2013 Spring Practice - Day 4

RunInRed

Is there any possibility of the non-scholarship QBs stepping up at all, or with the incoming in the fall are they more or less just there for practice fodder?

Video - So, Jay Prosch - we know the guy is physical. But, he says 'you can disregard your body'. Do you want him blocking you...ever...especially when he thinks he can 'disregard' his body? This guy might actually hurt people. I mean cart them off hurt them.

Man, this is shaping up well. The Tigers are coming back and fast. Everything I hear from these videos sounds good.

One more thing - I am a huge Kiehl F fan. I really hope he puts it together. But, its hard not to pull for J Wallace.

War Eagle

LaDarius Owens on transition from DE to LB: "I thought it would be easier to gain weight than lose, so I dropped 15 pounds." He's at 243

? :slapfh: ?

Alex Kozan has moved to center after always playing guard. Kozan told him coaches said his "intelligence" was reason for the switch.

So based on the post that Aaron Brenner said coaches took Kozan to the cleaners for poor blacking, I trust Alex took the intellgence comment in a positive way?

LaDarius Owens on transition from DE to LB: "I thought it would be easier to gain weight than lose, so I dropped 15 pounds." He's at 243

? :slapfh: ?

Stay with me this is difficult.

Factual statement 1: It is easy to gain weight.

Factual statement 2: It is hard to lose weight.

Declarative statement: I lost weight to 243#.

Interpretation: This is a new era under CGM. I first did the hard work (lose weight) to be in shape to play linebacker, I can easily gain weight if I need more bulk to stop the running games of SEC teams.

I became an interpretive expert of the discourse from college football players, fashion merchandising and nursing majors while assisting my mother grade her Nutrition 101 test papers when I was in the eighth grade. :beer2:

Little doc

Is that Hebrew tatted on JP's arm?

I think so, my step father was Jewish and it looks familiar. I had the same thought myself. A great man by the way.

Outside of the hands on coaching in the videos the things I noticed were...

KF's arm is electric. If he can just get consistent with accuracy.

Corey Grant is like really really fast.

The indoor practice facility really looks top notch. Is this a full 100 yard indoor facility now? This is one thing that has been needed to be competetive with the upper tier of SEC programs. How high is the ceiling at its highest point? As far as the SEC goes, where do we rank now as far as facilities go in the SEC? I would think we are at the very top or close to it. For decades now, I have thought that there are few if any stadiums in the SEC that have the overall beauty that JHS has. I have been to all but a handful of stadiums in the SEC, and can say that none of them can match JHS in beauty and asthetics.

WDE

Doc

I think so, my step father was Jewish and it looks familiar. I had the same thought myself. A great man by the way.

I haven't seen a pic of it. If it is Hebrew I can translate it. Can someone post a legible pic of it?

It probably is Hebrew for "Beast!"

I haven't seen a pic of it. If it is Hebrew I can translate it. Can someone post a legible pic of it?

There is an after practice video of Prosch somewhere on here or al.com that shows the tat pretty clear. In fact when I saw it started me wondering. I will try and find it for you since I am retired it will give me something to do ;D

The indoor practice facility really looks top notch. Is this a full 100 yard indoor facility now? This is one thing that has been needed to be competetive with the upper tier of SEC programs. How high is the ceiling at its highest point? As far as the SEC goes, where do we rank now as far as facilities go in the SEC? I would think we are at the very top or close to it. For decades now, I have thought that there are few if any stadiums in the SEC that have the overall beauty that JHS has. I have been to all but a handful of stadiums in the SEC, and can say that none of them can match JHS in beauty and asthetics.

WDE

Doc

It's 100 yards now, and highest point is 67'. 20' buffer around the field, so the place is HUGE. I definitely think we're up there, the only thing I'd like to see added with JHS is to have us finish out the outside of the stadium in brick, poured cement, something. I think closing it up will make it look even more aesthetically pleasing than it already is.

I think we're easily a top-5 in the SEC in facilities, maybe even top 3.

There is an after practice video of Prosch somewhere on here or al.com that shows the tat pretty clear. In fact when I saw it started me wondering. I will try and find it for you since I am retired it will give me something to do ;D

Preacherman, the pic I saw is not a video but right here on this topic's home page. I don't know how you navigate on here but Prosch's pic right on this article, Spring Practice-Day 4 and it shows the tat completely.

Thanks. I saw the pic. Im on my iphone and the pic is small. When I blew it up it got too fuzzy. I cant make it out. Sorry. Maybe someone on here can ask him what it is. That may be our best bet.

Archived