2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

If anyone has the notion that we don't need Foster you need to get off your high horse. We need LBers and he is the best.

Damn right. This is the most important player to this recruiting class. I'm not feeling to good about getting him, either.

I am in complete agreement we need this commitment however am I the only one who gets a bad vibe from this? I think we can agree I he goes to UA he falls off the face of the earth and not heard from for prob 2 years because of the program there. If he signs with AU he prob contributes pretty quick. So with all the spotlight look at me drama that has seemed to come up every week does anyone think he has the ability to handle himself at AU in the spotlight if he steps and plays well early in his career and be a AU man that I think Gus will demand of this team or can he handle no spotlight for 2 years at UA because it just seems like he is milking this pretty hard. Maybe after Wednesday he puts his nose to the grindstone and becomes a excellent player at either university ..... Who knows I just don't have the best feeling about it. Myself I would rather we pass and build the correct way if this just brings drama later to the program. Either way I wish him the best.

Wherever he goes, he will have a huge impact. Even at Alabama. The guy can blow up just about any blockers, and maneuver his way through the offense to get to the ball carrier. He's incredibly fast, and has REALLY good awareness. He is exactly what we need. Our LB depth is extremely thin. We need to fill up those shoes with good performers, which we don't have any at this moment at that position.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has the notion that we don't need Foster you need to get off your high horse. We need LBers and he is the best.

Damn right. This is the most important player to this recruiting class. I'm not feeling to good about getting him, either.

I am in complete agreement we need this commitment however am I the only one who gets a bad vibe from this? I think we can agree I he goes to UA he falls off the face of the earth and not heard from for prob 2 years because of the program there. If he signs with AU he prob contributes pretty quick. So with all the spotlight look at me drama that has seemed to come up every week does anyone

think he has the ability to handle himself at AU in the spotlight if he steps and plays well early in his career and be a AU man that I think Gus will demand of this team or can he handle no spotlight for 2 years at UA because it just seems like he is milking this pretty hard. Maybe after Wednesday he puts his nose to the grindstone and becomes a excellent player at either university ..... Who knows I just don't have the best feeling about it. Myself I would rather we pass and build the correct way if this just brings drama later to the program. Either way I wish him the best.

I tend to agree with this ^^^^^

Disagree. 100%. Carl Lawson ans Jeremy Johnson were the most important in this class. Two outstanding players with maturity and leadership ability.

Agree on Lawson & JJ.

The only vibe Im getting is coming from what appears to be a very confused young man. He's got a big decision to make and he doesn't seem to be having the easiest time of making it. Auburn will be fine with or without him. I wish him well.

Has he committ to anyone yet? He was schedule to let us know today in Atlanta.

Supposed to be some time tonight.

According to E...

Reuben Foster Feb 4 at 9 PM CT on Fox Sports South

It sounds like RF gets around - in California last week - back in AU - then on to Tusc - back to AU - headed to ATL to make his announcement tonight (why ATL)- - - - He must be a whiz in the classroom to be able to handle all the destractions & his schoolwork.

Good luck to him and his family wherever he lands.

Has he committ to anyone yet? He was schedule to let us know today in Atlanta.

Supposed to be some time tonight.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/2/4/3950236/college-football-recruiting-2013-reuben-foster-alex-collins

Reuben tweete about two hours ago

"@reubenfoster_FG: Stress City, Heart Beating Fast, Frog Throat, Best Choice For Me and My Family #commitment"

Well best choice for his family would have to be us...Unless the turds are going to hook their family up.

This could go either way. He could play at Auburn and be closer to her and think that's the best choice. He could also think he has a better chance at NFL at Bama and be thinking more long term and what he could do for his family in the future. Let's be honest, they've had a pretty good history of putting linebackers in the league over the past few years. (Even though, personally I think he will get plenty of chance either way if he plays well). We've all been at this type of crossroad before. It's a tough decision between two really good programs so it's not surprising to me he's confused. The comments about him being a primadonna and wish-washy and lacking leadership about his recruitment have to remember that it's "his" recruitment, not ours. If he was still committed to Auburn, everyone would rave about how great of a leader he is. Instead, he's struggling with a tough decision and people want to crucify him.

The recruit bashing because the athlete doesn't do what fans think they should do has to stop. I cringe reading some of the comments posted on this board at times. I've seen nothing from Reuben's actions that make me think he's not a good man and I would love for him to come to Auburn. If he doesn't, it's not because of character. It's because he made a choice for himself and his family, not for our approval and I will respect his decision either way. WDE

I am in complete agreement we need this commitment however am I the only one who gets a bad vibe from this? I think we can agree I he goes to UA he falls off the face of the earth and not heard from for prob 2 years because of the program there. If he signs with AU he prob contributes pretty quick. So with all the spotlight look at me drama that has seemed to come up every week does anyone think he has the ability to handle himself at AU in the spotlight if he steps and plays well early in his career and be a AU man that I think Gus will demand of this team or can he handle no spotlight for 2 years at UA because it just seems like he is milking this pretty hard. Maybe after Wednesday he puts his nose to the grindstone and becomes a excellent player at either university ..... Who knows I just don't have the best feeling about it. Myself I would rather we pass and build the correct way if this just brings drama later to the program. Either way I wish him the best.

If you think about it, most of the drama is being created by the FANS. This may just be a confused kid trying to figure out where he wants to go to school.

