2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Stealing this one from an acquaintance:

If Auburn loses Reuben Foster, maybe we can get Leon Sandcastle.

We sure don't need that prima donna. (I started not liking him when he was at FSU. My extreme dislike for him goes back decades. That Bo stiff arm sure was a beautiful thing though.)

Me too. Enjoyed watching Walter Reeves giving him that piggy back ride to the end zone!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football's a team game, no player can ever be bigger than the whole. We have lots of talent already in the house and some solid citizens coming in who can ball. I think with his skill and character Lawson has the chops to be the defensive player of the year in a couple of years. We've seen a lot of talents fizzle out the last few years because of unacceptable behavior. Let's get who we can and strap them on and play some ball. This drama stuff gets really old.

If we're going to compete or championships..foster is going to help ALOT.

Stealing this one from an acquaintance:

If Auburn loses Reuben Foster, maybe we can get Leon Sandcastle.

We sure don't need that prima donna. (I started not liking him when he was at FSU. My extreme dislike for him goes back decades. That Bo stiff arm sure was a beautiful thing though.)

I agree. I remember we abused him in the Sugar Bowl and then he made one big play at the end of the game that helped them win. The problem was he was one hell of a ball player. It was a great trip to New Orleans though.

I vividly remember that pass interference.

Yes, it was.

Absolutely. However, the color guy had a great call on the play. Something like this, after being MIA for most of the game, Sanders shows up at 10:59 EST, 1 minute before prime time was expired. I forget the exact words, but he said it much better than I wrote it.

Great call aside, it was STILL PASS INTERFERENCE.

Option 1: Foster visited Auburn. Something went wrong. He left, and then he visited Bama. Bad scenario.

Option 2: Foster visited Auburn, having already planned a visit to Bama. Bad scenario.

Neither of these is a good deal. Working in our favor is that Foster seems to be the kind of person whose emotions run very strong, leading to impulsive behavior. We'd hate to admit it, but the tattoo would fit that as well. It's posssible things will shake out well. It's possible the coaches feel things are under control. But neither scenario is remotely positive.

Option 3: The coaches knew he was going to bammer for whatever reason... Maybe he felt he needed to talk to AK face to face. RF then announces to Auburn tomorrow...

How many times has RF visited Auburn and/or had Auburn coaches visit his home? Did he really need to stay the whole weekend? I myself cannot fathom why anyone would want to visit Tuscaloosa, but RF must have made some friends there during his long recruitment. But based on the little we know, I'm having trouble getting all worked up over this brouhaha.

I was working at Kroger (in Auburn) this afternoon and I overheard a woman speaking with someone on the phone and said, "The coaches aren't worrying that Reuben went to Tuscaloosa this weekend." I couldn't stop her to ask her what her source was, but it sounded legit.

Well, if you overheard an anonymous woman talking on the phone at the Kroger, what more could we want? WDE

Football's a team game, no player can ever be bigger than the whole. We have lots of talent already in the house and some solid citizens coming in who can ball. I think with his skill and character Lawson has the chops to be the defensive player of the year in a couple of years. We've seen a lot of talents fizzle out the last few years because of unacceptable behavior. Let's get who we can and strap them on and play some ball. This drama stuff gets really old.

I totally agree.

I think in the end we get Foster. He really seems to love Auburn. He did the right thing if he wasn't sure and decommitted with the coaching change. He seems to be a regular at the Athletic Facility now so I think he really likes our new staff. I'm not sure what happened this weekend or why but I do think once you fall in love with Auburn you don't fall out of love with it. I think in the end Foster loves Auburn and will end up having a great career with us and a long career representing Auburn in the Pro's. Come on Reuben go with your heart.

I think in the end we get Foster. He really seems to love Auburn. He did the right thing if he wasn't sure and decommitted with the coaching change. He seems to be a regular at the Athletic Facility now so I think he really likes our new staff. I'm not sure what happened this weekend or why but I do think once you fall in love with Auburn you don't fall out of love with it. I think in the end Foster loves Auburn and will end up having a great career with us and a long career representing Auburn in the Pro's. Come on Reuben go with your heart.

I understand why Foster decommitted after the Chizik staff was fired. I absolutely do not understand why Foster (if he loves AU) pulled the junk he pulled this past weekend. He has not handled the recruiting process well at all.

wde

First let me say this, either way RF decides, I hope no one has anything negative to say, these are only teenagers .

