2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Well if Foster does go to UGA that is a lot of Auburn Underarmour gear to just give away. That stuff isn't cheap.

Under Armour pays Auburn to wear their gear; something tells me the athletics department gets it for free. However, I think I heard that he bought all of that gear on his own, in which case your statement stands.

Either way, I feel very good about Foster, and as such I feel pretty danged good about Matthews as well.

if he actually paid for all of that then that says it right there!!!  :we:

That's all "Visit" Gear .. he didn't pay for it

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Foster does go to UGA that is a lot of Auburn Underarmour gear to just give away. That stuff isn't cheap.

Under Armour pays Auburn to wear their gear; something tells me the athletics department gets it for free. However, I think I heard that he bought all of that gear on his own, in which case your statement stands.

Either way, I feel very good about Foster, and as such I feel pretty danged good about Matthews as well.

Read what red posted

WROOOOOOONG......AU can't give them gear like that. The only gear AU would allow players to wear would be an Auburn jersey that they can wear for pictures, but are not allowed to keep and it cannot have their names on them.

WROOOOOOONG......AU can't give them gear like that. The only gear AU would allow players to wear would be an Auburn jersey that they can wear for pictures, but are not allowed to keep and it cannot have their names on them.

You haven't proven a point yet though.  No one said he kept it, the pic doesn't show him walking out with it.  You think all the kids that have pics of themselves from Bama, UGA, UF and others bought that gear?  No, and neither did RF.  I know someone CLOSE to Reuben.  If he chooses AU, it will be with TM and SW btw.

You haven't proven a point yet though.  No one said he kept it, the pic doesn't show him walking out with it.  You think all the kids that have pics of themselves from Bama, UGA, UF and others bought that gear?  No, and neither did RF.  I know someone CLOSE to Reuben.  If he chooses AU, it will be with TM and SW btw.

"The only gear AU would allow players to wear would be an Auburn jersey that they can wear for pictures, but are not allowed to keep and it cannot have their names on them."

Not only would they not be allowed to keep it, if what KK says is true (and I have no reason to doubt him, because he knows a lot of people CLOSE to Auburn), he wouldn't even be able to wear it.

"The only gear AU would allow players to wear would be an Auburn jersey that they can wear for pictures, but are not allowed to keep and it cannot have their names on them."

Not only would they not be allowed to keep it, if what KK says is true (and I have no reason to doubt him, because he knows a lot of people CLOSE to Auburn), he wouldn't even be able to wear it.

SO then you're saying that Tray bought his too?  Listen, not trying to put the negative out there but I have a little more info on Reuben than most.  Like the fact that he isn't completely set on playing his senior year at Auburn High either.  I want to see him flip from the Seventh Level of Hades known as Bama as much as anyone but I don't think speculating over the ownership of some gear he has in an uOV pic is going to be the determining factor.

:zapbama:

SO then you're saying that Tray bought his too?  Listen, not trying to put the negative out there but I have a little more info on Reuben than most.  Like the fact that he isn't completely set on playing his senior year at Auburn High either.  I want to see him flip from the Seventh Level of Hades known as Bama as much as anyone but I don't think speculating over the ownership of some gear he has in an uOV pic is going to be the determining factor.

Look they give them a jersey to wear for the visit but the other picture is what we were talking about where RF is all decked out in AU gear that he purchased!!!  :banghead:

Look they give them a jersey to wear for the visit but the other picture is what we were talking about where RF is all decked out in AU gear that he purchased!!!  :banghead:

Wow, I have hear of people having a close contact but people with access to a recruit's closet ..  :o

It's all good dude. 

Wow, I have hear of people having a close contact but people with access to a recruit's closet ..  :o

It's all good dude. 

You've got problems bro  :laugh:

Not doubting your info man......BUT

somewhere ITT there are pics of Reuben walking around with those pants, shoes and the undershirt under the jersey and they're all Auburn gear. Auburn is not allowed to give out "visit gear" for the players to keep and walk around wearing. They're allowed to let the players wear those jerseys (can't put their names on them because that is part of the "not allowed to simulate a game experience" rule), but they are not allowed to keep the jerseys for themselves.

I know what you're talking about and I think we're agreeing with each other and don't know it. That "visit gear" is  just a jersey. That's it. That's what they're given at UF, Bama, UGA, AU, etc. etc. But they don't get to keep the jerseys.

It's all good dude. 

You're so caught up in what clothes a 17 year old owns or doesn't and yet I have problems?  Interesting. :dunno:

It's all good dude. 

