Dyer's eligibility...

PigskinPat

This may have already been addressed somewhere else, but can someone with knowledge on the subject help clarify? Dyer was a true freshman in 2010. Did he have enough semester hours to be "eligible" to be considered ineligible? Does anyone know the policy concerning true freshmen?

This may have already been addressed somewhere else, but can someone with knowledge on the subject help clarify? Dyer was a true freshman in 2010. Did he have enough semester hours to be "eligible" to be considered ineligible? Does anyone know the policy concerning true freshmen?

He completed 15 hours between June of 2010 and December of 2010. 6 is the requirement for that period of time.

He completed 15 hours between June of 2010 and December of 2010. 6 is the requirement for that period of time.

So he had 2.5 times the required hours to maintain his eligibility?

So he had 2.5 times the required hours to maintain his eligibility?

Yep. The requirement is based on the Semester timeframe but if a student comes in for the summer they get credit for that time plus the semester. He actually did very well until the title. After that he began to slip a bit but he was on course with the requirements up until his departure.

Why are we are worrying about an average back that is not and will never be an auburn man? I hope washes cars for a living.

Because one of the claims by Selena Roberts is Mike Dyer had a grade changed to make him eligible for the BCS NC game.

Don't let a hack influence you. She only want to sensationalize for site hit.

I"ll never forget him regaining his balance and continuing the run in Az

or the sad end to his AU days .

RD has moved on and so should we.

WD

Why are we are worrying about an average back that is not and will never be an auburn man? I hope washes cars for a living.

I know everyone has different feelings on Dyer, but he was not an average back. BCS NC Offensive Player of the Game as a freshman? Broke Bo Jackson's record? All SEC? 10th all time rusher for Auburn with only two seasons? Huge part of that season. I hope Dyer goes on to the NFL and becomes a franchise back.

We all make mistakes in life....some folks just make bigger ones than others....with MD he went the wrong path early and may not have had a good influence while he was at AU. It looks like he has straightened his life out and learned from his mistakes. I wish the young man well and have no ill will towards him. But one thing - on the Football field he wasn't an average back.

his family says that they are interested in a return to AU.....I hope,if he has his hat on right,that he does come back

Time's a-wastin' on that one. The NCAA gives five years to play four. He'd have to play this season and next to get all four years in. I hope he does turn his life around but I don't think playing more football at Auburn is in his future.

If he passed all 15 hours in summer and fall, there is no way he would be ineligible. And by January's second week in spring semester he would not have had a grade to be changed. If he made Cs in summer for 6 hours and had one C and two Fs in the fall, he would be ineligible for spring. If one of those Fs was changed to a C, then he wold be eligible for spring but would have to pass 12 hours in the spring to be eligible for the following fall unless he went to summer school again. Doesn't mean that is what happened, just a scenario where it could.

By every account, grades were not an issue with Dyer until his entire life started sliding downhill. That was long after the BCS game.

I would welcome Mike back if he has straightened his life out. I am pulling for the young man, even if he never plays another down of football. War Eagle Mike!

his family says that they are interested in a return to AU.....I hope,if he has his hat on right,that he does come back

Well hell, I guess he is interested in playing at a SEC school again - I would be too. He'd get the TV exposure and the noteriety that comes with running the ball in the best conference in the country, he'd be able to showcase his talents for every NFL scout in the buisness. Gus has already given the guy two shots to play for him and he struck out both times. Water under the bridge now. Go Tre Mason!! WDE!!

Well hell, I guess he is interested in playing at a SEC school again - I would be too. He'd get the TV exposure and the noteriety that comes with running the ball in the best conference in the country, he'd be able to showcase his talents for every NFL scout in the buisness. Gus has already given the guy two shots to play for him and he struck out both times. Water under the bridge now. Go Tre Mason!! WDE!!

fify, I and you, would rather MD have fame. MD already has enough notoriety. And yes, if he's repentant and acceptable to the coaches I would welcome him gladly with open arms.

Gustav cleaned house and is trying to remove the bad seeds. This will be a step backwards and be bad for being able to put his foot down if he were admitted back. I like our stable of backs. We have a returning 1000 yard rusher, and if CAP can step up we won't need another back, especially with Grant contributing also.

If Dyer has actually straightened his life out (A year is a really long time to 20-22 year old that has just recently begun living an independent life), I'd more than welcome him back to the team, and I wish him luck in the rest of his life.

I would welcome Mike back if he has straightened his life out. I am pulling for the young man, even if he never plays another down of football. War Eagle Mike!

I would love to see him come back and visit, maybe be the guest letter at a basketball game!

I'd have to take a pass on RD returning.

It is hard to remember all the Dumb *hit I did at that age or the ramifications it had for others. But his were major league

ones for the team and our school.

I would be pleased for him to have gotten his act together and glad if he contributes in life .

Too many people have been burned for him. Remember the Arky State Trooper who gave him a pass and lost his job ?

All AU people should wish the best for Dyer, but he caused some major league problems

that do not ever need to be revisited.

I wish him all the best, and if he wants to consider himself family, fine by me. But, he does not need to play for us again.

Archived