2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Reported on Jox 94.5 that Foster did visit with Alabama coaches Sunday.

Ok, but I've heard rumblings of him meeting with our coaches yesterday too... Has anyone heard this, or can anyone confirm?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is his announcement today?

Tonight. Does not really matter because his recruitment won't be over till he faxes in his paperwork.

This esp. applies to RF! I'd be surprised if he announced today. I think the drags it out until NSD to get some additional spotlight since we know CL is firmly committed.

Reuben tweete about two hours ago

"@reubenfoster_FG: Stress City, Heart Beating Fast, Frog Throat, Best Choice For Me and My Family #commitment"

Well best choice for his family would have to be us...Unless the turds are going to hook their family up.

"I would like to thank the University of Alabama for everything they did for me and my family" -- Trent Richardson.

You just had to bring her back, didn't you aurules16! Drives me nuts everytime I see her! :hellyeah:

Honestly, I'm tired of the whole RF recruitment. If he comes to AU, great, but if he goes somewhere else, best of luck. Just be done with it already.

Agree! Even many Bama fans feel the same way. Go figure...we agree on something with the TURDS!

"@reubenfoster_FG: Stress City, Heart Beating Fast, Frog Throat, Best Choice For Me and My Family #commitment"

Well best choice for his family would have to be us...Unless the turds are going to hook their family up.

This could go either way. He could play at Auburn and be closer to her and think that's the best choice. He could also think he has a better chance at NFL at Bama and be thinking more long term and what he could do for his family in the future. Let's be honest, they've had a pretty good history of putting linebackers in the league over the past few years. (Even though, personally I think he will get plenty of chance either way if he plays well). We've all been at this type of crossroad before. It's a tough decision between two really good programs so it's not surprising to me he's confused. The comments about him being a primadonna and wish-washy and lacking leadership about his recruitment have to remember that it's "his" recruitment, not ours. If he was still committed to Auburn, everyone would rave about how great of a leader he is. Instead, he's struggling with a tough decision and people want to crucify him.

The recruit bashing because the athlete doesn't do what fans think they should do has to stop. I cringe reading some of the comments posted on this board at times. I've seen nothing from Reuben's actions that make me think he's not a good man and I would love for him to come to Auburn. If he doesn't, it's not because of character. It's because he made a choice for himself and his family, not for our approval and I will respect his decision either way. WDE

:clap:/>

EXACTLY!!

It is his life! He doesn't owe me any kind of explanation. He just needs to do what's best for himself and his family.

No one knows exactly what he did Saturday night--and frankly, it's none of our business! Any "drama" involved is based on fans/journalists/internet boards looking for drama.

Personally: I hope you had a great time Saturday whatever you did, Reuben, and gave your daughter a great big hug when you got home! And wish you a great future for yourself and your daughter wherever that future leads!

I'm a father first and Auburn man second. I can't tell you how many times a month I take off from work for an hour or so to go to a birthday/holiday party, show/performance, or awards ceremony at my girls' school. If one of my girls gets sick, gets hurt, or just gets her feelings hurt, I'm there at a moments notice. I tuck my little girls into bed each night, talk about their day, say their prayers, rub their hair, and kiss them good night. I love my girls and they know it by my actions.

Reuben's idea of being a good father is to find a school with a good day care center where he can put his daughter when/if she decides to come visit?? He brought a child into the world while in high school and has not taken any real responsibility. Hanging out with his friends and enjoying the spotlight is obviously his #1 priority.

If Reuben doesn't go to Auburn, I pray he takes him mother, daughter, and should be wife with him wherever he goes and that somehow, he grows up before his daughter does. I'll let you all worry about Auburn's future without Foster's talent. I'm going to worry about A'Ziya's future without a real father.

Well put! I think that's what RF's mom is trying to get him to understand by trying to steer him towards Auburn. Of course we want him but if he is truly evaluating the entire situation beyond himself he would clearly see that Auburn would be the ideal situation for himself and his daughter. But all i'm seeing at the moment is a "look at me attitude." Fine if he wants to go to Bama...just handle things with a little more class.

Sounds like he is setting the stage for the "RF" show over the next 2 days. Even if he does announce tonight...it will not mean much in my eyes. Until RF puts ink to paper and it is faxed to the school he chooses...I don't believe ONE word that comes from his mouth. Nothing against the kid and I certainly hope we do get him but at this point I'll just wait to see when it comes to him.

Let's look at a Reuben timeline:

- Lives in Lagrange, GA.

- Commits to Alabama in July of 2011

- Says will sign with either Alabama or Georgia (because of Tray Matthews)

- Transfers to Auburn, AL High School in April 2012

- Begins recruiting for Auburn University at various camps over the summer

- Claims to be solid to Alabama

- Ultimately flips to AU using the script of a previous AU/UA flip, TJ Yeldon.

