2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Matthews has posted that Foster won't be signing with Auburn.

Please provide the link to his Twitter page showing this post or cut and paste directly on this board.

It didn't happen.

I saw him state it on one of the boards, not his twitter fwiw...dont think it can be copied and pasted here

I've seen the post in question and that's not what he said. Just to put this rumor to bed, BM said that he hadn't talked with Reuben but he doesn't expect him to sign with Auburn now. That's simply based on the fact that RF was in turdtown last night and left his official visit to Auburn to go there. It's a reasonable assumption to make but it's far from having talked to the recruit and flatly stating that he's not signing with us.

Unless BM has info he's not sharing, it's kind of stupid thing to say right now. Could end up being true, but if it's not he's lost a ton of credibility.

I wouldn't have said that either. His earlier statement that there was no way him leaving in the middle of an official visit at AU to go hang out in Tuscaloosa could be spun as anything good for Auburn is as far as I would have gone if I were in his position.

How come the other recruits aren't saying anything about this? Where is Montravious? I would think that this would pretty easy to find out if there was an altercation and Reuben left abruptly...

What I think would be easy to find out was if RF was still in Auburn. The way these kids are, if this wasn't true, one of our players/recruits would have called BS by now. RF would have called BS by now.

This. RF isn't exactly shy. If he were truly in Auburn, he would have already posted about 12 "why everyone gotta be starting all that mad jive" tweets and put all of this to bed. Obviously he is in Tuscaloosa.

One thing I will say- I think something might have happened recently to make him flip. The Bama sites themselves (mods included) all had RF going to Auburn with Bama not even an afterthought. Very strange turn of events this weekend....

Or maybe he was out having a good time while you all were at home twitter stalking an 18yo.

I got up this morning and pondered this situation and I had one overwhelming thought. It is really a shame that the RF saga is taking so much of the focus away from all the AU commits and those yet to commit.

Agree and Most Important. Hate to lose 3 over 1. Id like to quote Spock in Star Trek but dont remember what he said.

How come the other recruits aren't saying anything about this? Where is Montravious? I would think that this would pretty easy to find out if there was an altercation and Reuben left abruptly...

What I think would be easy to find out was if RF was still in Auburn. The way these kids are, if this wasn't true, one of our players/recruits would have called BS by now. RF would have called BS by now.

This. RF isn't exactly shy. If he were truly in Auburn, he would have already posted about 12 "why everyone gotta be starting all that mad jive" tweets and put all of this to bed. Obviously he is in Tuscaloosa.

One thing I will say- I think something might have happened recently to make him flip. The Bama sites themselves (mods included) all had RF going to Auburn with Bama not even an afterthought. Very strange turn of events this weekend....

Or maybe he was out having a good time while you all were at home twitter stalking an 18yo.

This is another thing that needs clearing up...following different people on Twitter is the entire way the thing works. It's not "stalking." These kids want followers on Twitter and they retweet each others appeals for ____________ fans to follow their buddy and all that. Then their posts show up in your Twitter feed.

Can we please just stick to the discussion of Foster and cease the sarcastic sniping at each other?

I think the reason we have Twitter silence from recruits and insiders is it is still pretty early Sunday morning......don't you think most of them are probably still asleep? KK apparently was at Waffle House pretty early this morning, so I am sure they are sleeping in today.......considering last night was Saturday night and last night of visit I am sure they probably stayed out late.

I wouldn't make too much out of that to be honest.

I just hate this, but Reuben has got to do what is best for him. While Reuben could get a shot at a NC with Auburn in 2 to 3 years he can get a legit shot with bama in 2013. If an opportunity was presented to Reuben to take better care of his daughter and mom (like Richardson) how can you fault him ?

The only way to stop this type thing is for Auburn to start winning big and CONSISTENTLY on the field (beating bama in the process) to make Auburn more attractive to elite players that hold being on a NC team as a priority. Yeldon, Calloway, Cyrus, etc all have NC rings. These guys represent a GREAT recruiting opportunity to flip guys like Foster on the edge of singing with Auburn since they were on that same edge and have NC rings because they did not stick with Auburn. Auburn is a special place with plenty to offer, but we have got to step up and consistently be in the mix for the SECC & NC while winning our share of them.

