i believe kiehl frazier comes back with a vengeance...

aubiefifty

NM's JUCO stats are pretty impressive if you pull out the INT's (yes I realize you can't do that) but many on here keep saying that Gus can make KF better with time. Couldn't the same be true with NM? If Gus can cut down those Int's and help with the other aspects of NM's game we could have ourselves something special. My point is that you can't say Gus can help KF and then turn around and not say the same for NM. You have to forget what Gus did or didn't say in the past about players. He has to go with whoever is best when everyone gets here in a couple of months. I don't care who it is but whoever it is needs to play better than what we had last year and what we had Saturday. From what I saw Saturday KF and Wallace are going to get some of our recievers killed if they don't get better fast.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen anyone post that Kiehl Frazier should start even if he isn't the best we have. If they have then they need to be examined. I do think he gets a pass for last year for the most part. He looked better Saturday but not great. Last I looked it was still April though. Even Cam still had a ways to go this time three years ago so I'm not putting anything in stone. Gus will play the best QB therefore trying to make definitive statements is crazy. Whomever starts against WSU will need to have some success early on to bolster their confidence. We are fragile at QB, we have a couple of talented guys that will all compete in August to see who wins the job. That being said, I am pulling for KF. He has the talent without a doubt. He needs to get his swagger back. JW is a great kid. Very competitive and a good leader. Does not have all the physical talent of KF, NM, JJ or even JS. NM ia a freak of an athlete who could play and start at more than one position. He can make great plays no one else can but then turn around and give it up. JJ is still in HS as is JS. It should be fun to watch. WDE!

I have never seen anyone post that Kiehl Frazier should start even if he isn't the best we have. If they have then they need to be examined. I do think he gets a pass for last year for the most part. He looked better Saturday but not great. Last I looked it was still April though. Even Cam still had a ways to go this time three years ago so I'm not putting anything in stone. Gus will play the best QB therefore trying to make definitive statements is crazy. Whomever starts against WSU will need to have some success early on to bolster their confidence. We are fragile at QB, we have a couple of talented guys that will all compete in August to see who wins the job. That being said, I am pulling for KF. He has the talent without a doubt. He needs to get his swagger back. JW is a great kid. Very competitive and a good leader. Does not have all the physical talent of KF, NM, JJ or even JS. NM ia a freak of an athlete who could play and start at more than one position. He can make great plays no one else can but then turn around and give it up. JJ is still in HS as is JS. It should be fun to watch. WDE!

The race for the QB job should be a lot of fun to watch. I understand that everybody wants the best player to win the job. My point is a lot of folks continue to insist that KF is the best there is which is what I don't see. Admittedly, the WRs have got to make the catches and its not the QBs fault when they drop the ball but the QB does has to have a certain aura about him. The key component of that aura is confidence. I could not tell you why KF looks so tentative but if this is HIS offense it hasn't done much to make him look anymore more comfortable running it. He looked the same to me. The little pass out of the back field that CAP had to make a great catch to bring in is a good example. His accuracy on those little throws still leaves a lot to be desired. We'll see. All I'm hoping to see is a player emerge who looks confident, competent and competitive. As I see it right now the position is lacking all 3 components.

When you are throwing to different players all the time at every position it is very hard to get timing down and that is the biggest thing for him right now IMO. In 2010 we knew Adams and Zachery with Blake (when he got here) were our WR's. Dyer was our RB with O'Mac in the speed role. The OL was set and very experienced as well. Familiarity is a huge component of success in all sports. And can't be overlooked as a problem for a QB. He needs to step up some though as you have routinely pointed out.

I think the way I'm going to approach this is to see what Gus comes up with in August and in the meantime, enjoy the ride. Gus will put the best QB out there.

When you are throwing to different players all the time at every position it is very hard to get timing down and that is the biggest thing for him right now IMO. In 2010 we knew Adams and Zachery with Blake (when he got here) were our WR's. Dyer was our RB with O'Mac in the speed role. The OL was set and very experienced as well. Familiarity is a huge component of success in all sports. And can't be overlooked as a problem for a QB. He needs to step up some though as you have routinely pointed out.

some Or a LOT?...but whatever works for you is fine with me. Personally, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes that step but he's got 4 more months. I don't have any idea what's going to click for him in the next 4 months that already hasn't half way through his career...we'll see.

Well at 6'2 and 234 pounds...

... he should be noticeable if he does indeed come back with a vengeance; however it might be time for him to consider other plans than being a NFL quarterback. I mean if he truly wants to play at the next level ?

Not saying where that might be, but we got LB's and RB's of a smaller stature... and 234 is just 4 less than Dee Ford. Just thinking out loud (???) that he's a whole lot to be wasting if QB is not his college forte, and the NFL is plumb full of use to be high school quarterbacks ? Don't shoot the messenger, but if fall comes and he's not the starter, then college might be the place for him to pick up another profession.

NM's JUCO stats are pretty impressive if you pull out the INT's (yes I realize you can't do that) but many on here keep saying that Gus can make KF better with time. Couldn't the same be true with NM? If Gus can cut down those Int's and help with the other aspects of NM's game we could have ourselves something special. My point is that you can't say Gus can help KF and then turn around and not say the same for NM. You have to forget what Gus did or didn't say in the past about players. He has to go with whoever is best when everyone gets here in a couple of months. I don't care who it is but whoever it is needs to play better than what we had last year and what we had Saturday. From what I saw Saturday KF and Wallace are going to get some of our recievers killed if they don't get better fast.

