i believe kiehl frazier comes back with a vengeance...

aubiefifty

I just didn't see anything from KF that would make me think he will be a GREAT QB. I've been wrong before but if he is our starter I think it is a long season. I would love another Brandon Cox who is the definite starter for a few years.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I make a post about this as there is no need to beat a dead horse. If Marshall or Johnson are not ready to play next year we are in for another long year of AU football.

I think with Gus coaching we will win our share of games even with the QB's picking it up a-little slowly. Think about the running game improvements, the WO's blocking improvements, the O-line etc...

Exactly, it kinda reminds me of how Chris Todd turned around in 09. We will be more consistent on offense and our D should be better also. Pumped for aday

Chris Todd lite it up aginst the non-sec teams and struggled with sec teams. I think this will be the case with KF or JW. IMO.

The defense is gonna have to pulled their weight this season. They've got to give the offense and the new scheme a chance to gel.

IMO, our first game vs Washington State will be a great test for the team. I'm eager to see Ellis Johnson spar with a Mike Leach offense.

I just didn't see anything from KF that would make me think he will be a GREAT QB. I've been wrong before but if he is our starter I think it is a long season. I would love another Brandon Cox who is the definite starter for a few years.

AMEN

Auburn has been the model of instability and inconsistancy. I want to see the day where we all know who our starting QB is every year and all the fans will have to worry about is how the young backup QB's are developing.

Last time I make a post about this as there is no need to beat a dead horse. If Marshall or Johnson are not ready to play next year we are in for another long year of AU football.

if I remember, you have seen practices/scrimmage correct?? The other person or 2 on here who have watched practice/scrimmage are not exactly jumping outta their shoes with the existing guys. I was more optimistic a month ago about KF. I hope he makes progress the next few months. He "should" be the front runner. Just don't see how JJ can compete as a frosh.

if I remember, you have seen practices/scrimmage correct?? The other person or 2 on here who have watched practice/scrimmage are not exactly jumping outta their shoes with the existing guys. I was more optimistic a month ago about KF. I hope he makes progress the next few months. He "should" be the front runner. Just don't see how JJ can compete as a frosh.

No doubt he should be but it just seems there is something missing with him. He passes the "eye" test easily because he looks great but he just cannot make the simplest throws consistently. His body language is not particularly good either IMO. I cant help but wonder if HE believes he can be effective as a QB and leader at this level. I don't know what it is but its something. Its looking more and more like this will come down to the Thursday before the 1st game before they announce who the starting QB will be.

I agree 100%...

Right now, I think it's Kiehl or Marshall... If NM can't pick up the O, we're gonna have to rely heavily on the run with Keihl. KF at least poses a threat running... Wallace (God bless him) just doesn't have the tools to be a legit SEC QB. If JW plays this season, we've run out of options. Either way, somebody is gonna have to step it up.

Not very encouraging to read comments from ABrenner that KF needed to lose some weight....get in better condition...from WarEagleExtra today...what's with that?

I agree, except I think we need a QB better than Brandon Cox to make this offense work well. BC was a great player for AU, so don't get me wrong, but this O is built well for a stud like we had in Newton. We wont have another Newton, but we now have the blueprint now assimilate.

I think with Gus coaching we will win our share of games even with the QB's picking it up a-little slowly. Think about the running game improvements, the WO's blocking improvements, the O-line etc...

The D has no-where to go but up!

I was hopping the news about our QB's from the coaches was just because they wanted KF and JW working hard and competing all summer, but it does appear as if they are both having trouble picking it up. I really think with the likes of Gus and staff it will be an exciting year, but I agree Johnson seems to be the real deal!

I think any of the 4 QBs can lead us to at least 6 wins but NM or JJ have the ability to go above and beyond. Even if KF or JW starts i expect NM or JJ to take over early in the season. JJ will be the guy next year and going forward.

Does anyone know exactly when Nick Marshall will be on campus? I've heard late May or early June.

I wonder if he's been given any drills to work on this spring on his own time to sort of prepare him somewhat for Gus' offense?

I think I read somewhere he will be on campus in May and that Gus has sent him some homework to keep him busy.

Excellent!

+++++++

Exactly, it kinda reminds me of how Chris Todd turned around in 09. We will be more consistent on offense and our D should be better also. Pumped for aday

Chris Todd lite it up aginst the non-sec teams and struggled with sec teams. I think this will be the case with KF or JW. IMO.

Agree. This is why i believe we'll see a QB change with either JW or KF if either starts; when SEC play kicks in. Likely to happen after Miss St. or LSU game.

Not very encouraging to read comments from ABrenner that KF needed to lose some weight....get in better condition...from WarEagleExtra today...what's with that?

Think i recall reading he weighed even more than 234; lost a few before official weigh in. Not sure what that was all about either. Plus, what concerned me a little early on about KF was that he was one of the guys wearing an orange jersey in Russell's workout program; when he was grading guys. You can go back and check the video. JW was wearing a blue jersey and at a certain point in the video JW can be heard saying "Don't matter what jersey i get. I'mma work hard."

Understand JW skills are not up with KF but I like that kind of attitude in my QB. Just was a little concerning to me with KF; from someone you're looking to be a major leader of the team. To KF's credit he quickly worked his way out of the orange jersey.

Leadership....settting the right example. Who on the team at any position is doing that now?

AU64, that is the million dollar question right now.

