2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I still think we turn the tables on Bama this year......My story

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think for a second that this drama isn't being noticed by current players. This is a fact. Team chemistry is much more important than a single player. Btw, this has nothing to do with Reese Dismukes.

Stealing this one from an acquaintance:

If Auburn loses Reuben Foster, maybe we can get Leon Sandcastle.

He's at KC and has lost eligibility. Good Commercial.

Maybe we can get Jo Backson instead ;)

Don't think for a second that this drama isn't being noticed by current players. This is a fact. Team chemistry is much more important than a single player. Btw, this has nothing to do with Reese Dismukes.

Great point

+1

We sure don't need that prima donna. (I started not liking him when he was at FSU. My extreme dislike for him goes back decades. That Bo stiff arm sure was a beautiful thing though.)

We sure don't need that prima donna. (I started not liking him when he was at FSU. My extreme dislike for him goes back decades. That Bo stiff arm sure was a beautiful thing though.)

I agree. I remember we abused him in the Sugar Bowl and then he made one big play at the end of the game that helped them win. The problem was he was one hell of a ball player. It was a great trip to New Orleans though.

relax guys! We will get Lawson, Foster, and a few other big time surprises within the next 38 hours.

Option 1: Foster visited Auburn. Something went wrong. He left, and then he visited Bama. Bad scenario.

Option 2: Foster visited Auburn, having already planned a visit to Bama. Bad scenario.

Neither of these is a good deal. Working in our favor is that Foster seems to be the kind of person whose emotions run very strong, leading to impulsive behavior. We'd hate to admit it, but the tattoo would fit that as well. It's posssible things will shake out well. It's possible the coaches feel things are under control. But neither scenario is remotely positive.

EDW said that the visit was already planned. And I'm with you, there is no scenario that I can come up with that is a positive for us. But honestly, at this point whatever. We got Lawson, we're gonna get others. I want good team chemistry, not drama.

I worry about Foster and his ability to handle things in college. But obviously we'd rather support him through that than watch him try it somewhere else.

Yes, as long as it is not a distraction to the other 84 members of the team.

Option 1: Foster visited Auburn. Something went wrong. He left, and then he visited Bama. Bad scenario.

Option 2: Foster visited Auburn, having already planned a visit to Bama. Bad scenario.

Neither of these is a good deal. Working in our favor is that Foster seems to be the kind of person whose emotions run very strong, leading to impulsive behavior. We'd hate to admit it, but the tattoo would fit that as well. It's posssible things will shake out well. It's possible the coaches feel things are under control. But neither scenario is remotely positive.

Option 3: The coaches knew he was going to bammer for whatever reason... Maybe he felt he needed to talk to AK face to face. RF then announces to Auburn tomorrow...

Option 3: The coaches knew he was going to bammer for whatever reason... Maybe he felt he needed to talk to AK face to face. RF then announces to Auburn tomorrow...

That'd be sweet. But it's only positive if it works out that way. Him even feeling the need to visit in Tuscaloosa is in no way positive.

It was reported after Reuben visited Bama he cut that visit short (from a Ga recruiting site was the source back in the Foster archives) Some said he even visited our coaches at the athletic complex that same day. This time there is much more hype from the UA side to make the story run. Either way all we do now is watch the TV tomorrow night and see. Foxsportssouth should like the ratings boost after today.

Option 5 - He's committed to AU, but has the guts to tell Wee Man to his face he won't be playing on his team this fall, but committing to the Good Guys tomorrow.

Are we even sure he talked to their coaches? For all we know he just went over there to hang out with his boys...? Nobody knows what went on except the coaches, and Reuben himself. Also, nobody knows which way he's leaning right now... admittedly, not AU insiders or bammer insiders.

Are we even sure he talked to their coaches? For all we know he just went over there to hang out with his boys...? Nobody knows what went on except the coaches, and Reuben himself. Also, nobody knows which way he's leaning right now... admittedly, not AU insiders or bammer insiders.

That is exactly what he wants. He wants his announcement to be THE announcement to watch. He'll probably visit UGA before signing day.

I agree. I remember we abused him in the Sugar Bowl and then he made one big play at the end of the game that helped them win. The problem was he was one hell of a ball player. It was a great trip to New Orleans though.

I vividly remember that pass interference.

I vividly remember that pass interference.

Yes, it was.

Football's a team game, no player can ever be bigger than the whole. We have lots of talent already in the house and some solid citizens coming in who can ball. I think with his skill and character Lawson has the chops to be the defensive player of the year in a couple of years. We've seen a lot of talents fizzle out the last few years because of unacceptable behavior. Let's get who we can and strap them on and play some ball. This drama stuff gets really old.

Archived