2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Next week we'll be saying he's ours....again. I'm not gonna worry till he officially signs somewhere. But after Mathews visited us last time he loved us and said he had a lot of thinking to do, because he didn't know Auburn would be so great. His mom loved Auburn too. Damn they sent pics on twitter wearing our jerseys, so we have as good a chance as UGA, probably better . War Eagle my friends.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week we'll be saying he's ours....again. I'm not gonna worry till he officially signs somewhere. But after Mathews visited us last time he loved us and said he had a lot of thinking to do, because he didn't know Auburn would be so great. His mom loved Auburn too. Damn they sent pics on twitter wearing our jerseys, so we have as good a chance as UGA, probably better . War Eagle my friends.

Darn right, without question we have just as good a chance as UGA. That's a fact.

On ESPN

ATHENS, Ga. -- Running back Bo Scarbrough (Tuscaloosa, Ala./North Ridge) hitched a ride to the University of Georgia with the unlikeliest of travel companions on Friday. The class of 2014 standout made the trip from Tuscaloosa to Athens with ESPN 150 Alabama commit Reuben Foster (Auburn, Ala./Auburn). Foster, who normally destroys running backs, went out of his way to help Scarbrough visit Georgia.

“He had never been to Athens before so I said, ‘Let’s go.’ ” Foster said. “He had a great time. He is going to be a beast.”

Guest EagleDamnWar

From the ESPN UGA chat:

The real scoop is that, as always Reuben enjoyed his visit and really likes the coaching staff at Georgia. He has developed really strong relationships with Coach Richt, Coach Lilly, Coach Olivadotti and Coach Grantham, but the problem is that he has done the same at Auburn and Alabama.He is truly torn with his decision, but as long as he remains committed to Alabama, they are the team to beat.

Reuben might love to joke around, but one thing Reuben is not doing is playing games with anyone. He is faced with one of the toughest decisions of his life, and he sees a chance to make an impact at three SEC programs. He has to find out for himself which one he feels he has the best chance to succeed at.

I would say Alabama for Foster because that is who he is committed to, but it is so close between UGA Alabama and Auburn right now that it would likely be a 40-30-30 split. I would give Georgia the edge for Kamara at the moment. Not going to predict either commit at Dawg Night, but anything could happen if UGA is able to get both on campus for Georgia's biggest recruiting event of the summer.

RF is having fun with this and I just like the guy. He's funny. I am glad that he is making the most of the recruiting process and having a blast. You only get one chance at it. Regardless of which school he signs with, you gotta love his personality.

RF is having fun with this and I just like the guy. He's funny. I am glad that he is making the most of the recruiting process and having a blast. You only get one chance at it. Regardless of which school he signs with, you gotta love his personality.

He's funny and, from the time I've been around him, is very respectful. 

Seems like GA is leading and every time he goes there you hear about it being a great trip but when he comes to our campus we hear about him eating lol. I think if we don't get him and he's in our own back yard then something is wrong  :dunno:

Seems like GA is leading and every time he goes there you hear about it being a great trip but when he comes to our campus we hear about him eating lol. I think if we don't get him and he's in our own back yard then something is wrong  :dunno:

I disagree that anything is wrong if we miss on him. Considering that he has lived in auburn for a couple of months I don't think it makes a ton of difference...

Yeah I just hate that it is down to us and our two biggest rivals. It is a major lose-lose if we don't get him because we will still have to play him every single year and one of our rivals will have one-uped us. I am still maintaining that neutral level of excitement. The last two weeks have changed back and forth so much there is no telling what will ultimately happen. I just don't get the appeal of uga, bammer is a bunch of tools but they at least win. At least we know our D-line is going to be phenominal and that they are working on flipping RF as hard as anyone right now.

Director of 247 recruiting (J.C. Shurbutt) said today on 97.2 the zone (birmingham) that he feels Reuben will ultimately be an AU Tiger.  Said to not pay attention to anything until national signing day.

