why does auburn not ever try to play ga tech?

aubiefifty

they used to be a huge rival and i can still remember some of the wreck tech parades. i remember turning my head to watch a football player dressed up like a woman walk by and while i was distracted a dang tuba player snuck up and blasted his tuba in my ear. talk about dang near dotting your britches. anywa how much fun would it be to see new wreck tech parades and all that went on with it? man we fought some super hard games with them boys. i remember one of those games rocker became an aubuirn legend! anyone got any thoughts?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GT VT games are always crazy, I really wish AU played them every once and a while at least. Could make for a crazy bowl game?

I definitely wouldn't mind because clearly it's a good "fit" for both schools, but there are a lot of other out of conference teams I'd like to play from time to time as well. Although I completely agree with and understand the reasoning for our out of conference scheduling, I do admit I get tired of playing the Washington State's and Arky States of the world 3-4 times a year.

We played them back in 2005 at home and lost...... First game of the year.

I see no purpose in playing them anymore. Just another SEC want-to-be ACC school.

I hope and pray we never play the bastards

why do you say that?

I would love to play GaTech again. They had our number for those 2 season and everyone still remembers. Plus some kid named Calvin Freaking Johnson was on the field.

I would also love it if we could schedule VT, FWIW.

I definitely wouldn't mind because clearly it's a good "fit" for both schools, but there are a lot of other out of conference teams I'd like to play from time to time as well. Although I completely agree with and understand the reasoning for our out of conference scheduling, I do admit I get tired of playing the Washington State's and Arky States of the world 3-4 times a year.

I would be careful talking crap against WaSt. They are not the same team we beat 63-0 in 2004 (I didnt check this but I think I am correct). Leach is in his second season and, honestly, is not a team you want to play game 1 with a coaching change. I look for our first game to be a lot closer than we want to beleive. I still do not beleive we lose the game, but I completely beleive we are going to burn out some bulbs on the scoreboard.

I feel like we have played them a bit. I personally would like to see us have a series with somebody like Oklahoma State, Oregon, or Baylor looking at realistic possibilities, with Oregon being least likely. We never seem to covet BIG time games like that would be.

I would be careful talking crap against WaSt. They are not the same team we beat 63-0 in 2004 (I didnt check this but I think I am correct). Leach is in his second season and, honestly, is not a team you want to play game 1 with a coaching change. I look for our first game to be a lot closer than we want to beleive. I still do not beleive we lose the game, but I completely beleive we are going to burn out some bulbs on the scoreboard.

We have played Washington state only once, in 2006 and won 40 to 14.

I hope and pray we never play the bastards

Didn't their frat boys beat up Aubie and steal is tail?

one thing i want is for auburn to play anyone anytine anywhere{within reason}. i still catch grief from fsu fans saying we were chicken to play them after the bowden stuff. i understand tubs decision not to play them but its still hard to defend us paying them a mil to get out of playing them...........

Ga. Tech is an old and arrogant opponent.

At one time they had the superior position and were able to dictate we played them in Atlanta each year.

Later, we were able to get the game moved to B'ham on an alternating basis. They came kicking and scratching to JH later for our home game in the series.

When they left SEC they had good reasons and I do not hold that against them at all.

They cancelled our annual rivalry, then the second oldest in the South because they were not competitive anymore.

Unless they and we were willing to continuing that game for say twenty consecutive years, I see no reason to renew with them.

JMHO.

one thing i want is for auburn to play anyone anytine anywhere{within reason}. i still catch grief from fsu fans saying we were chicken to play them after the bowden stuff. i understand tubs decision not to play them but its still hard to defend us paying them a mil to get out of playing them...........

Tell them big programs make decisions for their own reasons that sometimes upset their lessor competitors. :nopityA:

I wish AU would play Boise State HERE in Boise just so I could go to the game wearing my AU orange and blue. I don't think it would be a cupcake, not by a long shot, but I would love to go to it while we are living out here. Thinking about going to BSU's spring game this Saturday.....would rather be going to one at Jordan Hare.

I wish AU would play Boise State HERE in Boise just so I could go to the game wearing my AU orange and blue. I don't think it would be a cupcake, not by a long shot, but I would love to go to it while we are living out here. Thinking about going to BSU's spring game this Saturday.....would rather be going to one at Jordan Hare.

but, but wouldn't the blue just disappear in their stadium?

If you attend the spring game, you'll be 1/2 stealth

I see no purpose in playing them anymore. Just another SEC want-to-be ACC school.

It was the second game... after we got beat up and down the field by USCw.

It was the second game... after we got beat up and down the field by USCw.

Yep. Terrible game to watch..frick Reggie Ball

but, but wouldn't the blue just disappear in their stadium?

If you attend the spring game, you'll be 1/2 stealth

LOL very different color blue. Their's reminds me of Florida's orange and blue. Maybe I'll wear my AU Orange and then they will just think I'm one of their own.

Tell them big programs make decisions for their own reasons that sometimes upset their lessor competitors. :nopityA:

Then remind them they were too scared to join a conference with us.

Maybe because GT owns us? We should look into dropping UGA as well.

We were scheduled to play in like 2017 or so, but I guess it got scrapped. Don't recall why.

Winning two games after losing the previous 9 straight does not constitute "owning" us. And those two had the luck of being 2003 and 2005. They missed out on getting creamed by the 2004 team.

Archived