2013 Practice - Day 6

RunInRed

Starting to sound like Marshall may be the QB unless he blows it

Yep. But, according to some on this and other boards, Gus recruited him to be a CB not a QB.

wde

Oh obviously. Pics and one quote about they are both working on accuracy. CGM is obviously hanging our offensive hopes on someone not here and still unqualified. (Not saying he won't) You guys are a quick study!

Of course they need to get better, they were not being coached from what I gather until recently. Marshall very well may start, but how you can conclude what you did from the info available is sketchy at best. In that vain I guess Kozan is the man at LG? Doubtful.

Still unqualified you say? Really? That's interesting since you stated earlier you never post anything you didn't know for sure to be true. Your bromance is making you go against your standards since there is no way that you know that.

He hasn't graduated yet. That I know to be true. If he had already qualified he would be at practice. I think he will be fine. I am really pulling for him to become the All-American at whatever position he plays. My point was that I doubt CGM has all his eggs in that basket and that after less than one week of practice and one quote from Lashlee stating that both needed to work on accuracy, that it would be crazy to say who will start or who won't. All of that is true my friend. Yes, I am biased. I admit it. I have not guaranteed that KF will start nor even play. But to judge his ability based on 2012 is short sided. If Nick is the QB I will pull for him no matter what and I know Kiehl will too. Ask Jonathon Wallace who helped him the most once he was the starter? I'm sure you know the answer. If the walk-on starts he will have my full devotion. I cheered for Mike Dyer even though I had been told of his issues I am still pulling for him and Zeke Pike, Eric Mack, Joel Bonnomlo(?) and anyone who has ever worn our O&B. I hope Mike McNeil gets the help he needs as do the rest. It isn't a bromance dude. I speak to a person who knows Kiehl pretty well. That person is my friend. Forgive me for for pulling for his success. I have never said I hope any player starts over any other. I have defended him against criticism that I feel is undeserved or comes from misinformed sources. I don't plan on stopping even if he never touches a football again. WDE Kiehl, Jonathon & Nick. I hope all are successful.

Fair enough, I can respect that but having seen his performances in 2012 isn't exactly encouraging when a true freshman came in and basically looked better on the job. Neither played at a winning SEC level but the fact is KF got benched for poor play. Unless and until he returns to the line up and redeems himself, folks including myself, don't have a lot of confidence. We'll see. All I want is to see Auburn win. I'm pretty sure the job will not be settled before the fall which leads me to believe they want to see what Marshall can do. I know I do!

Me too!! Like i said b4, nick is going to be a problem for the qb's already at practice.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ellis Johnson said he doesn't know anything about the ESPN reports. "People above my pay grade are handling that."

@wareagleextra

Johnson says Angelo Blackson has been a leader at DT, Gabe Wright and Jeff Whitaker right behind. That's the top 3.

@JHokanson

Sounds like DE Keymiya Harrell is out until the fall.

@JayGTate

(Angelo) Blackson out today.

@AUAuthority

Johnson on D line: "Our first unit is way ahead of our second unit. I don't think we've got 4 tackles, I don't think we've got 4 ends."

At DT, Johnson said he's looking at Blackson (when he returns), and Gabe Wright and Jeff Whitaker are a "toss up" at the other spot.

@AUBlog

Johnson says the defensive line has played the run good as well as the pass. Injury to Keymiya Harrell (knee) hurts depth at end

@ITATJason

Johnson very insistent on depth, says especially in the front seven, Tigers have to be deep.

@JoelAEricksonAU

i think ellis johnson is the 3rd highest paid employee at auburn university. I doubt he was referring to gus or barbee either.

Starting to sound like Marshall may be the QB unless he blows it

Yep. But, according to some on this and other boards, Gus recruited him to be a CB not a QB.

wde

Oh obviously. Pics and one quote about they are both working on accuracy. CGM is obviously hanging our offensive hopes on someone not here and still unqualified. (Not saying he won't) You guys are a quick study!

Of course they need to get better, they were not being coached from what I gather until recently. Marshall very well may start, but how you can conclude what you did from the info available is sketchy at best. In that vain I guess Kozan is the man at LG? Doubtful.

Laughing Way Out Loud. Obviously you are one of those that believes Marshall was recruited as a CB and not a QB. Carry on with YOUR bias. FWIW, I don't care who starts at QB as long as they lead us to TDs and victories on the field. My OPINION is that the 2 QBs we have competing for the position this spring have not shown the capability to do that and I have doubts that they will, but once again, if they improve exponentially and one of them proves to be a quality SEC QB in the fall, I will be extremely happy.

wde

Amazing an opinion can be formulated based on a few practice photos and 5 minute videos. There have been no scrimmages etc...and Marshall had yet to even set foot in campus, has zero SEC QB experience. I do share your opinion that I could care less who starts as long as they help the team win...

I guess we could base our opinions on last year since we do not have enough to base them on this year.............that said, Marshal at another level (but so was his support staff)....seem to me to be way ahead of Frazier and Wallace. I really liked Frazier's potential and yet never saw him show the poise that I expected. I still think he could surprise us all...... Now Wallace is what I want as a leader, student of the game and all the intangibles, but I do not think he has the athletic ability of Marshal.

JJ is the future as long as Malzahn is our coach with his system, but if Marshal clicks he will have to wait until Nick is done.

Archived