AU Spring Practice 2013 - Schedule

aubiefifty

i miss the days when terry bowden let ya watch practice in spring. i had so much fun watching the coaches screaming at the players. i loved hearing the trash talkin between the d and o guys. AND i can still hear wayne hall screaming at some new kid saying he was not trying to tackle the other fellow in the drill and accusing him of trying to "screw" the other player instead. much more harsh language was used of course. i know the days of getting that close up and personal are over but still would be fun to watch some practice sessions. anyone know anything about schedule or if any practices will be open to the public?

All I've heard is...

Auburn's first spring practice will begin on March 27. The annual A-Day game is set for April 20. NCAA rules allow 15 practice days in the spring.

Also, this tidbit...

Gus Malzahn's first Auburn spring as head coach will feature morning practices.

@AUGoldMine

I remember going to spring practices when Tubbs was HC. Although Tubbs didn't look like he did much it was entertaining. In this day though I am all for closed practices. Coaches are all about stealing signals now a days ie Saban, Belicheck, etc... So the less they know about our team, even if it means fans not seeing spring practice, I am all for it. I just hope the A day game is ran differently than when Chizik did it. Not knocking him but it was sorta vanilla.

I remember going to spring practices when Tubbs was HC. Although Tubbs didn't look like he did much it was entertaining. In this day though I am all for closed practices. Coaches are all about stealing signals now a days ie Saban, Belicheck, etc... So the less they know about our team, even if it means fans not seeing spring practice, I am all for it. I just hope the A day game is ran differently than when Chizik did it. Not knocking him but it was sorta vanilla.

What you didn't like bubble screens and draws?

Last year was about the least inspiring of any A-Day game I ever had the opportunity to attend.

AUBURN 2013 SPRING PRACTICE SCHEDULE

Wednesday. March 27: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Friday, March 29: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Saturday, March 30: Practice at Jordan-Hare Stadium, open to media 9:55-10:25 a.m.

Monday, April 1: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Wednesday, April 3: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Friday, April 5: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Saturday, April 6: Practice at Jordan-Hare Stadium, open to media 9:55-10:25 a.m.

Monday, April 8: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Wednesday, April 10: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Friday, April 12: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Saturday, April 13: Practice at Jordan-Hare Stadium, open to media 9:55-10:25 a.m

Monday, April 15: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Wednesday, April 17: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Friday, April 19: Practice open to media 8-8:30 a.m.

Saturday, April 20: A-Day, 1 p.m., Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Link

I wish the NCAA would let the teams move the 12th game to spring time. I would gladly pay to see our new team in a spring game against Western Carolina. Late in the fall not so much. Bet the players would welcome the break in the fall schedule. TV revenue would go up as well.

Little doc

Last year was about the least inspiring of any A-Day game I ever had the opportunity to attend.

Well, it carried over to the Fall.

This may not be the place to inquire about this, but can we buy tickets to the A-day game that day? At the stadium? It's been a few years since I've been to the spring game, can't remember the ticket situation. We live a few states away but we are coming in for that weekend for the game and to say goodbye to the oaks. Anybody know about tickets?

Archived