***2013 A-Day Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see much today. Hope they don't look that bad when the season rolls around. That team wont win any SEC games either.

Oh shut up you miserable wet rag. But thanks for sharing.

you shutup

Just got home from A-day and the Toomers Party. Had a great time. Was glad to see the excellent turnout. We still have some things to work on, but I noticed that our fundamentals were much improved over last season. I believe that we are a dependable QB away from having a solid team come fall. The tackling was a WORLD better than any time under Chizik. I put a few rolls of TP on the trees and other surrounding objects at Toomers :jossun: Also enjoyed the Legends Tailgate. Got to meet Kenny Irons and Travis Williams there.

I didn't see much today. Hope they don't look that bad when the season rolls around. That team wont win any SEC games either.

you shutup

Golf, The Blues Brothers are fighting, haw.

you shutup

Golf, The Blues Brothers are fighting, haw.

just trying to lighten the mood....................

Those overhead pics are breathtaking. Being in the middle of that mass was crazy, but to see the pics now just amaze me. We a wonderful but bittersweet day.

Wow... This day was simply amazing!A memory that me, and my 4&5 year old girls will have forever. Just got back to Charlotte so I will have yo post pics and videos in the morning. War Eagle! It's GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger!

To be honest...

Neither QB has looked that good... I think this race is still gonna be wide open going into the fall.

May the best man win, but I'm not so sure we can win in the SEC with either of these guys right now... gotta get a lot better.

Haven't seen a play, but have read practice reports on message boards and talked to folks that have been to practices. We are not going to see good QB play from the QB's suited up today. Our hopes are all on the two that are coming in this summer.

wde

That appears sad but true!

The sad but true part is that you agree with a guy who gets his info from internet message boards and "folks that have been to practices". Do you know how clueless you sound?

OK, what information do you have that is different from mine and how did you get your information? Since you obviously disagree with my information/opinion, please tell us all what the accurate story is regarding our QB situation based on what YOU know to be the "truth".

wde

Just got home this morning. I had made a deal with my daughter. She goes to the A-Day game with me. I would go the Auburn softball game with her. We had a great time at Toomer's, the game and the new basketball arena was also open to see. The oaks look worse in person then on camera. What a sad little man did can never be forgiven.

The good things:

1. Corner back play is improved

2, We are really deep on the O-line and being as young as they are. We will only be better!

3. The best thing about Garre'ts play to me was covering the quick out passes. Last year we were either out-numbered when the opposition threw this pass or late getting there. That looks to be corrected with him as a hybrid.

4. DT's Nobody outstanding but we are deep here for the first time in a long time. Blackson and Wright could be special if the lights go off. Bradley is more then capable. He needs a little more time to get into SEC shape. I like Carter on the outside against power teams. Looks quick enough to get that done.

5. RB's looked good. Even the walk-on looked like a hard runner. Two good ones coming in and Grant was sick.

Things that worry me now:

1. QB and WR play. Although the wideouts are blocking better.

2. My biggest concern on the defense is the safety play and lack of depth there. I am afraid we will be beat deep and often against a good passing team.

3. I think both coming incoming DE's will get a chance to play. Really saw no outside pass rush today.

It looked to me Gus and his staff have everything going the right direction.

By the way, Tre Mason is not as tall as we have him listed. My 14 year daughter is 5" 9" and she is taller then him. LOL!

The 135th "rolls" their T55 tank at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait:

"Since we couldn't be 'home' for the big event... we did the next best thing, we rolled a tank!"

554195_556624814360940_344220410_n.jpg

Thank you for your service. Stay safe and War Eagle!

The 135th "rolls" their T55 tank at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait:

"Since we couldn't be 'home' for the big event... we did the next best thing, we rolled a tank!"

554195_556624814360940_344220410_n.jpg

Thank you for your service. Stay safe and War Eagle!

WAR EAGLE!! This is too cool. Thanks to all of the Auburn Men and Women serving our Country. For that matter, thanks to every Man and Woman serving our Country!! God be with you all.

Archived