He was firmly committed to AU when the lynch mob (i.e. fans) ran off all of the coaches he had any relationship with. So, we need to be careful that we don't blame a 17 year old for a bunch of Drama that WE are creating, or at least contributing to in a huge way.

Fans want guys to make a public commitment when there is absolutely no reason or advantage to the kid for doing so. Then, when a kids waivers, they want to call it drama. We, the FANS, are manufacturing most of this drama. It is only drama if someone notices, cares, and talks about it 24/7.

There are kids all of the country trying to decide where they want to go to college, visiting schools and changing their minds daily, it is only drama when WE jump into the middle of that process and MAKE it drama.

If you think about it, most of the drama is being created by the FANS. This may just be a confused kid trying to figure out where he wants to go to school.

He was firmly committed to AU when the lynch mob (i.e. fans) ran off all of the coaches he had any relationship with. So, we need to be careful that we don't blame a 17 year old for a bunch of Drama that WE are creating, or at least contributing to in a huge way.

Fans want guys to make a public commitment when there is absolutely no reason or advantage to the kid for doing so. Then, when a kids waivers, they want to call it drama. We, the FANS, are manufacturing most of this drama. It is only drama if someone notices, cares, and talks about it 24/7.

There are kids all of the country trying to decide where they want to go to college, visiting schools and changing their minds daily, it is only drama when WE jump into the middle of that process and MAKE it drama.

Good post

So is it confirmed that Reuben was back in Auburn meeting with coaches yesterday? Heard some rumblings, but I wanted to see if anyone had some real info...

We need this guy! I say call Cam, and let him tell Reuben it's ok for him to wear #2... That'd get him back!

How many times has RF visited Auburn and/or had Auburn coaches visit his home? Did he really need to stay the whole weekend? I myself cannot fathom why anyone would want to visit Tuscaloosa, but RF must have made some friends there during his long recruitment. But based on the little we know, I'm having trouble getting all worked up over this brouhaha.

Why yes, yes he did need to stay the whole weekend. Auburn University was paying his way to be here.

Auburn was "paying his way to be here"? Given that Foster lives in Auburn, what does that even mean? You may be glad he left, but our coaches still want him. I'll go with the coaches.

I'm not sold on him going to uat. It just doesn't seem like the move for him. Tonight isn't even a big deal, it's where he faxes his signature. That is the only time it will be known for sure. I'm over him though. Especially if we get the other kids i.e. Alexander Bros., Daniels and/or Adams. Whatever happens we are fine.

How many times has RF visited Auburn and/or had Auburn coaches visit his home? Did he really need to stay the whole weekend? I myself cannot fathom why anyone would want to visit Tuscaloosa, but RF must have made some friends there during his long recruitment. But based on the little we know, I'm having trouble getting all worked up over this brouhaha.

Why yes, yes he did need to stay the whole weekend. Auburn University was paying his way to be here.

Auburn was "paying his way to be here"? Given that Foster lives in Auburn, what does that even mean? You may be glad he left, but our coaches still want him. I'll go with the coaches.

If it was an official visit, which I'm assuming it was, the University pays for the accommodations of the visit.

OV's don't have to long drawn out events. They can be sit down talks. They don't have to take the tour of campus, stadium etc and go out with hostesses.

Andrew Bone@AndrewJBone

Bo Scarbrough tells me that Reuben Foster informed him last night of his decision. Bo wouldn't say where though. #Alabama, #Auburn, #UGA

What's the deal with this whole Dismukes thing? Did he and RF get in an altercation, or not? Dismukes pulled something like that off last July against Carter. I can't think of any other reason as to why Foster would leave his visit early.

no the story about dismukes is a lie for the 100th time

Then why did he leave early?

Watch the show tonight and I bet you find your answer.

Reuben tweete about two hours ago

"@reubenfoster_FG: Stress City, Heart Beating Fast, Frog Throat, Best Choice For Me and My Family #commitment"

Well best choice for his family would have to be us...Unless the turds are going to hook their family up.

This could go either way. He could play at Auburn and be closer to her and think that's the best choice. He could also think he has a better chance at NFL at Bama and be thinking more long term and what he could do for his family in the future. Let's be honest, they've had a pretty good history of putting linebackers in the league over the past few years. (Even though, personally I think he will get plenty of chance either way if he plays well). We've all been at this type of crossroad before. It's a tough decision between two really good programs so it's not surprising to me he's confused. The comments about him being a primadonna and wish-washy and lacking leadership about his recruitment have to remember that it's "his" recruitment, not ours. If he was still committed to Auburn, everyone would rave about how great of a leader he is. Instead, he's struggling with a tough decision and people want to crucify him.

The recruit bashing because the athlete doesn't do what fans think they should do has to stop. I cringe reading some of the comments posted on this board at times. I've seen nothing from Reuben's actions that make me think he's not a good man and I would love for him to come to Auburn. If he doesn't, it's not because of character. It's because he made a choice for himself and his family, not for our approval and I will respect his decision either way. WDE

:clap:

If it was an official visit, which I'm assuming it was, the University pays for the accommodations of the visit.

Well, if a salesman is trying to sell me something and he brings me in and puts me up in hotel and I listen to part of his sales pitch and decide I am not interested, then it is my prerogative to leave. That is a risk he takes when trying to make a sale. Don't put this on the kids and say they OWE something to the school. THEY are doing the school a favor by being there.

Then why did he leave early?

Have you followed Foster's recruitment at all? The kid is like the complete polar opposite of Carl Lawson.

It is funny how some people blind themselves to the truth. :laugh:

Archived