2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Yeah as nice as the person was, it was kind of annoying to have a uga fan in the recruiting thread for RF. Confused the heck out of me for awhile.

Yeah. In fact, he was so nice he was mistaken for an Auburn fan more than once!

:laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he was nice, but you know how that could change from one post to the next. What makes this site so cool is we don't hafta bicker with other fan bases. War Eagle.

Yeah he was nice, but you know how that could change from one post to the next. What makes this site so cool is we don't hafta bicker with other fan bases. War Eagle.

Agreed.

:we:

i am confused how IF they commit to UGAly we dont lose? its like saying that a team didnt lose a game because they never lead the game. at the end of the day if you dont win then you lose no matter if the player was ever committed to you or not.

i am confused how IF they commit to UGAly we dont lose? its like saying that a team didnt lose a game because they never lead the game. at the end of the day if you dont win then you lose no matter if the player was ever committed to you or not.

You can't lose what you don't have.  None of those guys are currently committed to us.

You can't lose what you don't have.  None of those guys are currently committed to us.

explain to me this then, if a team plays in a game and never has the lead at any point should it be considered a loss? because they never had the win. or should it be considered a loss because they were apart of the game, just like we are a part of the game(recruitment) of RF?

explain to me this then, if a team plays in a game and never has the lead at any point should it be considered a loss? because they never had the win. or should it be considered a loss because they were apart of the game, just like we are a part of the game(recruitment) of RF?

If you are bound & determined to consider it a "loss" if we don't get Foster, then it's closer to my 401(k) losses than a sporting game.  Yeah, I may have lost money on my investments, but those are unrealized losses and that "loss" has no impact on my present situation.

Or it could be like those goofy NASCAR drivers, they showed up to race but it got canceled because they're in capable of driving in the rain.  There's no loss because you didn't race.

I can't stop you from acting like Chicken Little, but I maintain you can't lose something you don't have.

He also says he talks to coach Troop all the time, and he is one of our best recruiters. And I can't get over how his first visit made him say that he loved the visit and he really had to think about things, and now on his next visit he's bringing his father. Kk also feels really good about Foster. We really are in a good position I think. War Eagle!

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but the source of the article was mentioned only as BSPN, and failed to mentioned that it came from DawgNation, written by Kipp Adams, a former Rivals uga beat writer.  That reference should have been made to put this whole news in proper context.  If I overlooked that, both here and in the Trey Matthews, I apologize.  Also, much if not all of the article content appears to have been pulled from other reports;  there is really very little, if anything, new here that I can see, and I believe the sentence regarding Kamara and Wiggins may have been some editoralizing on the writer's part.  With that said, I believe most of your comments and analyses are directly on point, and if anything, fuel my optimism.

If you are bound & determined to consider it a "loss" if we don't get Foster, then it's closer to my 401(k) losses than a sporting game.  Yeah, I may have lost money on my investments, but those are unrealized losses and that "loss" has no impact on my present situation.

Or it could be like those goofy NASCAR drivers, they showed up to race but it got canceled because they're in capable of driving in the rain.  There's no loss because you didn't race.

I can't stop you from acting like Chicken Little, but I maintain you can't lose something you don't have.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Y'all are hilarious. We prohibit of the fans from other teams on AE so that we don't have to bicker with them -- and so we can bicker among ourselves!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You lose a game even if you never had the lead because it's not the lead you're losing, it's the game. In this case, it's not about losing what you never had, so that's not a good counter-example.

But we'll never get back the time it took us to worry about this stuff.

:tease:

im only 19 so i dont no about 401(k)s yet so ill ignore that one and focus on the nascar one. no that would not be a lose because there was no race, no winner. if RF decided that he no longer wanted to play football and just went to college for an education and never played football then it wouldnt be a lose. but if there is a winner then there is a loser and we would become just as much of a loser as alabama in that situation. we recruited him just as much if not more than alabama so they lost more than us because he was "committed"? im sorry that just makes no since to me. i see it just as a way for our fans to not care that we didnt get one of the best players in years class.

im only 19 so i dont no about 401(k)s yet so ill ignore that one and focus on the nascar one. no that would not be a lose because there was no race, no winner. if RF decided that he no longer wanted to play football and just went to college for an education and never played football then it wouldnt be a lose. but if there is a winner then there is a loser and we would become just as much of a loser as alabama in that situation. we recruited him just as much if not more than alabama so they lost more than us because he was "committed"? im sorry that just makes no since to me. i see it just as a way for our fans to not care that we didnt get one of the best players in years class.

Do I want RF to come to Auburn? Absolutely

Am I counting on him to sign with Auburn? Nope

Do I expect to see RF in Tuscaloosa playing for the Turds? I sure do, he's currently committed to them.

Do I see the TJ Yeldon flip as a loss?  I sure do.  He was committed to us and we lost him.

I don't know about you, but I've never lost something I didn't have in the first place.

I typically don't pay attention to recruiting until NSD.  Primarily because 17-19 year old kids don't know what they're doing from 1 minute to the next plus if they're not wearing Auburn orange & blue, I don't give a rat's behind about them.

Do I want RF to come to Auburn? Absolutely

Am I counting on him to sign with Auburn? Nope

Do I expect to see RF in Tuscaloosa playing for the Turds? I sure do, he's currently committed to them.

Do I see the TJ Yeldon flip as a loss?  I sure do.  He was committed to us and we lost him.

I don't know about you, but I've never lost something I didn't have in the first place.

I typically don't pay attention to recruiting until NSD.  Primarily because 17-19 year old kids don't know what they're doing from 1 minute to the next plus if they're not wearing Auburn orange & blue, I don't give a rat's behind about them.

I'm at a loss regarding how to proceed .... I'm guessing y'all are lost souls on this one. Not losers, mind you. I just hope you don't lose any sleep over this.

This shows that "loss" is a word we use in all sorts of different ways in different situations. It can mean more than one thing. It doesn't have to be settled which way is the correct way to use it in this case. If y'all want to continue the debate, it's your loss.

By the way, KK says we are likely to get Foster. WIN!

:thumbsup:

A lesson I learned long ago: Don't lose sleep over something you have no control over.  :laugh:

I'm just passing the time here on a very slow workday. :dunno:

A lesson I learned long ago: Don't lose sleep over something you have no control over.  :laugh:

Yeah, I'm just teasing. You're not the one who may be losing sleep about it, imo.

;)

A couple of months ago I lost $565,000,000.   I didn't win the lottery so I lost all that money.   :rolleyes:

Wow ... that must really sting. Now I understand your new profile pic.

:laugh:

See!  You say don't lose sleep but yet you didn't win sleep, so I consider any time spent as losing sleep.  in the game of sleep you either win or you lose so you are just losing sleep right now...unless of course you are asleep.

:P :P :P

BTW, I'm on your side regarding the "You can't lose something you never had"

Archived