2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

-"Can confirm Foster will pledge to UA tonight"

-"The TV announcement was pre-planned to avoid him having to pledge UA while at Auburn High School"

-"Foster remains actively working on Adams from what I'm told"

From the Bama insiders.

Well, then that sums it up... Nick Saban is a motherf$&@#%n pimp!!! He gets whatever he wants, whenever he wants it!

Hard to believe our new staff has screwed this up. He visits the coaches very frequently, he recruited for AU, and he has a huge AU on his arm...!

Little Nicky is that much better us, our coaches screwed the pooch, or he's been playing us ever since he decommitted...? Guess we'll never know?

Thats it, blame NS, Blame the current staff. Whatever you do, don't blame the lynch mob who ran the entire previous staff, with which RF had great relations, out of town. Don't do that because if you do, you might have to look in the mirror and blame someone other than RF, NS, or the current staff.

Everybody knew this was a possible consequence when they ran off the other staff (BTW, NOT saying that was the wrong thing to do, just saying...)

FWIW the former staff ran themselves off with complete program meltdown and loss of control.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot spin and speculation at this point. Don't care about the spin and the different inside scoops. It is 50/50 at best. Let's play the odds and see where he goes. The good news is around 10 tonight most of this we can get out of our system. It is like Christmas morning.....hope you get the present you were hoping for, but if you don't play with what you do get.

I have a feeling we will sign the Cunningham kid from PV.

What would we want with a sixth WR? I hope we've got better places to spend one of the few slots left. Signing an honest, no drama kid that wants to be an Auburn linebacker would be a great place to use one of those last scholarships.

Mikey, Cunningham is an OLB

Oh, my bad! Got him confused with a WR prospect. I thought the ship sailed on Zack Cunnungham?

RF's actions over the weekend and a tweet I saw attributed to Bowers makes me realize what a high risk venture it is to have a bunch of top recruits at an OV or even unofficial V at the same time. One or two prospects or even one of our players can do or say something stupid and sour the entire experience for all the other kids.

Allowing a recruit to get to know possbile future team mates before you have him signed up is a dangerous thing. JMO.

RF's actions over the weekend and a tweet I saw attributed to Bowers makes me realize what a high risk venture it is to have a bunch of top recruits at an OV or even unofficial V at the same time. One or two prospects or even one of our players can do or say something stupid and sour the entire experience for all the other kids.

Allowing a recruit to get to know possbile future team mates before you have him signed up is a dangerous thing. JMO.

What was the tweet attributed to Bowers?

I have a feeling we will sign the Cunningham kid from PV.

What would we want with a sixth WR? I hope we've got better places to spend one of the few slots left. Signing an honest, no drama kid that wants to be an Auburn linebacker would be a great place to use one of those last scholarships.

Mikey, Cunningham is an OLB

Oh, my bad! Got him confused with a WR prospect. I thought the ship sailed on Zack Cunnungham?

Just a thought if we miss on RF

When the stuff with Foster hit the fan, I started thinking that we'd put all our eggs in one basket and RF kicked the basket over. It was risky having them all in at once. It could have been great if nothing went wrong. I'm still not sure how much damage Foster did to us. Lawson and Cam Toney all posted favorable comments about the weekend.

When the stuff with Foster hit the fan, I started thinking that we'd put all our eggs in one basket and RF kicked the basket over. It was risky having them all in at once. It could have been great if nothing went wrong. I'm still not sure how much damage Foster did to us. Lawson and Cam Toney all posted favorable comments about the weekend.

Was there a reason given for his abrupt departure and overall lack of respect for AU?

Saw where it was planned and coaches knew he was going.

Im sure they did because his mom stayed back... I still have confidence because I honestly dont think they will be wasting there time on him if they dont think they can get him.

Im goin with what ST is sayin. I hope he picks us and we will see what happens. Foster is a rare breed... Hes got the it factor...

I don't know what you mean by "it" factor, but the "it" vibe I get from RF based on his recruiting performance is not particularly favorable.

The bolded comment above is more than a little ridiculous. If I was one of these kids trying to decide where to go, I'd want to meet as many of my future teammates as possible. That would raise a huge red flag if a school wouldn't let you meet any of the team.