I am almost scared to make this point but there are pics of Foster in the student union wearing all that Auburn gear except for a different Auburn shirt instead of the jersey. The only thing Auburn Trey wore was the Jersey.

somewhere ITT there are pics of Reuben walking around with those pants, shoes and the undershirt under the jersey and they're all Auburn gear. Auburn is not allowed to give out "visit gear" for the players to keep and walk around wearing. They're allowed to let the players wear those jerseys (can't put their names on them because that is part of the "not allowed to simulate a game experience" rule), but they are not allowed to keep the jerseys for themselves.

I know what you're talking about and I think we're agreeing with each other and don't know it. That "visit gear" is  just a jersey. That's it. That's what they're given at UF, Bama, UGA, AU, etc. etc. But they don't get to keep the jerseys.

I hear ya and heck, I think even the shoes in that pic said AU if you look close enough.  I know a little about the kids background too and he isn't exactly well off .. The hard part for AU to pull him is his relationship with Tray, more than even with Alvin (who from what I have seen/heard from AK isn't even being recruited hard by AU).  He and Tray go back many years and I think Tray and his family handle the recruiting stuff a lot better than RF so his influence really matters.  Like I said, if AU can pull it off, they get RF, TM, SW and maybe another.

It's all good dude. 

You're so caught up in what clothes a 17 year old owns or doesn't and yet I have problems?  Interesting. :dunno:

Look we were just pointing out the fact that he purchased that much AU gear that it had to mean something. We don't need ur negativity cause we don't need that here. That's what we do is speculate on these recruiting boards so take it or leave it

It's all good dude. 

Look we were just pointing out the fact that he purchased that much AU gear that it had to mean something. We don't need ur negativity cause we don't need that here. That's what we do is speculate on these recruiting boards so take it or leave it

There is a difference between negativity and objectivity.  Like when UGA says they are working on Trey Johnson.  They can work on him but he ain't going anywhere.  That's objectivity. 

It's all good dude. 

There is a difference between negativity and objectivity.  Like when UGA says they are working on Trey Johnson.  They can work on him but he ain't going anywhere.  That's objectivity. 

Ok see the point  :we:

I hear ya and heck, I think even the shoes in that pic said AU if you look close enough.  I know a little about the kids background too and he isn't exactly well off .. The hard part for AU to pull him is his relationship with Tray, more than even with Alvin (who from what I have seen/heard from AK isn't even being recruited hard by AU).  He and Tray go back many years and I think Tray and his family handle the recruiting stuff a lot better than RF so his influence really matters.  Like I said, if AU can pull it off, they get RF, TM, SW and maybe another.

I agree on the relationship between the two, and you seem to know him personally, but Reuben has always struck me as more of the "I'm gonna go where I choose to go and try to get others to follow ME". At least that's the vibe I've gotten.

It just depends on who has more pull maybe? Because if you recall the quote from Matthews a while back, he "owed Reuben a visit to Auburn". So basically Foster was recruiting him as well, at that point.

Who knows really, but I'll be glad when it's all over.

I agree on the relationship between the two, and you seem to know him personally, but Reuben has always struck me as more of the "I'm gonna go where I choose to go and try to get others to follow ME". At least that's the vibe I've gotten.

It just depends on who has more pull maybe? Because if you recall the quote from Matthews a while back, he "owed Reuben a visit to Auburn". So basically Foster was recruiting him as well, at that point.

Who knows really, but I'll be glad when it's all over.

So will Reuben

I love how the last three pages have been discussions about recruits wardrobes.... It is only July.... We really need football season to get here or I do at least haha!

:we:

I love how the last three pages have been discussions about recruits wardrobes.... It is only July.... We really need football season to get here or I do at least haha!

:we:

Exactly .. this is what recruiting pages are left with in June/July ... I think after Dawgnight, UGA, AU and UA will know  a little more about where they each stand.

If Alvin Kamara is part is the package we won't get any. we tried to get AK dont havbut he never showed interest in AU.  I don't have unfit on Foster but I do know unless something drastic has happened recently with AK we didn't stand a chance

If Alvin Kamara is part is the package we won't get any. we tried to get AK dont havbut he never showed interest in AU.  I don't have unfit on Foster but I do know unless something drastic has happened recently with AK we didn't stand a chance

Well, it doesn't really make sense for Auburn to take a speed back unless it's a Kamara-type deal, because we have two sophomores and a freshman who fit that mold, yet there has been plenty of speculation that we are, indeed, looking to add a speed back and a power back. Now, I have strong suspicions that it is indeed purely speculation due to people wanting Auburn to take two running backs, but I really don't know.

That having been said, I don't think Kamara's choice is going to affect Foster or Matthews.

At Auburn's choice. We have not recruited him hard. I am not worried about Kamara or the package deal for that matter. I don't think the complete package happens. I think Gawga gets all but Foster. I still say Foster to Auburn.

Archived