2013 Spring Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

I don't understand the beanies that some players will put on over their helmets. The other day, on a video, I heard CEJ saying "put on your beanies". Some put on yellow and some put on orange. What is the reasoning behind this?

The green jerseys during the punt drill looked like they were use to differentiate between the receiving team and the kicking team.

The green jerseys during the punt drill looked like they were use to differentiate between the receiving team and the kicking team.

Green were the scout teamers. They used them as dummies (I use that in the fondest terms) working the special team.

Green were the scout teamers. They used them as dummies (I use that in the fondest terms) working the special team.

They were being used to denote those of which the no contact rule applies. You do not want to risk having a player injured in practice, especially during punt return drills, as the punt returners are more vulnerable by a factor of 10 compared to every other position on the field at any other time.

Archived