"I'm sorry Mr. Five Star Recruit, we would let you meet your future teammates, but we're afraid they'll be douchebags towards you. I'm sure you understand. But still, we're all one, big, happy family, so you should definitely come to school here."

Saw where it was planned and coaches knew he was going.

The report was that he did meet with UA coaches Sunday. No mention as to whether our staff knew or not. Reuben is being himself. As fans we have to be prepared for either answer tonight. Coming into the weekend the vibe was high but after the weekend we have been pushed back to lesser level of good vibe. Regardless our coaches will be ready to respond. He had removed his commitment to AU for a while so we are prepared. Hang on for the end of the ride.

-"Can confirm Foster will pledge to UA tonight"

-"The TV announcement was pre-planned to avoid him having to pledge UA while at Auburn High School"

-"Foster remains actively working on Adams from what I'm told"

From the Bama insiders.

We can be assured that this is not true.

1. Alabama and particularly Saban would want him to announce at Auburn High. In fact, it is likely they would push that.

2. No way Alabama or anyone there would prefer Atlanta.

3. The only insider at Alabama is Saban according to him.

I agree he seems given to some drama. But let's get some other things in perspective.

1. There's no indication he's anything other than a decent kid doing his best.

2. He has done us no wrong. He committed to Auburn in the summer, but that staff was let go. It's entirely natural a kid should step back and reassess.

3. He has continued to give Auburn a chance.

So -- unless we learn at some point that he orchestrated the weekend to have a negative effect on Auburn, which I doubt -- let's quit judging the kid. I do hope he manages to moderate his responses to his emotions, but there's no reason to criticize him based on what we know to this point.

PLUS one.

I would still love to have Rueben. With that said, I'm of the mind that tonight will be the final decision.

I do agree with this... Its too close to national signing day to back out but stranger things have happened.

All you guys that would rather the process be over and not get THE BEST LB in this class, I got news for you. You are the problem, not Rueben Foster.

get off your high horse

If you can't handle the stresses of WATCHING recruiting, then don't keep up with it.

thank you for that unsolicited insight, but we are more than capable of deciding what we keep up with.

Saying that you don't want one of the best players in the country because he changes his mind a lot is absolutely stupid. I just hope that he doesn't read this board and see this garbage and decide to flip just based on fans not wanting him.

How exactly do you know he's one of the best players in the country? It's all SPECULATION until he actually gets on the field somewhere. I hope he does read this board. Committing and flipping like a fish on land is what's ridiculous. If you don't know where you want to go as a player, keep your mouth shut until you are sure its where you want to go, then grow up and honor that commitment.

I for one like when AU wins games, so I am 100% behind Foster to AU, and I don't care if he decides the day before players report to class. I don't care if he has 20 televised decision ceremonies and then starts his own daytime talk show in the off season. WHO CARES?!

I care. We have already had enough players at Auburn in recent years that thought they were bigger than the program. We don't need another one. IF he wants to come to Auburn and work his ass off in practice and in the class room to earn the right to wear the Auburn uniform then I want him.. IF he's coming here to get an easy ride, then no I don't want him. Auburn has won over 700 games in its football history, and we'll win a ton more whether Foster chooses Auburn or not.

As long as he comes to Auburn and helps us win football games, I'll be the first to sign up and let him give me a hard kick to the nuts if that's what it takes.

Sorry, but most of us don't have a win at all costs attitude like you seem too or like they do across the state at that lesser university. There's more to Auburn than winning football games. It's how you represent Auburn off the field as well as on the field. Staying out of trouble, working out when you don't have too, going to class, getting a degree (on that free ride you have)

All you guys that would rather the process be over and not get THE BEST LB in this class, I got news for you. You are the problem, not Rueben Foster.

get off your high horse

If you can't handle the stresses of WATCHING recruiting, then don't keep up with it.

thank you for that unsolicited insight, but we are more than capable of deciding what we keep up with.

Saying that you don't want one of the best players in the country because he changes his mind a lot is absolutely stupid. I just hope that he doesn't read this board and see this garbage and decide to flip just based on fans not wanting him.

How exactly do you know he's one of the best players in the country? It's all SPECULATION until he actually gets on the field somewhere. I hope he does read this board. Committing and flipping like a fish on land is what's ridiculous. If you don't know where you want to go as a player, keep your mouth shut until you are sure its where you want to go, then grow up and honor that commitment.