Foster is comibg to Auburn unless something drastic happens which it won't.  Reuben is a better friend with luper and liner than he is matthews.

This is something funny I found in a co-workers email to his dad.  They are both huge Turds.

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 10:19 AM

To: Redneck, Tommy

Subject: RE:

Yeah, I agree! I really don’t want him to go to the Barn, but if goes, he goes. I think with Twitter and all the recruiting sites, these guys are becoming too full of themselves anyway. Give me a guy like Eddie Williams who knows where he wants to go and just wants to get there and work. As we see with a lot of the “high maintenance” guys like Crowell, Sistrunk, etc., etc. they sometimes are not nearly as good as all the hype! We will survive with or without RF! RTR!

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 9:33 AM

To: Redneck, Timmy

Subject: RE:

AS FOR THE QB I’M NOT SURE IF HE HAD A SCHOLLY AT STATE OR NOT. KEITH NIEBUHR FROM 247 SAYS SINCE CLEMPSON OFFERED ALL HIS BUDDIES THAT HE’S 99.9% SURE HE’LL STICK WITH THEM, AND I’M OKAY WITH THAT. I’VE MOVED ON. I’VE DEFENDED REUBEN ALL ALONG BUT IF ALL THIS $**t ABOUT HIM KEEPS COMING UP I’M GOIN TO TELL HIM TO GET THE F*** OUT, TOO.

I think they are starting to lose is big time and get vey delusional as well.

It is just like the Turds to compare Foster to Crowell even though RF has done anything to even be in the same category.

:beatmullet:

He's funny and, from the time I've been around him, is very respectful. 

RF wants to know why he is funny.  He wants to know if you think he is some 5 star linebacker clown here to amuse you.  He wants to know what makes him so funny.

Foster is comibg to Auburn unless something drastic happens which it won't.  Reuben is a better friend with luper and liner than he is matthews.

Would not bank on that!!

Would not bank on that!!

I would.

Would not bank on that!!

I would.

Think that is a hopeful thought....

It's refreshing to see a young guy go through the recruiting process without making a headgame out of it. Having fun without being disrespectfull to anyone.

Gc  Sorry buddy Foster will be an AU tiger.  My money says he has been to the atheletic xomplex and talked with our coches since he got back from thuga..  iand i would bank on him being a tiger!

Gc  Sorry buddy Foster will be an AU tiger.  My money says he has been to the atheletic xomplex and talked with our coches since he got back from thuga..  iand i would bank on him being a tiger!

I hope your moneys sources are right!?

Would not bank on that!!

Why not? :dunno:

Would not bank on that!!

I would.

Think that is a hopeful thought....

:banghead: Matthews and Foster are best friends, regardless of where he goes.

C'mon man, seriously?  RF and TM have been very close friends for a long time.  That doesn't mean they'll ultimately go to the same school, but you certainly have to consider that possibility based on what they both have reportedly said.  And if they do, let's just hope the predictions we have heard recently prove to be accurate and it is for the good guys!

Would not bank on that!!

Some people that I have a great deal of respect for with regard to recruiting information would bank on that. I don't have any inside information (though several things have since become public that I knew and didn't say until seeing them on the public boards), and I have my reservations about saying that any player who committed to another school is very likely to end up at Auburn...but Reuben Foster is very likely to end up at Auburn.

Also, I'm with herk; don't go dissing the relationship that Foster and Matthews have. The only person in Auburn that even might be on that level of friendship with him is Quan Bray, but Matthews and Foster truly seem to be close friends. Quite honestly, I think it's far more likely that Matthews ends up at Auburn than it is Foster goes to UGA.

I meant to put bray in tgere as they both from columbus. But don't underestimate his friendship with our guys either.  I am with u its more likely matthews ends up at AU than foster thuga.  Either way as of this moment foster to AU.  Matthews will visit with his father soon and hopefully we seal that deal.

Archived