2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

If Alvin Kamara is part is the package we won't get any. we tried to get AK dont havbut he never showed interest in AU.  I don't have unfit on Foster but I do know unless something drastic has happened recently with AK we didn't stand a chance

Wow.  Punctuation is your friend!!!  Sadly, I also suffer from "dont havbut".  It's difficult to keep my pants up, even with a belt!

Sorry, PJM.  I couldn't resist.  War Eagle!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Alvin Kamara is part is the package we won't get any. we tried to get AK dont havbut he never showed interest in AU.  I don't have unfit on Foster but I do know unless something drastic has happened recently with AK we didn't stand a chance

At Auburn's choice. We have not recruited him hard. I am not worried about Kamara or the package deal for that matter. I don't think the complete package happens. I think Gawga gets all but Foster. I still say Foster to Auburn.

I think Auburn is going to end up getting Foster and Matthews while UGA gets Kamara and Wiggins, tbh. But who knows?

At Auburn's choice. We have not recruited him hard. I am not worried about Kamara or the package deal for that matter. I don't think the complete package happens. I think Gawga gets all but Foster. I still say Foster to Auburn.

I think Auburn is going to end up getting Foster and Matthews while UGA gets Kamara and Wiggins, tbh. But who knows?

I did hear that we've picked up our interest in Wiggins big time. Started about the same time that article on rivals came out with him saying he was going to make sure he made the right choice

I agree that we don't have much of a chance with AK or SW. I'd be thrilled if we got TM or RF but I think UGA still holds a slight advantage on those 2. JMO

I did hear that we've picked up our interest in Wiggins big time. Started about the same time that article on rivals came out with him saying he was going to make sure he made the right choice

I do think the coaches like Wiggins, though he's not got the length that Martinez seems to want in his cornerbacks. I almost said that he was kind of a toss up, and I would be far less surprised to see him sign with AU than Kamara...but truthfully, all four are exceptionally gifted athletes, so it's kinda hard to go wrong with any of them.

Well, it doesn't really make sense for Auburn to take a speed back unless it's a Kamara-type deal, because we have two sophomores and a freshman who fit that mold, yet there has been plenty of speculation that we are, indeed, looking to add a speed back and a power back. Now, I have strong suspicions that it is indeed purely speculation due to people wanting Auburn to take two running backs, but I really don't know.

That having been said, I don't think Kamara's choice is going to affect Foster or Matthews.

1.  Is AU really pushing for Dye right now?  Seems like a good fit and would rather him wear AU gear than UTsucksville.

2.  AK can do so much for a team that even though he may be similar to a back or two already playing for AU, you still take him if you can get him, but that's obvious.

3.  The current AU depth chart and type of backs on that depth chart is possibly what lead AK to always look elsewhere.  Just part of the recruiting landscape.

4.  There is a video and an audio interview with all three where they said they REALLy want to play together.  AK isn't part of the "Fab 5" thing but only because he is being recruited strictly on offense.  Otherwise, the three have grown really close and even though he is another that UTsucksville thinks they have a shot with (along with Alabummer), he wants to play with one if not both TM and RF.

Phillip Marshall predicts Foster and Matthews to uga.  Last week, Brian Matthews predicted Foster to Auburn.  Looks like 247 isn't even on the same page.

Well, it doesn't really make sense for Auburn to take a speed back unless it's a Kamara-type deal, because we have two sophomores and a freshman who fit that mold, yet there has been plenty of speculation that we are, indeed, looking to add a speed back and a power back. Now, I have strong suspicions that it is indeed purely speculation due to people wanting Auburn to take two running backs, but I really don't know.

That having been said, I don't think Kamara's choice is going to affect Foster or Matthews.

1.  Is AU really pushing for Dye right now?  Seems like a good fit and would rather him wear AU gear than UTsucksville.

2.  AK can do so much for a team that even though he may be similar to a back or two already playing for AU, you still take him if you can get him, but that's obvious.

3.  The current AU depth chart and type of backs on that depth chart is possibly what lead AK to always look elsewhere.  Just part of the recruiting landscape.

4.  There is a video and an audio interview with all three where they said they REALLy want to play together.  AK isn't part of the "Fab 5" thing but only because he is being recruited strictly on offense.  Otherwise, the three have grown really close and even though he is another that UTsucksville thinks they have a shot with (along with Alabummer), he wants to play with one if not both TM and RF.

I smell a dawg lurker.

IMO your answers to your questions:

1) yes, the coaches are pushing hard for Dye

2) I do not believe that AUB will take AK. I believe AUB theory on RBs is they want bigger backs with good speed. AK is more of a OM back. Not to say that we would not take him, but I think they have their eyes on few other targets more appealling.

3) Just because 2-4 18 yr old kids say they want to all play on the same team does not guarentee that any school would sacrifice team needs just to keep kids together. IMO, if the team is not in need of 1 or 2 of those kids then why should they take him when they have other holes to fill and other kids that could fill those needs wanting to come play for you.

Phillip Marshall predicts Foster and Matthews to uga.  Last week, Brian Matthews predicted Foster to Auburn.  Looks like 247 isn't even on the same page.

