2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Reuben Foster might be the next Ray Lewis, in terms of talent. He could be the next Mike Dyer, in terms of a 5 star player who is a drama queen of sorts, though I can assure you Nick Saban and Mark Richt have no desire for that crap any more than we do.

The kid has Bama coaches telling him he can feed his family much better in the NFL by going to Bama, and win a ring or two in the process. On paper, that's easy to believe, given their recent success.

At Auburn, he gets to start as a Freshman or sophomore, and lead the rebuilding of a once dominant defense. This situation is a mess of sorts, and it will be over soon, if not tonight.

Foster may be a great talent, and I'd love to see him in orange and blue, but I'm less worried about whether we finish 5 versus 9 in the recruiting rankings, and more focused on seeing Auburn as a program with disciplined, focused players.

Amen brutha on that last paragraph

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you guys that would rather the process be over and not get THE BEST LB in this class, I got news for you. You are the problem, not Rueben Foster. If you can't handle the stresses of WATCHING recruiting, then don't keep up with it. Saying that you don't want one of the best players in the country because he changes his mind a lot is absolutely stupid. I just hope that he doesn't read this board and see this garbage and decide to flip just based on fans not wanting him. I for one like when AU wins games, so I am 100% behind Foster to AU, and I don't care if he decides the day before players report to class. I don't care if he has 20 televised decision ceremonies and then starts his own daytime talk show in the off season. WHO CARES?! As long as he comes to Auburn and helps us win football games, I'll be the first to sign up and let him give me a hard kick to the nuts if that's what it takes.

This may be the single most ignorant post in the history of the interwebz.

baub- you went a little overboard, but I loosely agree with your premise. I agree that the drama of recruiting is part of it sometimes with these kids and people saying they don't even want Reuben anymore because it's too much of a circus are not very smart IMO. He's seems like a good kid, just emotional and under a lot of stress. People shouldn't be giving up on the No.2 player in the country and be fine with letting him go to our arch enemy just because he's having hard time making up his mind.

haha whatevs. It's not going to hurt my feelings. I was exaggerating of course, but the point is the same. We should want the players that will help our team the most. A lot of this "drama" that makes some of us think "the turds can have him" is only in our heads thanks to the media. He's just doing what hundreds of athletes have done before him, changing his mind. If I had the options that he does I would probably change my mind daily (if you throw out the obvious AU bias). So, people can disagree with me all they want, but it's not going to change my opinion.

A couple of points a friend and I were discussing last night.

1) Reuben Foster enjoys messing with the fan base's heads. He likes having fun with all the attention and all of us sitting on the edge of our seats with every tweet. If you remember Cam was like that messing with Wolfson with his Cammy Cam Juice.

2) If there is any truth to what we have heard about the time he has spent at Auburn's Athletic Department in the past few months he deserves an Oscar for his performance. In short if he is playing us well done!

re: #2 - yes, he was a frequent visitor... golden globe, maybe.

Maybe?

He also has "IT" when it comes to other high profile recruits following him. I believe he has a big influence on M. Adams. He also reminds me of Cam in this regard.

Think about it. Would he really go to a school that didn't embrace his gift of leadership? Would he go to a school that wouldn't allow him to have an unscripted post game interview?

1) Reuben Foster enjoys messing with the fan base's heads. He likes having fun with all the attention and all of us sitting on the edge of our seats with every tweet. If you remember Cam was like that messing with Wolfson with his Cammy Cam Juice.

2) If there is any truth to what we have heard about the time he has spent at Auburn's Athletic Department in the past few months he deserves an Oscar for his performance. In short if he is playing us well done!

Maybe?

He also has "IT" when it comes to other high profile recruits following him. I believe he has a big influence on M. Adams. He also reminds me of Cam in this regard.

Think about it. Would he really go to a school that didn't embrace his gift of leadership? Would he go to a school that wouldn't allow him to have an unscripted post game interview?

Alright... Oscar it is!

Maybe?

You know, if the truth be known, he will get more attention here than in Tuscaloser. They'll slobber all over him at first, and unless he does a lot for them, the attention will cease.

I still have this suspicion that after tonight's announcement, another "event" will happen before he signs his LOI and everyone will be on the edge of their seats again. See, Reuben realizes that when he signs on the line which is dotted (can anyone name that movie?) he will effectively be forgotten. All recruitniks will be on to the next class. Reuben strikes me as a guy that wants to leave his mark on the recruiting landscape. I've found that the best way to predict future behaviour is to examine past behaviour.

WOW!!!! behaviour

you must be european!

Just promise me guys if he commits to the turds leave it be, everyone should be one comment about it a piece

Just one? Bet you flip your commitment on that one comment by 10pm........wink

hilarious :)

I still have this suspicion that after tonight's announcement, another "event" will happen before he signs his LOI and everyone will be on the edge of their seats again. See, Reuben realizes that when he signs on the line which is dotted (can anyone name that movie?) he will effectively be forgotten. All recruitniks will be on to the next class. Reuben strikes me as a guy that wants to leave his mark on the recruiting landscape. I've found that the best way to predict future behaviour is to examine past behaviour.

WOW!!!! behaviour

you must be european!

I'm a French model. You know it's true because you just read it on the internet, and they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. Adieu!

Per Hokanson .... Auburn feels that what ever happened Friday night has no bearing on where Foster goes . AU coaches did talk to Foster Saturday night. Feels Foster and Auburn talked today

Archived