i believe kiehl frazier comes back with a vengeance...

aubiefifty

Kiehl is now a big QB. At 234, he is 8 pounds heavier than last year and looks like he is ready to compete.

I'm not sure an 8 lb difference in weight was his problem last year.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiehl is now a big QB. At 234, he is 8 pounds heavier than last year and looks like he is ready to compete.

I am not sure either, but I think he meant muscle is heavier than fat, so possibly KF has a-lot more muscle this year, if he has been working-out as hard as the campus crowd tell us he has.

Of course it could be 8 more lbs of fat for all I know.

Just a trip down memory lane, below. The SEC isn't High School, but with his numbers below, I assure you, he was hitting screen passes at 4A Shiloh Christian.

High School

Led his team to three Class 4A state championships his last three years and earned MVP honors all three years at Shiloh Christian School. Named USA Today's National Offensive Player of the Year. During senior season, passed for 2,975 yards and 42 touchdowns and rushed for 1,164 yards and 22 TDs. Listed as the nation's No. 2 quarterback by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. and the No. 47 player overall on the ESPNU 150. Named an All-American, the nation's No. 4 quarterback and the No. 1 recruit from Arkansas by SuperPrep and the No. 26 overall player nationally in the SuperPrep Elite 50. Played in the Under Armour All-American game.

Honors and Awards

2010 USA Today′s Offensive Player of the Year

Kiehl has the better arm....nick is the better athlete....wallace has the drive....the challenge is who has the confidence and leadership ability

He was always big and strong enough....extra weight or muscle is not the issue. The question is whether he can lead and inspire the team...and that's something he will have to show us.

Kiehl has the better arm....nick is the better athlete....wallace has the drive....the challenge is who has the confidence and leadership ability

I dont disagree even a little but if its going to be based on confidence and leadership ability that hurts KF's chances IMO

I dont disagree even a little but if its going to be based on confidence and leadership ability that hurts KF's chances IMO

I agree as well, I just think with Gus back at the helm we will see a much more confident KF. Who did he have on the sidelines last season? Lefty in the booth??? If I am wrong, I assure you, I will back whomever gets the starting nod, from the expert of O!

He was always big and strong enough....extra weight or muscle is not the issue. The question is whether he can lead and inspire the team...and that's something he will have to show us.

A comment to both of you. It was obvious his problem or issue last year was not weight, especially since Chizik took his legs away from him and had him chained to the pocket. But, the point was not about what his main issue was last year, it was about his commitment this year. To that point, looking at the pics and vids of him it appears the gain is muscle and that he is in excellent condition. This tells me he is committed and ready to compete for the job.

Just a specific comment on his weight, people forget he was 212 when he got here and now he's 234. Everything else being equal (this means improved short pass accuracy, decision making and developing a take charge attitude) that is a lot for a QB to bring to the table.

I guess, if anyone knows who the best QB will be to lead the Gus offense, it is Gus!

Let's keep it fun while we guess all summer, who it may be! :)/>

Right now my $ is on KF. Can we start a poll, or would that be inappropriate?

Sure...why not? Agree...all in good conversation!

I am not sure either, but I think he meant muscle is heavier than fat, so possibly KF has a-lot more muscle this year, if he has been working-out as hard as the campus crowd tell us he has.

Of course it could be 8 more lbs of fat for all I know.

Just a trip down memory lane, below. The SEC isn't High School, but with his numbers below, I assure you, he was hitting screen passes at 4A Shiloh Christian.

High School

Led his team to three Class 4A state championships his last three years and earned MVP honors all three years at Shiloh Christian School. Named USA Today's National Offensive Player of the Year. During senior season, passed for 2,975 yards and 42 touchdowns and rushed for 1,164 yards and 22 TDs. Listed as the nation's No. 2 quarterback by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. and the No. 47 player overall on the ESPNU 150. Named an All-American, the nation's No. 4 quarterback and the No. 1 recruit from Arkansas by SuperPrep and the No. 26 overall player nationally in the SuperPrep Elite 50. Played in the Under Armour All-American game.

Honors and Awards

Good numbers but I'd like to know what kind of competition he was facing each week.

+1

Of course it could be 8 more lbs of fat for all I know

High School

Led his team to three Class 4A state championships his last three years and earned MVP

honors all three years at Shiloh Christian School. Named USA Today's National Offensive Player of the Year. During senior season, passed for 2,975 yards and 42 touchdowns and rushed for 1,164 yards and 22 TDs. Listed as the nation's No. 2 quarterback by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. and the No. 47 player overall on the ESPNU 150. Named an All-American, the nation's No. 4 quarterback and the No. 1 recruit from Arkansas by SuperPrep and the No. 26 overall player nationally in the SuperPrep Elite 50. Played in the Under Armour All-American game.

Honors and Awards

Good numbers but I'd like to know what kind of competition he was facing each week.

4A.

if HS accolades was all that mattered KF would be automatic. Problem is none of that has translated to the college level. I like the kid a lot....everyone does but, if you're being honest about it, thus far he's been Auburn's version of Billy Beane. Right now, I dont have much confidence that he will suddenly become a star, but he might, I just have to see it to believe it. I think NM will be the guy if not right away, he will be, no later than the 3rd game of the season if not sooner.

<p>It's hard for me to believe there is a real QB competition going on this spring when, IMO, the strongest candidate is not in school yet. On the other hand, maybe the coaches can decide who will be the most serious challenger for NM...and allow NM enough reps for him to become familiar with the offense.