So the race is on.....  and the best part about this race is that bama is falling behind!!!!  :zapbama:

Wiggins goes where TM goes and vice versa.  That's why Dawgnation raised an eyebrow when Wiggins visited UF.  Things calmed down though when Shaq came out afterwards and said he really liked his visit there but was still 100% UGA.

So the race is on.....   and the best part about this race is that bama is falling behind!!!!   :zapbama:

Freaking hate Bama!

I smell a dawg lurker.

That's nice.  I usually don't mention where my loyalties are just because when I get on a site like this, I would rather just have some great recruiting conversation and share info back and forth and often when you go on a rival site, if you announce who you are right away, the option for "great recruiting conversation" goes out the window.  I have a lot of info that I am willing to share and some that I am not but much of what I know came straight from the horses mouth.

Wiggins goes where TM goes and vice versa.  That's why Dawgnation raised an eyebrow when Wiggins visited UF.  Things calmed down though when Shaq came out afterwards and said he really liked his visit there but was still 100% UGA.

Sure about that???????  :dunno:

Sure about that???????   :dunno:

Yup .. Shaq is all Dawg.  And sure, I know you can only go by what the kids say and anything can happen in recruiting.  But this kid is as good of a recruiter for the Dawgs as some of the coaches.

Yup .. Shaq is all Dawg.  And sure, I know you can only go by what the kids say and anything can happen in recruiting.  But this kid is as good of a recruiter for the Dawgs as some of the coaches.

Not sure if either are all dawgs, to early in the game to predict that.  Afterall, they sure spend a lot of time talking about other schools...just saying

Not sure if either are all dawgs, to early in the game to predict that.  Afterall, they sure spend a lot of time talking about other schools...just saying

Don't they all?  I mean, Trey Johnson is coming to DawgNight but I wouldn't bet a gameroom token that he flips to the Dawgs.

one thing I just thought about was I remember everyone at the Rivals 5* challenge talking about how all Reuben talks about is Auburn. Plus Matthews "owed Foster a visit to AU". So it's possible Matthews talked Foster into UGA, but it's also possible that the opposite happened. From what I hear, they've told both AU players/recruits and UGA players/recruits that they're going to their schools. Should be fun to follow.

one thing I just thought about was I remember everyone at the Rivals 5* challenge talking about how all Reuben talks about is Auburn. Plus Matthews "owed Foster a visit to AU". So it's possible Matthews talked Foster into UGA, but it's also possible that the opposite happened. From what I hear, they've told both AU players/recruits and UGA players/recruits that they're going to their schools. Should be fun to follow.

Let the games begin....agree with you KK

Two things stood out for Dawg fans regarding RF .. first, he went to Athens multiple times in June, once without Tray even being there and I believe it was that time that he even threw Bo Scarborough (please steal him from Bama) in the car to take with him.  After that trip, his comments (I believe on 247 or ESPN) created a lot of buzz in Athens.  Second, his conversation with 2014 LB Raekwon McMillan about the two playing together included UGA only.  Most were just happy that Bama wasn't mentioned.

Let the games begin....agree with you KK

Oh the joy of trying to predict what goes through a 17 year old's mind.  A friend of mine is dating Shaq's cousin and has a lot of one on one time with him.  Let's just say the cryptic messages I get in return challenge my "Riddle me this" skills.

Out of fairness to both BM & PM, and their respective focuses as it relates to their coverages for 247, I don't think you will find anyone on the same page as it relates to RF and recruiting at the moment. No one knows. KK on here has changed his tune over the course of the last week.

Two things stood out for Dawg fans regarding RF .. first, he went to Athens multiple times in June, once without Tray even being there and I believe it was that time that he even threw Bo Scarborough (please steal him from Bama) in the car to take with him.  After that trip, his comments (I believe on 247 or ESPN) created a lot of buzz in Athens.  Second, his conversation with 2014 LB Raekwon McMillan about the two playing together included UGA only.  Most were just happy that Bama wasn't mentioned.

You won't win the "visit battle" for Reuben. That kid has been in AU's athletic dept building about as much as the players themselves.

I smell a dawg lurker.

That's nice.  I usually don't mention where my loyalties are just because when I get on a site like this, I would rather just have some great recruiting conversation and share info back and forth and often when you go on a rival site, if you announce who you are right away, the option for "great recruiting conversation" goes out the window.  I have a lot of info that I am willing to share and some that I am not but much of what I know came straight from the horses mouth.

No offense. You are very civil in your posts. It's just that you are saying the same things many people in the Dawg Nation are saying on TD and it gets old. We get it. UGA feels good because Foster visited them twice in 2 weeks. Well guess what he already visited Auburn twice in ten days. He was there for Big Cat Weekend even though it was not reported nationally and brought Matthews with him to see Auburn ten days later. UGA has every right to feel good but I feel just as good about Foster because I trust KK and his sources and he still feels Foster to AU after the trip to Athens.

Out of fairness to both BM & PM, and their respective focuses as it relates to their coverages for 247, I don't think you will find anyone on the same page as it relates to RF and recruiting at the moment. No one knows. KK on here has changed his tune over the course of the last week.

Yes, just shows the fluidity of the recruiting process.  It always rubs me wrong when someone makes an absolute statement about a kid that is obviously in play for several schools.  Things change so quickly.

Archived