anyone got any info on melvin ray?

aubiefifty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUIH1 - What father watching his son fulfill a life long dream isn't exuberant? He owes no one an apology for that. I've read your posts several times and still see nothing constructive whatsoever. And NO, you do not have the right to question any player's parents or family in a public forum even if they post at times. AE prided itself on the fact that several players parents were members and occasionally posted. They were assured it was not like other msg boards. If you feel compelled to criticise players or parents then TD/SECrant is there for you.

NoAL - If what you claim happened as often as you seem to imply I have a hard time believeing you can't find examples. Like I said, he wishes he had never paticipated as it was taken as an open invitation to attack he and Kiehl and believe me when I tell you that you don't know the half of it. As for who is Butt-Hurt, it is hilarious that someone complaining about something positive one players parent said about another player is even using that term (a year later) but hey, Haters Gonna Hate. :no no no:

AUIH1 - What father watching his son fulfill a life long dream isn't exuberant? He owes no one an apology for that. I've read your posts several times and still see nothing constructive whatsoever. And NO, you do not have the right to question any player's parents or family in a public forum even if they post at times. AE prided itself on the fact that several players parents were members and occasionally posted. They were assured it was not like other msg boards. If you feel compelled to criticise players or parents then TD/SECrant is there for you.

NoAL - If what you claim happened as often as you seem to imply I have a hard time believeing you can't find examples. Like I said, he wishes he had never paticipated as it was taken as an open invitation to attack he and Kiehl and believe me when I tell you that you don't know the half of it. As for who is Butt-Hurt, it is hilarious that someone complaining about something positive one players parent said about another player is even using that term (a year later) but hey, Haters Gonna Hate. :no no no:

Of course a parent is going to be exuberant, but as long as someone is respectful if they disagree with the parent (or anyone for that matter), then there is no reason their post should be deleted or no reason for massive group childish insults towards that poster. I don't know that I ever criticized AUQBDad for his posts. Disagreeing with something is not criticism. Additionally, I have never criticized any player by posting things like "he sucks", "he is a loser", etc. I do not think I have ever posted a personal insult toward a player regarding their play on the field. I do post things like "our QB play really needs to improve and I don't think we current have a QB on campus that is SEC quality" or our "LB play is bad".

I do believe coaches are fair game in terms of criticizing them based on the way they perform their jobs since they are being paid handsomely and paid to put a winning and competitive product on the field/court/pool, etc. The same goes for our AD.

wde

i have been waiting for this young man to break into the starting lineup for over a year now. anyone got any updates? thanx...

BTW: aubiefifty asked:

anyone got any info on melvin ray?

Of course a parent is going to be exuberant, but as long as someone is respectful if they disagree with the parent (or anyone for that matter), then there is no reason their post should be deleted or no reason for massive group childish insults towards that poster. I don't know that I ever criticized AUQBDad for his posts. Disagreeing with something is not criticism. Additionally, I have never criticized any player by posting things like "he sucks", "he is a loser", etc. I do not think I have ever posted a personal insult toward a player regarding their play on the field. I do post things like "our QB play really needs to improve and I don't think we current have a QB on campus that is SEC quality" or our "LB play is bad".

I do believe coaches are fair game in terms of criticizing them based on the way they perform their jobs since they are being paid handsomely and paid to put a winning and competitive product on the field/court/pool, etc. The same goes for our AD.

wde

I have been reading posts from you for around two years I believe and I've never seen you put ANYONE down except for a coach maybe or JJ. They are fair game. My statement about no constructive posts was meant for this thread only and I should have been clearer. It was a unique situation at AE with parents on the forums and in hindsight maybe should have been discouraged at least posting anyway. And the situation with Robin and Kiehl is unique unto itself and folks will have to take my word for that. It is a new day for all involved and Gus coming back was the best thing that could have happened for Kiehl and Robin. We don't have to baby people but we all make mistakes, them included. I have been the athlete before and I'm a parent now and it's tough. Everyone's child is an All-American in their eyes and watching your child struggle is torture. Watching them struggle in front of 90,000 fans and a nationwide TV audience can make you physically ill if they have never struggled before. We can all be grateful that the nightmare of last year is over! WAR DAMN EAGLE and I hope you will forgive me buddy. It was really the post after yours that bugged me anyway.

wde

I have been reading posts from you for around two years I believe and I've never seen you put ANYONE down except for a coach maybe or JJ. They are fair game. My statement about no constructive posts was meant for this thread only and I should have been clearer. It was a unique situation at AE with parents on the forums and in hindsight maybe should have been discouraged at least posting anyway. And the situation with Robin and Kiehl is unique unto itself and folks will have to take my word for that. It is a new day for all involved and Gus coming back was the best thing that could have happened for Kiehl and Robin. We don't have to baby people but we all make mistakes, them included. I have been the athlete before and I'm a parent now and it's tough. Everyone's child is an All-American in their eyes and watching your child struggle is torture. Watching them struggle in front of 90,000 fans and a nationwide TV audience can make you physically ill if they have never struggled before. We can all be grateful that the nightmare of last year is over! WAR DAMN EAGLE and I hope you will forgive me buddy. It was really the post after yours that bugged me anyway.

No worries!! I respect your opinion on the issue.

wde

reading the tea leaves on the future production of WR's at Auburn has been very difficult the last bunch of years. I'd say the majority of the assumed difference makers at WR have not resulted in that. Blake being the most recent exception.

it could probably be argued that the WR position has been one of the most perplexing positions recently. (forgetting the myriad of possible explanations)

2) Of the clear top five receivers on the depth chart is one walk-on: Melvin Ray, who technically is not on athletic scholarship in his return to football after trying his hand with the Los Angeles Dodgers and unable to return to his scholarship with Alabama.

“He’s a big, athletic guy,” head coach Gus Malzahn said. “I think if you ask him, he’s thinking a lot about where to line up and his assignment instead of just playing football. At times, he’s made some plays.”

http://www.wareaglee...out-with-mates/

Seems like Ray has been raising eyebrows.

Good read. War Eagle

I would love for us to have the possession guy again (kind of like EB) and then also have the electric guy. Living in SC, I got to see Alshon Jeffrey play, and having someone like that to stretch the field now and then would be AWESOME to see.

2) Of the clear top five receivers on the depth chart is one walk-on: Melvin Ray, who technically is not on athletic scholarship in his return to football after trying his hand with the Los Angeles Dodgers and unable to return to his scholarship with Alabama.

“He’s a big, athletic guy,” head coach Gus Malzahn said. “I think if you ask him, he’s thinking a lot about where to line up and his assignment instead of just playing football. At times, he’s made some plays.”

http://www.wareaglee...out-with-mates/

Seems like Ray has been raising eyebrows.

Good read. War Eagle

Also see

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1585159-auburn-football-underrated-players-who-will-shine-in-2013

Archived