I don't think it will be a four man competition in August...kind of like NM getting a "bye" this spring and moving to the finals when he shows up.</p>

Can he lead? Three straight 4A state championships. Three straight. Not sure how many of us have ever won 1 state championship. Was runner-up 1 year myself and I know how hard that was. So if 1 is very difficult what is 2? And then add another. That isn't luck my friends. You don't luck into even 1!! So to get the same team motivated to come back and win the second and then third would, I don't know, maybe take a leader or two you reckon? NM won one in 1A in GA and was surrounded be some other really good players as well. My gut tells me KF but if NM is that good then I'm all for it. But to call into question Kiehls leadership skills or ability to motivate based on the 2012 AU football team is nuts. Last year may wind up being the best thing to ever happen to Kiehl. This is going to be fun either way.

I think KF is probably a fine leader. But there are different types of leadership styles. I perceive KF as a lead by example type, with a quiet confidence.

I think different teams (changes year to year based on coaches, style of play, culture of players/team) respond to different leadership styles at different positions.

Example a LBer may be more effective as a vocal in your face type. An OL leader may be more effective as a periodic vocal guy but with a kick ur ass presence. A QB leader effectiveness can vary.

Will my perceived idea of KF style be effective for the 2013 auburn tigers. I am not as confident as I was with the cam newton style beginning the 2010 season.

There is no question that KF has been an effective leader in the past and appears to be a positive locker room influence. But if he wants to be THE MAN for the 2013 auburn tigers, I think he needs to be a touch more in your face vocal. I'll use a pertinent example and that is d. Craig when he was auburns field general his senior year. I perceived him to be generally reserved but became more vocal as a team leader.

Can he lead? Three straight 4A state championships. Three straight. Not sure how many of us have ever won 1 state championship. Was runner-up 1 year myself and I know how hard that was. So if 1 is very difficult what is 2? And then add another. That isn't luck my friends. You don't luck into even 1!! So to get the same team motivated to come back and win the second and then third would, I don't know, maybe take a leader or two you reckon? NM won one in 1A in GA and was surrounded be some other really good players as well. My gut tells me KF but if NM is that good then I'm all for it. But to call into question Kiehls leadership skills or ability to motivate based on the 2012 AU football team is nuts. Last year may wind up being the best thing to ever happen to Kiehl. This is going to be fun either way.

High School. What have you (KF) done for me lately? What type of competition was KF facing? Name some big time recruits players that he went up against and name the ones NM went up against to get that 1 Championship in 1A. Football is on another level in states like GA, AL, FL. We should know...we've pulled several 4* & 5* players from those states. I hope KF can make me a believer.

We all know that a great high school player doesn't automatically make you a great college player and a great college player doesn't mean you will be a good pro. All the numbers and champions are nice but don't mean much to me when a player gets to Auburn and show what they can do. If KF is the starter...then fine. I just have not seen anything to fully believe in him.

High School. What have you (KF) done for me lately? What type of competition was KF facing? Name some big time recruits players that he went up against and name the ones NM went up against to get that 1 Championship in 1A. Football is on another level in states like GA, AL, FL. We should know...we've pulled several 4* & 5* players from those states. I hope KF can make me a believer.

We all know that a great high school player doesn't automatically make you a great college player and a great college player doesn't mean you will be a good pro. All the numbers and champions are nice but don't mean much to me when a player gets to Auburn and show what they can do. If KF is the starter...then fine. I just have not seen anything to fully believe in him.

i saw his team play on espn against euliss from Texas. They were one of the top high school teams in the country that year. His team got creamed. But KF was, IMO the best player on the field that game. Had he not been there...glory be it would have been bad.

Also we think a lot of Monty Adams in this years recruiting class. He played 1a ball last year. Local folks know dooly plays some pretty good ball but folks from Arkansas may question his ranking because it was 1a. The reverse may be happening here in regards to KF. I think his talent is there. Where is he between the ears? I think we will find out in the next 8 months.

i saw his team play on espn against euliss from Texas. They were one of the top high school teams in the country that year. His team got creamed. But KF was, IMO the best player on the field that game. Had he not been there...glory be it would have been bad.

Also we think a lot of Monty Adams in this years recruiting class. He played 1a ball last year. Local folks know dooly plays some pretty good ball but folks from Arkansas may question his ranking because it was 1a. The reverse may be happening here in regards to KF. I think his talent is there. Where is he between the ears? I think we will find out in the next 8 months.

Certainly can agree on that mustache eagle. I hope his issues "between the ears" are solved b/c I'd certainly love to finally have a clear cut QB going into the season. Tired of QB ?'s every year. Would be nice to have a QB who is our guy for 2 - 3 years.

Big is not always better...he needs to be able to hit a receiver down field...consistently! He needs to be better with his reads. He needs to learn progression and check-down. Otherwise, he is just a bigger KF.

<p>It's hard for me to believe there is a real QB competition going on this spring when, IMO, the strongest candidate is not in school yet. On the other hand, maybe the coaches can decide who will be the most serious challenger for NM...and allow NM enough reps for him to become familiar with the offense.

I don't think it will be a four man competition in August...kind of like NM getting a "bye" this spring and moving to the finals when he shows up.</p>

Wow! Do you know something, we don't about KF? I mean you are completely writing him off? Maybe some inside info you can share.

I think you are right on target.

Wow! Do you know something, we don't about KF? I mean you are completely writing him off? Maybe some inside info you can share.

While I agree with 64 most days, I only need to remind you two of Gus' statement after the 2011 bowl game and that was after having him for a whole season. He didn't waffle, or even give a long pause. He felt then that KF would start in 2012. Then in regards to NM, I simply do not believe that CGM is planning on starting a QB he has only had on campus for a month and a half. Of which he will only practice with the team for a month. Cam had been in School since Jan. and still was just getting the feel of things.

If Gus had not recruited KF nor made the statement he did after the bowl game then I would feel differently. If he had gotten a QB that could have enrolled in Janurary out of JUCO it would signal to me that he was desperate. So my $ is on Kiehl. (Obviously)

Archived