- Has Auburn logo tattooed on his forearm

- Various trips are made to Athens and Tuscaloosa throughout the summer and fall

- Auburn season goes down the drain, coaches fired after a 3-9 season.

- Decommits from Auburn after Trooper Taylor, lead recruiter and wide receivers coach, is let go.

- Takes an OV to Tuscaloosa, leaves early and immediately goes to the Auburn Athletic Department.

- Two weeks later, leaves an OV from Auburn early to go to Tuscaloosa. Angers current Auburn players in the process.

- Plans a late-night announcement two days before NSD

If anyone can think of a player's recruitment that was stranger than this is love to hear it.

If anyone has the notion that we don't need Foster you need to get off your high horse. We need LBers and he is the best.

Damn right. This is the most important player to this recruiting class. I'm not feeling to good about getting him, either.

Disagree. 100%. Carl Lawson ans Jeremy Johnson were the most important in this class. Two outstanding players with maturity and leadership ability.

+1

Someone is likely to say I'm on my "high horse" again or that I'm being a sore loser. However, I honestly don't want Foster. Just like I'm tired of Auburn's players jumping up, dancing, and shouting "Look at me!" every time they make a tackle 10 yards into the secondary, I also want Malzahn to put an end to recruiting people like Foster. Be more about whatever team you choose and less about yourself.

If anyone has the notion that we don't need Foster you need to get off your high horse. We need LBers and he is the best.

Damn right. This is the most important player to this recruiting class. I'm not feeling to good about getting him, either.

I am in complete agreement we need this commitment however am I the only one who gets a bad vibe from this? I think we can agree I he goes to UA he falls off the face of the earth and not heard from for prob 2 years because of the program there. If he signs with AU he prob contributes pretty quick. So with all the spotlight look at me drama that has seemed to come up every week does anyone think he has the ability to handle himself at AU in the spotlight if he steps and plays well early in his career and be a AU man that I think Gus will demand of this team or can he handle no spotlight for 2 years at UA because it just seems like he is milking this pretty hard. Maybe after Wednesday he puts his nose to the grindstone and becomes a excellent player at either university ..... Who knows I just don't have the best feeling about it. Myself I would rather we pass and build the correct way if this just brings drama later to the program. Either way I wish him the best.

Agree. Even though RF is very talented. If he goes to Bama...he is more likely to get lost in the shuffle than AU as Bama is deep at LB and those guys have not exhibited some questionable character issues that RF has. Saban & Co have a zero tolerance policy so I hope if he does pick Bama that he understands that b/c he could be out with the quickness and on to a JC. If he is truly weighing out the situation Auburn would be his best chance to play early and gain a lot of attention.

Hopefully it isn't true, but I only wish the best for Foster where ever he decides to attend school.

War Eagle!

FWIW, my source knows RF's family pretty well, so I'm thinking it's legit...

Let's look at a Reuben timeline:

- Lives in Lagrange, GA.

- Commits to Alabama in July of 2011

- Says will sign with either Alabama or Georgia (because of Tray Matthews)

- Transfers to Auburn, AL High School in April 2012

- Begins recruiting for Auburn University at various camps over the summer

- Claims to be solid to Alabama

- Ultimately flips to AU using the script of a previous AU/UA flip, TJ Yeldon.

- Has Auburn logo tattooed on his forearm

- Various trips are made to Athens and Tuscaloosa throughout the summer and fall

- Auburn season goes down the drain, coaches fired after a 3-9 season.

- Decommits from Auburn after Trooper Taylor, lead recruiter and wide receivers coach, is let go.

- Takes an OV to Tuscaloosa, leaves early and immediately goes to the Auburn Athletic Department.

- Two weeks later, leaves an OV from Auburn early to go to Tuscaloosa. Angers current Auburn players in the process.

- Plans a late-night announcement two days before NSD

If anyone can think of a player's recruitment that was stranger than this is love to hear it.

And this is why I will neither cheer nor lose sleep as to where this kid lands. No matter where it is.

If Bo Scharborogh known where he is announcing,I think it's not going to be the good guys.

We need to stay after him after he announces,we can still flip him back.

Honestly.....I don't want him. He's got some major growing up to do. Carl Lawson is 10X the player at this point in his career.

I'm over it. This whole thing goes a lot deeper than just a kid "having fun" with his recruiting process. He really is under great pressure and I feel bad for RF in a way. Best of luck to him, but honestly....we got CL yall. WE GOT CARL LAWSON YALL. wde.

Guys please quit being so negative towards Reuben, as i said earlier i wish this thread would be closed. I hope we get him just so everyone will have egg on their face for down talking him so much.

And about him telling Bo i'm sure he told all of his friends.

Archived