2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

if foster is flipping, he won't be saying so publicly anytime soon. There is nothing to gain by doing so. It's only more pressure if he does so at this point.

The force is strong with you.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the smart thing to do is take him at his word in that video.  AU is close so he might hang out just because it is a good place to visit the same way Corey Grant did before he enrolled in Alabama.  But it sounds likes he plans to play at Alabama and I will be very surprised if he flips.

People usually start touching their face or moving around when they are asked a question and get nervous about their answer. He was fine until he was asked about being solid to bama. But we will see.  

I think the smart thing to do is take him at his word in that video.  AU is close so he might hang out just because it is a good place to visit the same way Corey Grant did before he enrolled in Alabama.  But it sounds likes he plans to play at Alabama and I will be very surprised if he flips.

I don't remember Grant spending anywhere near the amount of time around the athletics department as Foster has been. Corey went to several games, but I don't think he was around the complex during the week at all.

I don't remember Grant spending anywhere near the amount of time around the athletics department as Foster has been. Corey went to several games, but I don't think he was around the complex during the week at all.

I think you guys are making your own case.  Corey Grant is NOW an Auburn Tiger!!

I'll be totally honest, here: I'm not too keen on a recruit saying they're committed somewhere if they're not.  This is not to suggest that Reuben isn't committed to Alabama, and if it happens that he goes there then fine (it's also not to suggest that I don't want him @ Auburn so badly I can taste it).  That said, I feel like recruits who say they're committed somewhere when they actually intend to go elsewhere at that time are essentially lying.  In fact, not essentially, they ARE lying.  

I understand these guys are under tremendous pressure, and that's not fair.  They're also extremely priveleged in their athletic ability, and that's not fair either.  Tons of kids would love to have the opportunity they have to get thousands of dollars worth of scholarship money.  As such, there seem to be burdens and benefits.  

People often talk about how these recruits don't owe anything to anyone.  When it comes down to it, though, I feel they certainly do owe quite a bit.  If to no one else, they owe it to themselves to be honest and true through this whole process.

Just my two cents.

People usually start touching their face or moving around when they are asked a question and get nervous about their answer. He was fine until he was asked about being solid to bama. But we will see.  

This

I'm not saying he's coming to Auburn but it was pretty clear that he got nervous when asked about flipping. He also tried but couldn't hide his smile when talking about Auburn. Sure, he said he was solid... But what do you expect him to say?

I'll be totally honest, here: I'm not too keen on a recruit saying they're committed somewhere if they're not.  This is not to suggest that Reuben isn't committed to Alabama, and if it happens that he goes there then fine (it's also not to suggest that I don't want him @ Auburn so badly I can taste it).  That said, I feel like recruits who say they're committed somewhere when they actually intend to go elsewhere at that time are essentially lying.  In fact, not essentially, they ARE lying.  

I understand these guys are under tremendous pressure, and that's not fair.  They're also extremely priveleged in their athletic ability, and that's not fair either.  Tons of kids would love to have the opportunity they have to get thousands of dollars worth of scholarship money.  As such, there seem to be burdens and benefits.  

People often talk about how these recruits don't owe anything to anyone.  When it comes down to it, though, I feel they certainly do owe quite a bit.  If to no one else, they owe it to themselves to be honest and true through this whole process.

Just my two cents.

Well if the Bammer nation were not so crazy and psycho kids would not have to lie.

Okay, I just watched the interview...I do think he was a little nervous when asked about flipping and such, but the thing that made me laugh was when he mentioned people bothering him and just telling them what they want to hear. Can't help but wonder if that's all there is to him still being committed to UAT.

Reading body language and based on things kk has said, he has flipped.

Also here is a things to make you go hmmm moment. This weekend at the Rivals challenge there were many tweets and pics about RF hanging with the AU commits when drills were not going on but nothing about him hanging with Bammer commits Grant Hill and OJ. Why is that?...HMMMMMM

I agree with you Ellitor. We was looking down at the ground rubbing his face kinda looking around the room when talking about Bama and his commitment, but when asked about moving to Auburn his face lit up and he couldn't stop smiling while talking about it.

