they have only had a few weeks to practice... but they are what they are and they are not going to change.

I thought Garrett looked good and CAP looked good. I thought the tackling was better. I am excited about the TEs, Louis, Denson, etc. We just need someone to get them the ball.

I was hoping to see more from Kris and Cass.

Ben Tate and Carl Lawson...

934097_10200837040986277_654479450_n.jpg

Via Jason Caldwell

Which one is the high school recruit and which one is in the NFL?

Via Jason Caldwell

I thought the same thing. Dude doesn't spend much time on the couch.

Via Jason Caldwell

If Ben Tate were wearing a shrink wrap Nike shirt too he would be just as big if not bigger than Mr. Lawson. I ain't taking nothing away from Carl but Tate is probably bigger # for #.

Via Jason Caldwell

If Ben Tate were wearing a shrink wrap Nike shirt too he would be just as big if not bigger than Mr. Lawson. I ain't taking nothing away from Carl but Tate is probably bigger # for #.

Then again, Ben Tate has had years of weight training and conditioning in college and the NFL that Carl has not, so the fact that Carl is not only taller but (looking at the picture, I know that Ben was wearing a baggy shirt) also looks like he's in better shape is very impressive to me.

Also, Why is he wearing Nike?!?

He is wearing Nike most likely because he bought the shirt himself. Since the shirt is plain black, with no logo's, I would assume the Lawson's paid for it.

I haven't even gotten a warning in like 4 months Golf...Sooo, you been around quite a bit lately, they suspend you from the daily bridge tournament there at Elderly Acres or is TBS not having another Matlock marathon this week?

I haven't even gotten a warning in like 4 months Golf...Sooo, you been around quite a bit lately, they suspend you from the daily bridge tournament there at Elderly Acres or is TBS not having another Matlock marathon this week?

Golf, you gonna take that stuff??? :Sing:

Archived