i believe kiehl frazier comes back with a vengeance...

aubiefifty

Unlike Jason Campbell, who had four seasons to get it right, Kiehl has this Spring/Summer to get it together or not. If he does not then I would prefer Jason Smith or JJ run the O if they can do so without costing us games. We have no one on campus at DB that has proven they can make the type of plays that Nick Marshall is capable of.

I don't know. it seems to me that, aside from Garrett, the other spot that both GM and EJ are most upbeat about is the play of the corners. Based on their comments alone I believe Auburn does have some pretty good players there. KF will have his 4 seasons unless he transfers and I don't expect that from him. You never know, the light might come on for him in a big way soon. It would make a great story but NM will also be given his shot according to everything Gus has publicly said. We'll see. Ive said it quite a few times, it should be interesting and fun to follow.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*** The big problem I see is that Frazier has spent his entire football life (minus last year) playing in this offense. How can he not be blowing JW away? That is frustrating. I too want him to be successful. I honestly thought he would come in and re-write the record books at AU.

According to this, do not expect to see a starter names this spring. (in other words, we want to see what the new kids can do because so far nobody has stepped up...)

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/auburns_rhett_lashlee_needs_to.html

But offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee wants them to stop thinking so much and start reacting instinctively with the football.

"At quarterback, neither one of them are processing the information fast enough," Lashlee said on Friday. "I'm seeing them go to the right place with the football or do the right thing, but it's maybe a step behind of where we need to be. And you can't be late on things."

Despite establishing a depth chart on the rest of the team, Lashlee still doesn't see the Tigers naming a starting quarterback by the end of the spring.

He doesn't think Wallace or Frazier are ready yet.

The bickering back and forth on this board is getting ridiculous. Damn near every thread turns into a pissing contest.

Have you noticed that the bickering usually involves several of the same posters? I've ignored the majority of them, so on threads like this, I just get a lot of collapsed posts.

"At quarterback, neither one of them are processing the information fast enough," Lashlee said on Friday. "I'm seeing them go to the right place with the football or do the right thing, but it's maybe a step behind of where we need to be. And you can't be late on things."

Coach Lashlee's translation: I can't wait for Nick Marshall to get on campus."

:lmao::outtahere:

^ This +1

This is your warning. Enough with the back and forth. Take it to PM, the board doesn't deserve this constant bickering.

It's quite interesting. :popcorn: As long as it doesn't get personal towards the poster or a player then let them debate. :dunno:

I just wish a QB would step up and separate himself.

++++++++++ Hoping after this year will will not have this issue. My $$ is on JJ for the years to come.

*** The big problem I see is that Frazier has spent his entire football life (minus last year) playing in this offense. How can he not be blowing JW away? That is frustrating. I too want him to be successful. I honestly thought he would come in and re-write the record books at AU.

According to this, do not expect to see a starter names this spring. (in other words, we want to see what the new kids can do because so far nobody has stepped up...)

http://www.al.com/au...e_needs_to.html

But offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee wants them to stop thinking so much and start reacting instinctively with the football.

Despite establishing a depth chart on the rest of the team, Lashlee still doesn't see the Tigers naming a starting quarterback by the end of the spring.

Yea. Those statements made me concerned at first as well b/c that was many people's argument regarding KF that he just needed to back in the O he has always ran. Not surprised a starter will not be named just the fact that KF didn't get any separation btw him and JW.

But at the same time...those comments could be downplaying the QB situation in order to push JW & KF even harder in not to make the small mistakes. Who knows really. The comments can go either way. It appears to me that they probably will not speak highly of ether QB no matter what unitl NM has had a chance to come in so they can compare all three guys. QB situation is going to be a long process.

This is your warning. Enough with the back and forth. Take it to PM, the board doesn't deserve this constant bickering.

It's quite interesting. :popcorn: As long as it doesn't get personal towards the poster or a player then let them debate. :dunno:

This is not al dot com. Debating is fine. Going off topic and bashing is not. If you would like to discuss this further, pm me.