There is not much video on NM but the video i did see of him....most times he looked like he was running for his life! He improved his teams record from the previous year and the games where they did get blown out...if they wouldn't have had NM it would have been 10 times worse in the final score as he made plays with his feet. By no means do i think NM will be the second coming of Cam but I'm just ready to move on from the KF experiment at this point.

I disagree with people saying that others on this board are saying bad stuff or against KF. the fact is that he hasn't lived up to all he hype he had coming out of High School. I don't see where anyone has said he was a bad person or a terrible QB. He just hasn't been an SEC caliber QB. And that is the league Auburn plays in. Saturday he didn't do anything to change anyone's mind about his play. Everyone wants him to be good but he just isn't there right now so people are hoping that the guy we haven't seen yet will be the QB that can take us back to the top of the league.

+100000 :bow:

I'm sure that KF is a standup guy. Does all sorts of charity work "ON HIS OWN", and comes from a wonderful, loving family, etc. However, these qualities have absolutely nothing to do with playing winning football in the strongest conference in the nation.

The bottom line is that the kid hasn't shown that he is a SEC caliber QB. He may do just fine at a smaller division school. He may shine at QB and feel comfortable in a conference where the defenses aren't like sharks feasting in blood infested waters.

It's been said that he has played in "Gus' offense" since 7th grade. Then he should be adept at executing the routine plays/reads/progressions that are necessary in his position. Something's missing, I can't quite put my finger on it yet. It may be more mental than physical with this kid?

He looked horrible,again.

That's pretty strong language.. notice to all who have a problem with my takes I did not say that. The real problem I see is that Gus' offense is supposed to be squarely in KF's wheel house. He looked just as tentative as he did last year IMO. To not see a noticeable difference in demeanor and execution seeing how he's played that offense since the 7th grade is a very troubling problem for him as I see it.

That's pretty strong language.. notice to all who have a problem with my takes I did not say that. The real problem I see is that Gus' offense is supposed to be squarely in KF's wheel house. He looked just as tentative as he did last year IMO. To not see a noticeable difference in demeanor and execution seeing how he's played that offense since the 7th grade is a very troubling problem for him as I see it.

+1. Neither QB looked horrible.

+1. Neither QB looked horrible.

+1

The QBs knew they couldn't be hit and were still missing targets, mishandling the ball, etc. They may not have looked horrible compared to each other, but compared to the other QBs in the league... they didn't look very good.

Ok, mAYBE I WAS Harsh..He missed easy targets, and looked very uneasy again.

I agree neither looked horrible but neither looked above average either. To win in the SEC you have to have an above average QB.

I agree neither looked horrible but neither looked above average either. To win in the SEC you have to have an above average QB.

Actually to win in the SEC with an average QB you need an above average defense. Sadly, at this point in time, Auburn appears to have neither.

Frazier was 10-of-16 for 125 yards and one touchdown. Not horrible, but not great either. However, I did notoce at least two balls(thrown to Reed) that he placed perfectly where he either dropped it or ran a poor route. And 12-of-16 for 170 and a TD looks pretty good.

Frazier was 10-of-16 for 125 yards and one touchdown. Not horrible, but not great either. However, I did notoce at least two balls(thrown to Reed) that he placed perfectly where he either dropped it or ran a poor route. And 12-of-16 for 170 and a TD looks pretty good.

bird, you're always level headed and straight. be honest, do you really think KF looked better than he did last year? I'm not particularly swayed by the stats. I understand that's one objective way to judge a performance but I'm looking at his overall demeanor and the fact that he's supposedly been running this offense since he was in the 7th grade. If that's the case, I'd have to say his performance didn't do much to sell me on his readiness to take the reigns.

I would love to see him jerk TR's facemask off the next time he drops the ball myself and show some fire. Get in someone's face and I think the rest will take note. If he would do this I believe it would endear him to more of the fanbase.

bird, you're always level headed and straight. be honest, do you really think KF looked better than he did last year? I'm not particularly swayed by the stats. I understand that's one objective way to judge a performance but I'm looking at his overall demeanor and the fact that he's supposedly been running this offense since he was in the 7th grade. If that's the case, I'd have to say his performance didn't do much to sell me on his readiness to take the reigns.

I think he looked more relaxed. Last year he was always under pressure and seemed to panic when the pocket started to close in. During the A-day game he made some very nice passes down field that were just dropped, both to Reed. Also, his short passes looked okay. The TD to Reed was great, but he led Louis too much on another. Those things will work themselves out with more reps. I don't know if he's ready, but, to me, he looked a lot more comfortable.

Birdman, do you agree with me that the timing of the QB's left a lot to be desired? KF put some throws out there that will get receivers killed. Ball was LATE getting to open receivers several times.

I just watched the first 15 minutes on YouTube and I thought the QBs played very poorly, especially KF. I would like to know KF's statistics in the first quarter. The first team O did not have a first down when KF was in the first several series - and that was against the 2nd team defense. His passes were slow and off (except for one to reed that was dropped. That is not to say that Wallace was great. I liked that Wallace was able to guide the team down the field several times in the first quarter (against the 1st team D), but the turnovers are terrible and will get us beat.

The only difference I saw in KF was when the defense started getting winded and he was able to run a little.

And to the OP, I thought he was going to dominate this spring. I honestly though he would take over. After reading pracitce reports I realized it was not going to happen... and that stinks.

Archived