***2013 A-Day Thread***

RunInRed

The QB situation we're in right now, reminds me a lot of 2008... w/ Kodi and Chris Todd. Kodi wasn't playing very well, and Chris Todd was hurt.

Now we have Kiehl and Wallace... Neither is very good right now. And you're never in a good situation if you are left to play with the better of two bads... you know, the "he's all we've got" situation.

That's what happend in 2008, and we all know how that turned out...

My only hope is that Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson can report ahead of the learning curve... So we can have a true QB competition. Because, all things even, neither of the two QB's that played today would be very hard to beat out... unfortunately.

My $.02 ... WDE

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my two cents about the game:

There was a lot of inconsistency in the offense, and you'd expect that from a team that struggled so much offensively last year. Having said that, I am very optimistic about the defense. Tackling at times was absolutely superb, and no one really broke away from the defense. The secondary looked great too. We're in good hands under CEJ. I think Gus will clean up the offense, and I have a feeling Nick Marshall will come in and be the starter at QB.

A-Day MVPs: Justin Garrett (3 tak, 1 fum rec TD), Cameron Artis-Payne (18 car 117 yds TD, 2 rec 47 yds), Ryan White (2 FG holdst)

@AUAuthority

Called it

You called Mr. White?

I'm truly impressed

Just my two cents about the game:

There was a lot of inconsistency in the offense, and you'd expect that from a team that struggled so much offensively last year. Having said that, I am very optimistic about the defense. Tackling at times was absolutely superb, and no one really broke away from the defense. The secondary looked great too. We're in good hands under CEJ. I think Gus will clean up the offense, and I have a feeling Nick Marshall will come in and be the starter at QB.

+1

There were long runs, but done with blocking and fast play. Defense looked much much better with their technique.

CAP's a beast and Mason wasn't too shabby. . .

1)Love the Mincy hit

2) CAP will be awesome w/TM

3)Coates and Louis are still my top 2 WR's when the ball is thrown well

4)Uzomah will be a beast if utilized correctly

5)I always want more prosch

6)If no reporter asked CGM how he felt about the mincy hit they fail as a journalist

7)We need better QB play if we want to win more than 5 games whether it is KF JW NM or JJ doesn't matter someone needs to step up and be consistent and fill the Jason Campbell role. We're not asking the QB to make huge plays in win the game just complete 5 yard passes without making the WR have to stretch out

8)QB's were putting WR's in positions to get hurt

9)I liked the D-Line and the O-line play

10) CBs arent 20 yards off the receivers!!

11)Codey Parkey has us nervous

12)I love my Auburn family 83k is amazing

Gus's rep is he develops QBs.

His work appears to be clear.

WDE

Radio feed I had

commentators frequently noted the number of "teachable moments" that would be available on film

I think we will be just fine if Wallace starts. I have read many speak of NM, but I am looking forward to JJ myself.

WR play is my main concern after watching the game. We don't have three WR's, with consistent hands, from what I saw. CAP may have the best hands on the team.

CAP looked good, he is going to be productive . I might be the only one, but I am sad to say I think I am close to giving up on Reed. I was always pulling for him as he had such a tough time coming here from HS and then the injury, but I feel he will fall down the depth chart once the season starts. The coaches either have not yet or wanted to get him some confidence, but it backfired. Tho to give credit where it's due, our DBS played pretty well. Hope I'm wrong. B

I am just glad we got a much needed win!

HAHA!!! :laugh:

Me too.

We don't have a QB that any opposing team is afraid of whatsoever. One of the newcomers is going to have step up this summer, or either KF or JW take a MAJOR step forward in fall camp. If the QB situation doesn't get better, we are looking at a 500 season at best. I'm also a little worried about the WR group, we need some threats to emerge to keep D's honest.

On a positive note, I think the D will be improved, especially the LB's and DB's. I think some newcomers could make a difference on that side of the ball. Peyton Barber could help on O.

Exactly! It would be terrible to go into the off season summer workouts with that loss still on the brain... ;)

Exactly! It would be terrible to go into the off season summer workouts with that loss still on the brain... ;)

but didn't Auburn lose the game??

My observations from A-Day:

1.) JW outplayed KF even though neither were that great. I hope NM & JJ are ready to compete with JW. I'm hoping for JJ to get the job. I think NM will be a good ATH QB but if NM's accuracy is not better than KF or JW...then it will be JJ's job.

2.) The WR's need to STEP UP! I like Denson and Coates and I think Ray will be a serviceable possession WR. I would've like to have seen more of CJ and Fulse. The TE's may have to play a larger role if the WR's don't step up.

3.) I liked our CB play

4.) O line did a nice job

5.) CAP is a BEAST!

6.) Looks like we are going to be "ground and pound" until a QB develops. We will have 3 good RBs to help out whoever the QB will be. Wish Corey Grant could've played.

7.) Carl Lawson will have a great chance to get some PT..saw no good pressure on the QB from the DL

8.) Was Parkey sleep? lol. Maybe he was just bored. Ha ha

9.) Tackling looked much improved overall

10.) The Auburn family is STRONG 83K! WarD@mnEagle!!!!!!!!!

all the above plus

1) Reed dropped 3, caught long ball

2) Frasier slow to decide and telegraphing, had 2 good runs.

3) Lyman played as the 3rd back

4) Shakespeare was stopped at LOS

5) Parkey missed 2 FG's. Maybe lose the gold shoes

6) Mincy's hit was clean

7) Did I say CAP's a beast

8) I heard 84740 attendance

Yep...i said CAP was a BEAST! lol. Seems like Shakespeare has been at Auburn forever! lol. Yea...Parkey may need to lose the shoes...go with the Auburn blue; hoping he was just bored or it was just an off day. He doesn't have many though.

The QB situation we're in right now, reminds me a lot of 2008... w/ Kodi and Chris Todd. Kodi wasn't playing very well, and Chris Todd was hurt.

Now we have Kiehl and Wallace... Neither is very good right now. And you're never in a good situation if you are left to play with the better of two bads... you know, the "he's all we've got" situation.

That's what happend in 2008, and we all know how that turned out...

My only hope is that Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson can report ahead of the learning curve... So we can have a true QB competition. Because, all things even, neither of the two QB's that played today would be very hard to beat out... unfortunately.

My $.02 ... WDE

+1.

What can you say but.....It's great to be an Auburn Tiger ! :bananadance:

Typical bammer reaction: "what's the big deal ..it was just a couple of trees"

Typical bammer reaction: "what's the big deal ..it was just a couple of trees"

No disrespect 64 but I could give a rats ass what a turd fan reaction is.

Archived