2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

You still feel good bout Rueben kk?

the info I've got still leads me to believe we'll get Reuben......

in my PERSONAL opinion, i'm a little more concerned now than I was maybe a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed on the info side, just a gut feel. Hopefully it's just indigestion and we get him anyways.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are three school's who feel they will get Foster, which tells me he is either playing games, or has no idea what he wants to do.

Agreed. 

Interesting Interview with Kamara... near the end he states that Altee and Reuben have been recruiting him to go to Bama. 

I find Reuben and Matthews comments to the media all a joke.  I just get the feeling they are enjoying leading on the media and the fans.  Last week, UGA fans (via DawgRant and their recruiting experts) were certain that Reuben had committed to UGA and was gonig to decommit from uat.  It seems our recruiting experts feel good that he is going AU.  Bama boards seem very confident that he's going to be uat.  Now Reuben makes comments about how wonderful Washington is and how he would like to make an impact with their program....

It just seems to me that this kid is just having a good time... and nothing he says can be taken serious.

Now, I'm not saying that I believe the kids is going to uat, but until he decommits from them... I am not going to believe anything that is being reported about him going somewhere else.  I also think for UGA, AU or uat fans to feel so confident about his signature is a bit of a joke... for all we know the kid will end up at Clemson.  I have no doubt that he's told people he's going to end up at AU.  I also believe he' told UGA and uat the same thing.

This reminds me of the Russell Wilson recruitment. Our guys were sure he was coming here. Wisconsin's guys were sure he was going there. It became obvious to me that RW was telling both sides the same thing. I kind of think this is what is going on with Foster. At this time, it seems three school's are confident they will get him. Foster may have no idea what he is going to do. I can't imagine being fawned over, like he is, by so many school's.

I personally don't believe that RW is that type of guy who would want to be promised anything, including a starting role in order to make a decision to come to that school. In my opinion, he's a high character guy and I don't foresee that happening. Not calling you a liar by any stretch of the imagination as I'm sure you heard the story above and you're just passing it along. However, I personally don't think it went down like that, but I've been wrong many times before.

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

Just received word that Reuben Foster will not be at #DawgNight - #UGA #Auburn #Bama #BamaNation #DawgNation

Retweeted by Kyle Kolumbus

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

Just received word that Reuben Foster will not be at #DawgNight - #UGA #Auburn #Bama #BamaNation #DawgNation

Hmmmm......I like the sounds of that

I personally don't believe that RW is that type of guy who would want to be promised anything, including a starting role in order to make a decision to come to that school. In my opinion, he's a high character guy and I don't foresee that happening. Not calling you a liar by any stretch of the imagination as I'm sure you heard the story above and you're just passing it along. However, I personally don't think it went down like that, but I've been wrong many times before.

I tend to agree. I think the experience Whisky had on the OL versus our young uns had more to do with it.

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

No raining on parades, but lets remember that he wasn't at BigCat either. Wait and see approach.

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

No raining on parades, but lets remember that he wasn't at BigCat either. Wait and see approach.

Are 100% sure about that  ;)

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

I'm 50% sure.  :P

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

That's the point isn't it golf  :thumbsup:

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

yep sure is. But as for RF being there lets just say  :dunno: :-\ ;):bananadance:

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

yep sure is. But as for RF being there lets just say  :dunno: :-\ ;):bananadance:

Haha  :laugh:  For the sake of being clear, I do know RF was at BigCat, and that is my point.

Interesting Interview with Kamara... near the end he states that Altee and Reuben have been recruiting him to go to Bama. 

I find Reuben and Matthews comments to the media all a joke.  I just get the feeling they are enjoying leading on the media and the fans.  Last week, UGA fans (via DawgRant and their recruiting experts) were certain that Reuben had committed to UGA and was gonig to decommit from uat.  It seems our recruiting experts feel good that he is going AU.  Bama boards seem very confident that he's going to be uat.  Now Reuben makes comments about how wonderful Washington is and how he would like to make an impact with their program....