My money is on NM. Not saying KF orJW won't get it but........

I can't start a new topic but I want one where everyone can post who they think gets it. Not reasons why or why not, just a name so we can go on record.

I don't think so. If Frazier and Wallace are having trouble grasping this over a long period of time, Marshall will be so far behind he'll think cornerback looks like a ray of sunshine to him.

I expect Frazier to be the QB, but I don't really have a favorite, other than Marshall will be miles behind so he's got to be the default guy. Marshall only plays if the other two have failed.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/auburns_rhett_lashlee_needs_to.html

Despite establishing a depth chart on the rest of the team, Lashlee still doesn't see the Tigers naming a starting quarterback by the

end of the spring.

I too thought KF, would separate himself by now, and I am also disappointed that he hasn't. A-lot of time until fall, though!

haha

I don't think this is an issue of the QB's picking up the offense. I think they are having issue keeping up with the speed of the game. They can be fully versed in the offense but overwhelmed by the defense coming at them and in turn be behind the curve on execution.

The college game is fast and the light bulb hasn't clicked for KF or JW. NM might have better chance even with less actual offensive knowledge for this very reason. We will see what happens though.

I watched practice today and can finally put a finger on it. I thought both QBs had good zip on the ball and made good decisions. JW doesn't trust himself or progress through his receivers fast enough so he tends to run out of the opportunity. KF sees the route and a guy can be open but he throws it 2-3 seconds too late. In the miniscrimmage today there were 2 or 3 times where everyone on the sideline saw the receiver open (1 time for a touchdown) but the ball was late. I don't know if either problem can be corrected at this point in their careers. Hope so, just don't know.

I'm no expert and I havent watched close video, but does KF have a slow release from bad mechanics? I know I watched some stuff about tebows throwing motion added about a second to his release compared to other QBs. Tebow does/did this weird motion with his wrist that turns the ball completely away from him, I can't very well explain it. In the same show, they compared it to Peyton manning, Brady and Cam all having much faster releases.

Last time I make a post about this as there is no need to beat a dead horse. If Marshall or Johnson are not ready to play next year we are in for another long year of AU football.

I think with Gus coaching we will win our share of games even with the QB's picking it up a-little slowly. Think about the running game improvements, the WO's blocking improvements, the O-line etc...

The D has no-where to go but up!

I was hopping the news about our QB's from the coaches was just because they wanted KF and JW working hard and competing all summer, but it does appear as if they are both having trouble picking it up. I really think with the likes of Gus and staff it will be an exciting year, but I agree Johnson seems to be the real deal!

Does anyone know exactly when Nick Marshall will be on campus? I've heard late May or early June.

I wonder if he's been given any drills to work on this spring on his own time to sort of prepare him somewhat for Gus' offense?

Last time I make a post about this as there is no need to beat a dead horse. If Marshall or Johnson are not ready to play next year we are in for another long year of AU football.

I think with Gus coaching we will win our share of games even with the QB's picking it up a-little slowly. Think about the running game improvements, the WO's blocking improvements, the O-line etc...

Exactly, it kinda reminds me of how Chris Todd turned around in 09. We will be more consistent on offense and our D should be better also. Pumped for aday

Does anyone know exactly when Nick Marshall will be on campus? I've heard late May or early June.

I wonder if he's been given any drills to work on this spring on his own time to sort of prepare him somewhat for Gus' offense?

I think I read somewhere he will be on campus in May and that Gus has sent him some homework to keep him busy.

I think I read somewhere he will be on campus in May and that Gus has sent him some homework to keep him busy.

Excellent!

Exactly, it kinda reminds me of how Chris Todd turned around in 09. We will be more consistent on offense and our D should be better also. Pumped for aday

Chris Todd lite it up aginst the non-sec teams and struggled with sec teams. I think this will be the case with KF or JW. IMO.

Archived