anyone got any info on melvin ray?

aubiefifty

i have been waiting for this young man to break into the starting lineup for over a year now. anyone got any updates? thanx...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have been waiting for this young man to break into the starting lineup for over a year now. anyone got any updates? thanx...

He's was MIA last season - even after some folks posted promising reviews of him in the off-season last year. He was a highly rated player coming out of HS - maybe he's having a tough time trasitioning back to football??? IDK

Melvin Ray

PARTICIPATION G

2012................ 10 No other statistics

TOTAL............... 10 No other statistics

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/histcarr.html#74

All I remember was KF's dad blasting me because I dared to disagree with him about Ray. I remember all the hype he pumped about this kid and he never had a pass thrown his way. I will be surprised if he makes a big impact this season other than maintaining his special teams duty. When you are out of football for a few years you lose that edge, just ask Benton. Plus with guys like Louis, Coates, and some of these freshman it will be hard for him to get PT. It would be an awesome story though if he busted out this year

I don't think it's a surprise that he was under utilized last year. That happened to a lot of players on the team like Jay Prosch just to name one. Last year Ray played STs like most Fr to get back into football but I personally think he is going to make an impact this year at WR along with Louis, Coates and Denson. All of them are big 6'2"- 6"3" WRs that Gus is going to know how to utilize.

All I remember was KF's dad blasting me because I dared to disagree with him about Ray. I remember all the hype he pumped about this kid and he never had a pass thrown his way. I will be surprised if he makes a big impact this season other than maintaining his special teams duty. When you are out of football for a few years you lose that edge, just ask Benton. Plus with guys like Louis, Coates, and some of these freshman it will be hard for him to get PT. It would be an awesome story though if he busted out this year

Ronnie Daniels on line one...Ronnie Danials is on line one...

Clearly our WR development program has not been that great lately and with the pro style we ran it was hard for more than 3 wr's to touch the field. Hopefully going back to the spread allows for more players to touch the field and break out. Also I'm hoping Craig knows what he is doing with the Wr's even though he is traditionally a qb guy.

I don't think it's a surprise that he was under utilized last year. That happened to a lot of players on the team like Jay Prosch just to name one. Last year Ray played STs like most Fr to get back into football but I personally think he is going to make an impact this year at WR along with Louis, Coates and Denson. All of them are big 6'2"- 6"3" WRs that Gus is going to know how to utilize.

^^^Anybody see downfield blocking skills? I just never found him.

People expect too much out of a walk-on WR that was out of the game for a significant amount of time. Melvin Ray wasn't even some all-world receiver out of HS either. FSU was slow-playing him big time (he tried to come back, they turned him away) and UF wasn't even interested.

People expect too much out of a walk-on WR that was out of the game for a significant amount of time. Melvin Ray wasn't even some all-world receiver out of HS either. FSU was slow-playing him big time (he tried to come back, they turned him away) and UF wasn't even interested.

I agree and wrote something similar last summer. Was dissed by many including QBdad who thought Ray would be an impact player last year. Maybe it will happen this year.

good+grief.jpg

Last year... was last year... and a lot of last year, resulted in being their last year...I'm for giving everyone a break on last year, and wish everyone a better this year...

especially after what WEoffered them last year.

I've been in situations in which I had little control over, and it su-k's to know that things could have been different. Maybe AUQBDAD - Mr Ray - Mr Prosch - along with

the rest deserve a little break, as they too will have to live with last year. It's a team thing, where the whole team wins, as opposed to the fan who too often does no

wrong... and lives only to be right in the light of retrospect. If you were right lat year, good for you ... I wasn't.... and for that I'm glad.

I do not believe any player was utilized correctly last year...

Agree, lets not use the past to make predictions about future performance.

I agree it will be tough for him with Louis, Stevens, Smith, Stevens and Coates. I don't suspect he became LESS talented playing a professional sport, nor an over-the-hill middle aged wash-up. He will get a chance.

I agree it will be tough for him with Louis, Stevens, Smith, Stevens and Coates. I don't suspect he became LESS talented playing a professional sport, nor an over-the-hill middle aged wash-up. He will get a chance.

How many times have I told you to stop being so mean to Bigbird.

To answer why he wasn't on the field you might also ask why a 150lb rb constantly ran up the middle.....why an all american fb spent a lot of time on the bench and why a defense missed on average 3 tackles per play

To answer why he wasn't on the field you might also ask why a 150lb rb constantly ran up the middle.....why an all american fb spent a lot of time on the bench and why a defense missed on average 3 tackles per play

How many times did you see Ray in practice? Thanks for that ass-hat comment.

Maybe he just isn't that good. Did that cross your mind?

How many times did you see Ray in practice? Thanks for that ass-hat comment.

Maybe he just isn't that good. Did that cross your mind?

Pfft feel better after ruffling those feathers

man, i love it when talking football amongst mutual fans turns in to name calling. i was under the impression we were amongst adults. :dunno:

man, i love it when talking football amongst mutual fans turns in to name calling. i was under the impression we were amongst adults. :dunno:

That's just silly.

I miss the days when you could bitch slap someone around here without everyone freaking out. It cut down on worthless posting quite a bit. You had to think twice before posting some stupid crap. That is all.

I miss the days when you could bitch slap someone around here without everyone freaking out. It cut down on worthless posting quite a bit. You had to think twice before posting some stupid crap. That is all.

LOL. Well, I guess the political correctness movement is expanding

Hear hear

Archived