I for one like when AU wins games, so I am 100% behind Foster to AU, and I don't care if he decides the day before players report to class. I don't care if he has 20 televised decision ceremonies and then starts his own daytime talk show in the off season. WHO CARES?!

I care. We have already had enough players at Auburn in recent years that thought they were bigger than the program. We don't need another one. IF he wants to come to Auburn and work his ass off in practice and in the class room to earn the right to wear the Auburn uniform then I want him.. IF he's coming here to get an easy ride, then no I don't want him. Auburn has won over 700 games in its football history, and we'll win a ton more whether Foster chooses Auburn or not.

As long as he comes to Auburn and helps us win football games, I'll be the first to sign up and let him give me a hard kick to the nuts if that's what it takes.

Sorry, but most of us don't have a win at all costs attitude like you seem too or like they do across the state at that lesser university. There's more to Auburn than winning football games. It's how you represent Auburn off the field as well as on the field. Staying out of trouble, working out when you don't have too, going to class, getting a degree (on that free ride you have)

- people on high horses are exactly the problem. They think that they have the right to judge someone's actions who is in a position that they have never and will never be in.

- Are you not as tired of people whining as I am? We act like these kids owe us something....

- It is not speculation that he is one of the best high school players in the country, he has been proving it for four years on the field by beating everyone else.

- Anything that is a detriment to the football team doesn't help us win. I said as long as he helps us win. All of the things you mention in the last two points would be a detriment to our team and obviously no one wants that.

The bolded comment above is more than a little ridiculous. If I was one of these kids trying to decide where to go, I'd want to meet as many of my future teammates as possible. That would raise a huge red flag if a school wouldn't let you meet any of the team.

"I'm sorry Mr. Five Star Recruit, we would let you meet your future teammates, but we're afraid they'll be douchebags towards you. I'm sure you understand. But still, we're all one, big, happy family, so you should definitely come to school here."

Hey...I didn't say don't do ....just noting that it doesn't always work to your favor to put a bunch of self-centered kids in the same room. Not every school uses this strategy of big weekends other than on football weekends. Just saying, don't be too surprised when some "sure thing" commitments go home....and thence to school elsewhere.

I had totally discounted the "incident" after the player denial but this is what was said recently about it. I tend to agree with the 2nd poster, that even if there was an incident, it was just an excuse to do what was already planned.

fwiw- Matthews has this to say 2 hours ago about the so called "incident" in response to a poster's question. (this is all free content)

109 minutes ago

Hornistau said...

Bryan, it's now being mentioned tweets are indicating Foster to UAT. IF this is true, is this what Foster really has wanted or is it due, in some or large part, to happenings during his OV which may have caused him to change his mind from favoring AU? That is, have we been duped or is there a tangible reason for his apparently sudden preference for the turds?

Foster probably doesn't know exactly what he wants right now. Yes, something negative happened on his visit. The details of which I can't say for sure. This is not some grand conspiracy or setup. It's recruiting. Things change all the time.

This post was edited by Bryan Matthews on 2/4/2013 at 1:22 PM

After BM posts that, a 247 poster has this to say. I tend to agree with him on the part I hi-lighted.

"I think you have to consider that the "change his mind" and "sudden preference" are both ideas that come from our clouded, message-board-based perspective and perception of what's been going on. We're basically stuck with trying to interpret actions and guess which way he's leaning. We've been thinking Auburn in the past week or so, but maybe we were wrong. Maybe he's been leaning Alabama and there never was this big "change" of heart.

He mentioned feelings coming back after Saban visited him at school. He said he was going to Auburn for an official visit because he owed us that. Either of those comments could have easily revealed that he has been leaning Alabama for at least a couple weeks. Like Bryan said, he's likely really torn and isn't sure what he really wants. I, for one, don't think his trip up to Tuscaloosa was reactionary to some comment or discussion with any Auburn player. I think he's had Alabama on the brain for quite a while.

And let's be honest. We all love Auburn. We all feel it's special................."

This post was edited by jadennis on 2/4/2013 at 1:50 PM

http://www.aufamily....d/page__st__846

Archived