I am not concerned about his travel history. We act like this is a play with set diaglogue. If he wanted to visit people in tuscaloosa that is OK by me.

Strange timing but so what ? As I look at it, Auburn's offer to him is his to lose. We'll be fine either way, and he will have talent to develop and maturity to gain either way. This class has a lot of potential with or without him.

WDE

I was not aware that Foster left his OV at Bama early, like he did the AU OV; however, if he left his Bama OV early and came to AU, it's because the city of Auburn is where his home is---his mother and daughter are there; his home is NOT in Tuscaloosa (well, it might be for the next 3-4 years), and that's why I for one don't understand his decision to leave the AU OV early to go to Tuscaloosa. I just don't buy the "he wanted to party with this Bama-bound buds one last time" theory, but I could be wrong and hope that I am.

I also wonder if his decision to announce his choice in Atlanta is based on that fact that he didn't want to be in Auburn when he makes his announcement, which makes me believe he's heading somewhere else (most likely Tuscaloosa). I read where this decision was made a couple of weeks ago. I also have read where he made his OV to Tuscaloosa a couple of weeks ago. Is there a coincidence here?

If Foster signs with AU, that would be great. AU needs LBs far worse than Bama does; but, if he signs with Bama or UGa, so be it. I'm very fired up about this class, especially now that Lawson has confirmed his commitment to AU and the Barber kid has committed. This staff has really done some great work in such a short period of time. Imagine how good this will be a year from now. The future looks damn good to me.

He could have been on an "innocent" house hunting trip.

Rumors are cheap to start but oh so hard to stop....

I understand why Foster decommitted after the Chizik staff was fired. I absolutely do not understand why Foster (if he loves AU) pulled the junk he pulled this past weekend. He has not handled the recruiting process well at all.

wde

I don't understand either so hopefuly he will enlighten us today.

I admit to being a bit bamboozled by all this myself. This goes to show that the new rules regarding contact with these kids being infinite, BAD TURN OF EVENTS, MUST RECONSIDER!

I admit to being a bit bamboozled by all this myself. This goes to show that the new rules regarding contact with these kids being infinite, BAD TURN OF EVENTS, MUST RECONSIDER!

One of the ad banners at the top of the page today is for

laser tattoo removal

www.lavemd.com/tattoo-removal

fast, easy, professional 615-331-5283

laser tattoo removal

If there was a like button - I'd like this post. Irony at its best.

How many times has RF visited Auburn and/or had Auburn coaches visit his home? Did he really need to stay the whole weekend? I myself cannot fathom why anyone would want to visit Tuscaloosa, but RF must have made some friends there during his long recruitment. But based on the little we know, I'm having trouble getting all worked up over this brouhaha.

Why yes, yes he did need to stay the whole weekend. Auburn University was paying his way to be here. He was supposed to be here helping recruit his future teammates to Auburn. However, if they are not going to be his furture teammates, I'm glad he left.

laser tattoo removal

Yes, the anticipation of signing a guy that can be a man among boys from day #1 is just slightly greater than the stigma (it would be legendary in recruiting lore) of failing to sign a recruit that was SO committed at one time he got an Auburn tattoo.

i google searched the tattoo removal phone number - it appears to be a nashville number.

with all of the swapping of players ... barber/wilkins and the like, does this mean ford to auburn and foster to vandy?

that is as factual as anything else i have read on these 74 pages ...

edit: to further prove my point, ford and foster both announce today ... cannot be coincidence! all things in life point back to tattoos ... you just have to look for it.

I agree. I couldn't care less where Foster goes at this point. I want Auburn to have good linebackers, not dramatic ones. Let me know if he signs and decides he wants to play football at Auburn. I don't want to hear about anything else.

i google searched the tattoo removal phone number - it appears to be a nashville number.

with all of the swapping of players ... barber/wilkins and the like, does this mean ford to auburn and foster to vandy?

that is as factual as anything else i have read on these 74 pages ...

edit: to further prove my point, ford and foster both announce today ... cannot be coincidence! all things in life point back to tattoos ... you just have to look for it.

yes I think you are on to something Vandy, turn the U in the middle to a V, make the A look like flames coming out of the V. Tattoo is transformed, I will work up a drawing.

Archived