2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

At least RF and his mom lives in Auburn in case he flips and the bama fans goes nuts. Thats about the safest place to be then.

I have thought about that. That is a plus for us IMO. Harder for them to get to him and his HS coach.

Took you this long to figure that out?   ;)

I am slow, but steady. Also cheap and easy.

Whatch out what you tell Bird  :laugh:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrljr

Reuben also has to take into account the mental stability of said offended fanbase. We are not talking about the cornerstone of mental health. These "people" celebrate a man who in retaliation to a post game, fixable prank, decided to commit a felony by sneaking up on two trees in the dead of night to kill them. Then tells on himself on the radio, fakes his own beating, denies it, admits it again on national TV. All because he has "too much Bama in him." He has NO TIES TO UA AT ALL!! He lived on Lake Martin, 30 minutes from Toomers.

And you expect this kid to feel safe announcing his flip to AU? You could put a moate around his mommas and it wouldn't matter.

Let Reuben flip when he feels right!

:beatmullet::zapbama:

Reuben also has to take into account the mental stability of said offended fanbase. We are not talking about the cornerstone of mental health. These "people" celebrate a man who in retaliation to a post game, fixable prank, decided to commit a felony by sneaking up on two trees in the dead of night to kill them. Then tells on himself on the radio, fakes his own beating, denies it, admits it again on national TV. All because he has "too much Bama in him." He has NO TIES TO UA AT ALL!! He lived on Lake Martin, 30 minutes from Toomers.

And you expect this kid to feel safe announcing his flip to AU? You could put a moate around his mommas and it wouldn't matter.

Let Reuben flip when he feels right!

:beatmullet::zapbama:

Everyone has crazies fwiw

At least RF and his mom lives in Auburn in case he flips and the bama fans goes nuts. Thats about the safest place to be then.

I have thought about that. That is a plus for us IMO. Harder for them to get to him and his HS coach.

screw the SOB bird

screw the SOB bird

Haha  :o

screw the SOB bird

I am neither that cheap or easy.

The wife walked by when I was typing that and she said "That Bird should be so lucky". (not really, she just rolled her eyes, but I know that is what she was thinking)

screw the SOB bird

I am neither that cheap or easy.

The wife walked by when I was typing that and she said "That Bird should be so lucky". (not really, she just rolled her eyes, but I know that is what she was thinking)

debatable

I'll be totally honest, here: I'm not too keen on a recruit saying they're committed somewhere if they're not.  This is not to suggest that Reuben isn't committed to Alabama, and if it happens that he goes there then fine (it's also not to suggest that I don't want him @ Auburn so badly I can taste it).  That said, I feel like recruits who say they're committed somewhere when they actually intend to go elsewhere at that time are essentially lying.  In fact, not essentially, they ARE lying.  

I understand these guys are under tremendous pressure, and that's not fair.  They're also extremely priveleged in their athletic ability, and that's not fair either.  Tons of kids would love to have the opportunity they have to get thousands of dollars worth of scholarship money.  As such, there seem to be burdens and benefits.  

People often talk about how these recruits don't owe anything to anyone.  When it comes down to it, though, I feel they certainly do owe quite a bit.  If to no one else, they owe it to themselves to be honest and true through this whole process.

Just my two cents.

Nick Saban, is that that you?

Just got confirmation that RF is at the AUB Athletic Building, this is HUGE!!!!!!     :tease:

Heard O-Mac was seen making him a chicken sandwich, Foster paid for his own meal. BTW. ;D

I heard he had chili cheese fries with that, but have not confirmed that yet...

I'll be totally honest, here: I'm not too keen on a recruit saying they're committed somewhere if they're not.  This is not to suggest that Reuben isn't committed to Alabama, and if it happens that he goes there then fine (it's also not to suggest that I don't want him @ Auburn so badly I can taste it).  That said, I feel like recruits who say they're committed somewhere when they actually intend to go elsewhere at that time are essentially lying.  In fact, not essentially, they ARE lying.  

I understand these guys are under tremendous pressure, and that's not fair.  They're also extremely priveleged in their athletic ability, and that's not fair either.  Tons of kids would love to have the opportunity they have to get thousands of dollars worth of scholarship money.  As such, there seem to be burdens and benefits.  

People often talk about how these recruits don't owe anything to anyone.  When it comes down to it, though, I feel they certainly do owe quite a bit.  If to no one else, they owe it to themselves to be honest and true through this whole process.

Just my two cents.

Nick Saban, is that that you?

Haha...I love it.  Way to bring this convo back down to earth and lighten it up.  After all, we all still say :wedance:

Just my two cents.

In the most genteel way that I know how to express my response, welcome to 2012. I hear what you're saying and wish for those times. Unfortunately, recruiting is more savage now than ever--even when played by the rules.

Holy cow, just saw RF ,Bigelow and KR all in Opelika today at Chick-Fil-a, what does that mean????

Holy cow, just saw RF ,Bigelow and KR all in Opelika today at Chick-Fil-a, what does that mean????

It means you tried very hard at posting humor.

Better than the soap opera that is played out everyday on this thread.....

Really? So lying about seeing three top rated recruits in Opelika is a good thing, then?

Really? So lying about seeing three top rated recruits in Opelika is a good thing, then?

This whole thread is full of sighting and gossip so what is the difference. IMO this thread has gone from truly good information to a bunch of guessing games and gossip. Trust me I want RF to flip just as much as the next AUB fan but to go on and on about photos, tweets and then the 17 pages of trying to get inside an 18 yr old's head and figure out what they are thinking. All of us know what is on the mind of any 18 yr old red blooded American young man it is.....GIRLS.....     :)

This whole thread is full of sighting and gossip so what is the difference. IMO this thread has gone from truly good information to a bunch of guessing games and gossip. Trust me I want RF to flip just as much as the next AUB fan but to go on and on about photos, tweets and then the 17 pages of trying to get inside an 18 yr old's head and figure out what they are thinking. All of us know what is on the mind of any 18 yr old red blooded American young man it is.....GIRLS.....     :)

Heck, I am in my late 40's and girls are always on my mind also. They are just older girls than when I was 18.

Heck, I am in my late 40's and girls are always on my mind also. They are just older girls than when I was 18.

True that  :thumbsup:

Tidbits from Bone on Auburn prospects. I figured I would spectate since it was free tonight. The Bammer coaches are very worried about Foster. He said Foster was saying all the right things but behind the scenes was a different story. The Bammer people are now so far out of the loop on him they still think he is an EE. I am beginning to think that even though Foster is a public Bammer commit that Bammer privately is a ways behind Auburn and Gawga at this time...He also said OJ was all Bammer and Bammer's best recruiter.

Archived