We will put the best on the field, no matter who it is. but that said, i do worry about Kiehl. There's just something not..there

Really hope i am waaaaaay off base on that assumption.

As far as the KF weight gain goes..... Does anyone have solid data on KF reporting this spring out of shape or perhaps heavier due to muscle gain?

As most of you know I am pulling for KF, but obviously after last season, if he showed up out of shape for Gus and staff that would concern me.

As far as the KF weight gain goes..... Does anyone have solid data on KF reporting this spring out of shape or perhaps heavier due to muscle gain?

As most of you know I am pulling for KF, but obviously after last season, if he showed up out of shape for Gus and staff that would concern me.

Don't think it was the case where KF's weight was "bad weight" put on but coaches Gus/Rhett have stated they want him around 220 - 225. I'm sure this has to due with allowing him to be more elusive as possible. KF has never been a burner but cutting some weight should help his speed.

He did get off to a sluggish start with Russell's program; evident with the jersey rating but seems to be working well towards he weight goal. His weight had a lot to do with the Lefty experiment and now that Gus is back...he wants him at the size he was during his Freshmen year.

http://auburnauthority.com/2013/03/27/kiehl-frazier-works-with-first-offensive-unit-during-first-spring-practice/

Don't think it was the case where KF's weight was "bad weight" put on but coaches Gus/Rhett have stated they want him around 220 - 225. I'm sure this has to due with allowing him to be more elusive as possible. KF has never been a burner but cutting some weight

should help his speed.

He did get off to a sluggish start with Russell's program; evident with the jersey rating but seems to be working well towards he weight goal. His weight had a lot to do with the Lefty experiment and now that Gus is back...he wants him at the size he was during his Freshmen year.

http://auburnauthority.com/2013/03/27/kiehl-frazier-works-with-first-offensive-unit-during-first-spring-practice/

Thanks for the info!

I don't think you could say KF came back wit a vengeance today. I think he probably sealed his fate with the A-Day game. I think the best he can hope for is the backup but if Marshall comes in and takes the job ( which I think he will) I'm afraid KF will be third string.

I don't think you could say KF came back wit a vengeance today. I think he probably sealed his fate with the A-Day game. I think the best he can hope for is the backup but if Marshall comes in and takes the job ( which I think he will) I'm afraid KF will be third string.

I didn't get to see the game and looking at the stats KF's didn't look that bad. 10-16 and 2 TDs with no ints doesn't paint a bad picture especially when the other QB was involved in 2 t.overs. Can someone explain the KF didn't look good stuff? Secondly can Wallace throw the long ball successfully? Did he have any long completions?

I didn't get to see the game and looking at the stats KF's didn't look that bad. 10-16 and 2 TDs with no ints doesn't paint a bad picture especially when the other QB was involved in 2 t.overs. Can someone explain the KF didn't look good stuff? Secondly can Wallace throw the long ball successfully? Did he have any long completions?

Both of Wallaces TDs were 15yds + from what I remember. Mightve been 20yds+. The pic he threw was behind his receiver and was an overall bad read. However, the fumble wasnt his fault, it was a bad snap which was apparently from crowd noise.

Frazier played okay after a slow start. His Touchdown throw was a WR screen and he literally walked in. However, his touchdown run was very clever. He used a well timed pump fake and ran it into the corner.

Both QBs had a fair share of balls dropped. However, a bulk of the passes were wide receiver screens.

KF did not look good. His passes are still very slow. JW lost a lot of confidence when he missed that snap.

I was really pulling for KF, however, I was really disappointed today. I was hoping he would look better.

Stats don't always tell the story. KF looked shaky like last year in the beginning then started to make good throws later on. He didn't start coming around until JW got in a good groove. KF still struggled with short passes. He took yet another sack. JW had a couple nice small runs out of the pocket when things broke down. JW outplayed KF...but not by that much. Neither was that great but KF clearly has to do more or he'll be Kodi 2.0 real soon. JW looked like a average QB if given a little time we could be ok with him...I didn't get that with KF. NM & JJ need to be ready. It will not be hard to beat out JW or KF.

KF did not look good. His passes are still very slow. JW lost a lot of confidence when he missed that snap.

I was really pulling for KF, however, I was really disappointed today. I was hoping he would look better.

I dont think JW lost confidence at all, he came back the next series and scored a TD! Another aspect to consider, is that the defense could key on the RB and not have to worry too much on QB scrambles. Both QBs had their ups and downs. KF made some nice moves on his feet though!

No, Frazier didn't look bad. Didn't look great either. We just have the usual KF bashers doing what they do. Truth be told both looked like about the same. Wallace has an arm, but has hardly any touch on the deep ball.

No, Frazier didn't look bad. Didn't look great either. We just have the usual KF bashers doing what they do. Truth be told both looked like about the same. Wallace has an arm, but has hardly any touch on the deep ball.

I don't think it's bashing at all. I think most people are calling it like they see it, but what I saw is the O as a whole seemed to respond better to JW rather than KF. Yes Wallace lacks some consistency on the deep ball which I think will come in time, but his short to intermediate throws were pretty good for the most part. KF on the other hand still looks indecisive and his short to intermediate accuracy needs work. Short and Intermediate throws are a very important part of Gus's Offense and I think JW has the better of that IMHO. As of right now I see JW as the guy because he seems a lot more calm and collected and the other players seem to respond to him, but we'll have to see if NM or JJ can really make a move when they get on campus.

Archived