Just my two cents.

Well if the Bammer nation were not so crazy and psycho kids would not have to lie.

I just can't buy that.  I realize it's crazy, but that's when you really have to keep a level head and maintain integrity.  Think Cam.  As nuts as it was, he kept his wits about him and stayed true to himself.  I loved that about the whole situation.  More kids should take a page from his book.

Well it has been said in other places. When was the last time Foster recruited for Bammer?...Nobody knows. As for Auburn, Foster was recruiting Matthews hard to AU when they visited a couple weeks ago.

Just my two cents.

I just can't buy that.  I realize it's crazy, but that's when you really have to keep a level head and maintain integrity.  Think Cam.  As nuts as it was, he kept his wits about him and stayed true to himself.  I loved that about the whole situation.  More kids should take a page from his book.

16 and 17 year old kids do not typically have your maturity and strength. It's not logical to expect them to act the way you would in that situation. Foster is a top recruit who was already committed to Bammer. Most kids super elite kids in his situation would not be to stand up to the REC pressure with 7 and a half months before they can sign an NLI if they flipped to Auburn

Just my two cents.

Yeah. They should probably not take the page that included him tossing a laptop out of his dorm window and leaving Florida in the wake of the event, though.

Cam did a lot of growing up before he ever had to deal with the pressure of that absurd media coverage. Reuben is 17. Do you remember what happened to Brent Calloway after he flipped to Auburn and before Peaches grounded him and basically forced him to sign with Bama? Do you really think that Foster needs to deal with that crap from now until February?

Just my two cents.

Yeah. They should probably not take the page that included him tossing a laptop out of his dorm window and leaving Florida in the wake of the event, though.

Cam did a lot of growing up before he ever had to deal with the pressure of that absurd media coverage. Reuben is 17. Do you remember what happened to Brent Calloway after he flipped to Auburn and before Peaches grounded him and basically forced him to sign with Bama? Do you really think that Foster needs to deal with that crap from now until February?

So is it a foregone conclusion he will not be an EE?

Just my two cents.

Yes.

Okay, I just watched the interview...I do think he was a little nervous when asked about flipping and such, but the thing that made me laugh was when he mentioned people bothering him and just telling them what they want to hear. Can't help but wonder if that's all there is to him still being committed to UAT.

It doesn't go both ways.

Just my two cents.

Yes.

Thanks! I was hoping to get this over with, one way or the other, by the start of the year. This circus will just drag out a few more months I guess.

"Do you really think that Foster needs to deal with that crap from now until February?"

Is it fair?  No.  Is that part of this whole thing?  Yes.  

Is he a seventeen year-old kid?  Yes.  Is he also in a different situation than other kids?  Yes.  

I mean, it's really hard to make this a black and white situation, because these are good kids...you don't want them to have to go through this craziness.  However, that's what this has become.  And in my opinion, a commitment is still a commitment, so you have to stay true to who you are and what you say.

At least RF and his mom live in Auburn in case he flips and the bama fans go nuts. Thats about the safest place to be then.

At least RF and his mom lives in Auburn in case he flips and the bama fans goes nuts. Thats about the safest place to be then.

I have thought about that. That is a plus for us IMO. Harder for them to get to him and his HS coach.

At least RF and his mom lives in Auburn in case he flips and the bama fans go nuts. Thats about the safest place to be then.

Unless he shops at the Opelika Walmart.  :tease:

At least RF and his mom lives in Auburn in case he flips and the bama fans goes nuts. Thats about the safest place to be then.

I have thought about that. That is a plus for us IMO. Harder for them to get to him and his HS coach.

Took you this long to figure that out?   ;)

Took you this long to figure that out?   ;)

I am slow, but steady. Also cheap and easy.

Archived