It just seems to me that this kid is just having a good time... and nothing he says can be taken serious.

Now, I'm not saying that I believe the kids is going to uat, but until he decommits from them... I am not going to believe anything that is being reported about him going somewhere else.  I also think for UGA, AU or uat fans to feel so confident about his signature is a bit of a joke... for all we know the kid will end up at Clemson.  I have no doubt that he's told people he's going to end up at AU.  I also believe he' told UGA and uat the same thing.

This reminds me of the Russell Wilson recruitment. Our guys were sure he was coming here. Wisconsin's guys were sure he was going there. It became obvious to me that RW was telling both sides the same thing. I kind of think this is what is going on with Foster. At this time, it seems three school's are confident they will get him. Foster may have no idea what he is going to do. I can't imagine being fawned over, like he is, by so many school's.

Actually Russell Wilson told our coaches he's ready to come to Auburn if he has the QB job. Chizik told him he'd have a great chance to start but he wouldn't promise him the job. Bielema did. Russell only had 1 year so he went to Wisky. I know this for a fact actually. Talked to a guy that was Russell Wilson's neighbor during that whole deal.

That is simply not true, he was not promised the starting job at Wisconsin either, but it was clear that he would win it as they had numerous injuries and less talent.  http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/russell-wilson-named-co-captain-for-wisconsin/  RW is a high character individual and is not afraid to compete. He also chose Wisconsin because they had a superior offensive line.  I was reading a pre-draft article about him and he talked about how he studied the playbook and watched film 24/7 and would sneak into Camp Randall and practice his drops and progressions on the stadium field.  His dedication reminds me of what we heard about Cam

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

Haha  :laugh:  For the sake of being clear, I do know RF was at BigCat, and that is my point.

Different sitch. There were no stories about RF going or not going to BCW. This is a story about him not going to Dawg Night.

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

I know you know but some may not. Now that I think of I'm not sure dementia I guess

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

I know you know but some may not. Now that I think of I'm not sure dementia I guess

j/k guys/gals

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

Different sitch. There were no stories about RF going or not going to BCW. This is a story about him not going to Dawg Night.

I thought it was said that he was not going to be at BigCat??

I understood(though I guess now I don't know why) it was something along the lines of the OJ Howard deal, where any Bama commit that went jeopardized their scholarship and all. Therefore, it was stated that he was not going? I tend to believe you more and more these days though, E!

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

I understood(though I guess now I don't know why) it was something along the lines of the OJ Howard deal, where any Bama commit than went jeopardized their scholarship and all. Therefore, it was stated that he was not going? I tend to believe you more and more these days though, E!

Just think about it. Bammer and Gawga recruiting media cover and interview RF as much as possible. Auburn recruiting media are the only ones not interviewing or talking much about RF. Even when he and Tray visited they did not interview him. It's a concerted team effort to keep the from stirring the REC pot til it's too late for them to do anything about it.

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

I understood(though I guess now I don't know why) it was something along the lines of the OJ Howard deal, where any Bama commit than went jeopardized their scholarship and all. Therefore, it was stated that he was not going? I tend to believe you more and more these days though, E!

Just think about it. Bammer and Gawga recruiting media cover and interview RF as much as possible. Auburn recruiting media are the only ones not interviewing or talking much about RF. Even when he and Tray visited they did not interview him. It's a concerted team effort to keep the from stirring the REC pot til it's too late for them to do anything about it.

I get that completely, but what does Auburn media have to with it. BigCat is National at this point, especially when it involves the #2 player in the nation.

All I mean to say is that more than AU media would have asked that question...if they did, where is it? If they didn't, why the heck not?

e3rt

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

Do you think they might end up going to different schools together?

e3rt

FANternity ‏@Fanternity

Correct, both will be going to SEC schools together.

e3rt

I think RF picks Auburn and Trey stays with the Dawgs.

Archived