why does auburn not ever try to play ga tech?

aubiefifty

We played them back in 2005 at home and lost...... First game of the year.

I see no purpose in playing them anymore. Just another SEC want-to-be ACC school.

It was the second game... after we got beat up and down the field by USCw.

Yep. Terrible game to watch..frick Reggie Ball

Not to be nit-picky or anything. but the game against GA Tech that followed the USCw beatdown was in 2003. That game was played in Atlanta and we lost 17-3. They proceeded to tear down the goal posts.

The 2005 game in JHS was the season opener. Lost that one 23-14 and Brandon Cox threw 4 picks in his first start. Also, Calvin Johnson made a great TD catch that night.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ga. Tech is an old and arrogant opponent.

At one time they had the superior position and were able to dictate we played them in Atlanta each year.

Later, we were able to get the game moved to B'ham on an alternating basis. They came kicking and scratching to JH later for our home game in the series.

When they left SEC they had good reasons and I do not hold that against them at all.

They cancelled our annual rivalry, then the second oldest in the South because they were not competitive anymore.

Unless they and we were willing to continuing that game for say twenty consecutive years, I see no reason to renew with them.

JMHO.

^^This^^ to a point but there is a lot more I could add and have in pass GT threads. To old and tired to repeat.

Just to make sure I'm clear I could care less what the hell GT ever does those pompous arrogant asses

At one time they had the superior position and were able to dictate we played them in Atlanta each year.

Later, we were able to get the game moved to B'ham on an alternating basis. They came kicking and scratching to JH later for our home game in the series.

When they left SEC they had good reasons and I do not hold that against them at all.

They cancelled our annual rivalry, then the second oldest in the South because they were not competitive anymore.

Unless they and we were willing to continuing that game for say twenty consecutive years, I see no reason to renew with them.

JMHO.

^^This^^ to a point but there is a lot more I could add and have in pass GT threads. To old and tired to repeat.

Just to make sure I'm clear I could care less what the hell GT ever does those pompous arrogant asses

Just tell the truth, you're mad that you slept in while everyone else was out greasing the train tracks and you've never gotten over it.

JMHO.

Just tell the truth, you're mad that you slept in while everyone else was out greasing the train tracks and you've never gotten over it.

Great zinger gAUlf !!!! I tried to wake him up but he was too drunk. :laugh:

Unless something has changed, we've got a home and away series scheduled again with them in 2017-2018:

2017 - @Bobby Dodd Stadium

2018 - @Jordan-Hare Stadium

Unless something has changed, we've got a home and away series scheduled again with them in 2017-2018:

2017 - @Bobby Dodd Stadium

2018 - @Jordan-Hare Stadium

That's good to know Red because my bro-in-law is one of those obnoxious tech fans. In 2003 we watched it together and he was unmerciful with his BS. You'd have to know him to get the full impact. Reggie Ball made us look like idiots. The next game was 2005 and I invited him to the house to watch it again but the coward didn't show up because he thought we would knock their lights out but as we know it didn't happen. He missed a great opportunity and I remind him of it all the time. Actually we have a great time together, epsecially playing golf but he can be brutal if he has an audience. We are not spring chickens and I just hope we are both around then as we are both in our 70s. I just want get even with the SOB. It doesn' matter how old you are some things never change. WDE!!!!!! :laugh:

JMHO.

Great zinger gAUlf !!!! I tried to wake him up but he was too drunk. :laugh:

Really now Slammer..................that hurt my feelings :cheers::cry3:

Bobby Dodd is a frickin prick

I hope and pray we never play the bastards

What happened golf ? Did the Phi Mu float fall on you or did someone steal your lollipop ?

Well I was dating a Phi Mu at the time from Winter Haven,Fl.

What happened golf ? Did the Phi Mu float fall on you or did someone steal your lollipop ?

Is she still alive?

Is she still alive?

Yep

Is she still alive?

Yep

and???

Funny, the sec is supposedly better and tougher than the other leagues but we have people who pull for sec teams that are afraid to play teams in other leagues.. Then how can we be so big and tough?

Is she still alive?

Yep

and???

:kiss3:

Is she still alive?

Yep

and???

awwwwww, warms my heart :yes:

Is she still alive?

Yep

and???

awwwwww, warms my heart :yes:

I love a happy ending. You and I have talked about this before, they were the quessns of the campus for sure

The last 2 times we played Georgia Tech, they beat us. That being said though, I'd still like to see us schedule more games wih them.

Funny, the sec is supposedly better and tougher than the other leagues but we have people who pull for sec teams that are afraid to play teams in other leagues.. Then how can we be so big and tough?

Careful. A winner's mentality will get you flamed around here by some.

Careful. A winner's mentality will get you flamed around here by some.

Just sayin' bring em on.. Don't care what league/team.. we have no way to go but up after last year.. This Auburn Team should have a chip on it's shoulder and something to prove.. Nothing will toughen a team up quicker than putting it in a major dog fight at the start. Or should we do like Bammer and play eight easy game and 3 semi-difficult games and call ourselves champions.

Prior to the last 2 more recent games, Tech was like 0 - 10 vs Auburn. Now folks are scared to play an average at best ACC team ?

Sad.

Archived