2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

It makes me less worried that kk says uga should be very worried.

from what I know this should be a positive for AU.....HOWEVER, you never know. There are a LOT of moving pieces and players in this one. It wouldn't surprise me too bad either way it goes.

One thing is for sure, us losing out on Foster is way less pain than UGA losing Foster, Matthews, Wiggins and probably Glass.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get what you're saying, but if he is going by that article, it sounds like Bama and AU should be worried.

I don't see what we have to be worried about.  If they all go to Bama or UGA, we've lost nothing.  Neither of those kids is currently committed to us.

good point, regardless of where Foster goes, I don't want to lose Matthews. Dude can hit hard as heck.

We can't lose Matthews, we don't currently have him...unless you're a thUGA fan.

Obviously I'm a UGA fan :laugh: but not here to troll, just here to talk recruiting. :bananadance:

Well at least you admitted you are uga fan........

from what I know this should be a positive for AU.....HOWEVER, you never know. There are a LOT of moving pieces and players in this one. It wouldn't surprise me too bad either way it goes.

One thing is for sure, us losing out on Foster is way less pain than UGA losing Foster, Matthews, Wiggins and probably Glass.

You are soooo right kk!!!

It would hurt to lose those 3, our DB's keep screwing up and getting in trouble. The thing in the article that sticks out to me is that Matthews said his family knows which is best, and if they're all like his mom, that would be UGA.

I know it's a long time. I'm encouraged that you're encouraged. Is there much chance we get all 4? I don't know if Wiggins is on the radar.

I would be shocked if we got all 4, but then who would have thought Buster Douglas would have beaten Mike Tyson....

I know it's a long time. I'm encouraged that you're encouraged. Is there much chance we get all 4? I don't know if Wiggins is on the radar.

It would hurt to lose those 3, our DB's keep screwing up and getting in trouble. The thing in the article that sticks out to me is that Matthews said his family knows which is best, and if they're all like his mom, that would be UGA.

We don't have any of those three so really we wouldn't be losing them IF they stay with their commitments or flip elsewhere.

we've picked up our recruitment of Wiggins a lot, fwih.

Guest Tigereagle03

What gets me is we havent recruited alvin.. Bama and uga have.. I think they all end up at uga.

Not necessarily. She might be disappointed if he chooses AU, since she is a Georgia fan; but even she might know it's best for him to become an Auburn Tiger.

War Eagle, Baby!

We don't have any of those three so really we wouldn't be losing them IF they stay with their commitments or flip elsewhere.

When D4L says 'we', he means Georgia.

Not necessarily. She might be disappointed if he chooses AU, since she is a Georgia fan; but even she might know it's best for him to become an Auburn Tiger.

War Eagle, Baby!

Momma loves Richt and how much he cares about the players. But we will find out in a month where they go. :hellyeah:

War Eagle, Baby!

Momma loves Richt and how much he cares about the players. But we will find out in a month where they go. :hellyeah:

Richt has dramatically underperformed, however, and they probably know that as well. Recruiting well isn't something new at UGA. Yet, they consistently don't win championships. These kids know that Richt was on the hot seat headed into this year and if UGA doesn't win the East again he'll be back on the hot seat until he can get to a BCS championship game.

War Eagle, Baby!

Richt has dramatically underperformed, however, and they probably know that as well. Recruiting well isn't something new at UGA. Yet, they consistently don't win championships. These kids know that Richt was on the hot seat headed into this year and if UGA doesn't win the East again he'll be back on the hot seat until he can get to a BCS championship game.

completely agree, the biggest attraction is probably Grantham, and the fact that UGA puts out players into the NFL even if they can't win a championship.

War Eagle, Baby!

It's also hard to argue that anyone loves their players and is more on their side than Coach Chizik.

War Eagle, Baby!

completely agree, the biggest attraction is probably Grantham, and the fact that UGA puts out players into the NFL even if they can't win a championship.

And then we have Coach VanGorder ....

Just about every SEC school can boast about putting players into the NFL...

War Eagle, Baby!

:laugh: I wasn't saying anything bad about Auburn. I think KK was wondering what the attraction was.

It would hurt to lose those 3, our DB's keep screwing up and getting in trouble.

How do you figure that?

War Eagle, Baby!

:laugh: I wasn't saying anything bad about Auburn. I think KK was wondering what the attraction was.

Oh, I know you weren't criticizing Auburn. I'm just saying that our D coaches now have a very good response to anyone else who says that they get their players in the NFL. We'll see how that response works against Bama, too.

It would hurt to lose those 3, our DB's keep screwing up and getting in trouble.

How do you figure that?

I don't mean to call you out, D4L -- it's actually been really nice to talk football with a Georgia fan in a civil manner. I used to think that's sort of how the rivalry went, until I lived in Atlanta for 12 years. Toward the end of my time there, the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry started going south, at least between the fans.

But for the benefit of all those who keep getting confused by your use of 'we':

D4L is a Dawg, not a Tiger!

and gone.

Yeah, I figured that might happen.  ;)

Seriously, though -- even though it's a policy I support, D4L was fine. Probably best to end it on a high note, though.

:we:

Archived