War Eagle !

Rename this thread: Define Panic

I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of Bammers who have wet themselves reading this series. Get a flipping grip people.

They wet themselves over a price drop at Wal-Mart. No need to worry. Lol

I just hate this, but Reuben has got to do what is best for him. While Reuben could get a shot at a NC with Auburn in 2 to 3 years he can get a legit shot with bama in 2013. If an opportunity was presented to Reuben to take better care of his daughter and mom (like Richardson) how can you fault him ?

The only way to stop this type thing is for Auburn to start winning big and CONSISTENTLY on the field (beating bama in the process) to make Auburn more attractive to elite players that hold being on a NC team as a priority. Yeldon, Calloway, Cyrus, etc all have NC rings. These guys represent a GREAT recruiting opportunity to flip guys like Foster on the edge of singing with Auburn since they were on that same edge and have NC rings because they did not stick with Auburn. Auburn is a special place with plenty to offer, but we have got to step up and consistently be in the mix for the SECC & NC while winning our share of them.

War Eagle !

The REC is more involved than players flashing rings, but I agree.

I think the reason we have Twitter silence from recruits and insiders is it is still pretty early Sunday morning......don't you think most of them are probably still asleep? KK apparently was at Waffle House pretty early this morning, so I am sure they are sleeping in today.......considering last night was Saturday night and last night of visit I am sure they probably stayed out late.

On that note, some coffee, eggs, sausage, bacon, grits and pancakes sound good right about now, so I'm heading to the kitchen...

On that note, some coffee, eggs, sausage, bacon, grits and pancakes sound good right about now, so I'm heading to the kitchen...

I'll be there in 10.

Also, PCB, good point.

could it be that this entire orchestration was set in motion to detract from this weekend? This was our last hoorah and was supposedly going to be a huge final push. Why not try and interrupt that?

Then again, it could be true. Without proof, I will hold to the last confirmed truth.

Who even knows if Chris Jones is in turdville this w/e? He simply said he was hanging out with Alvin and Reuben, both of whom already took their official visits to that cesspool in west alabama. Chris' twitter account has since been deactivated.

It also makes more sense for Alvin to spend the last w/e before signing day in Athens who everyone said he gave higher marks that turdville during his visit last w/e.

could it be that this entire orchestration was set in motion to detract from this weekend? This was our last hoorah and was supposedly going to be a huge final push. Why not try and interrupt that?

Then again, it could be true. Without proof, I will hold to the last confirmed truth.

It wasn't orchestrated. We've got to stop being the Fanbase of the Tinfoil Hat.

Could be a good point. File this under "what else is new" when it comes to Bammer and their jealousy that AUBURN is and will always be special and a threat to them!

Don't really get what happened, great player and would love to have him but if he doesn't come he doesn't come. I find the whole thing disrespectful but I paid my way through College so I guess the idea of having people pay for you to get shown around and decide which one im gonna let give me free school is just more valuable to me.

Liner, who is rarely on twitter silence, has posted several times this morning but nothing about football. He's apparently tweeting from church.

Liner, who is rarely on twitter silence, has posted several times this morning but nothing about football. He's apparently tweeting from church.

Yeah, but I think most kids don't tweet from church. And if they aren't at church, they're still in bed.

It wasn't orchestrated. We've got to stop being the Fanbase of the Tinfoil Hat.

This.

Someone asked Dismukes on twitter if there was any truth to it and he said "no"

So IDK what to believe

Out of loyalty to our players, I'm sticking with his answer until something comes out from our side contradicting it.

Who even knows if Chris Jones is in turdville this w/e? He simply said he was hanging out with Alvin and Reuben, both of whom already took their official visits to that cesspool in west alabama. Chris' twitter account has since been deactivated.

It also makes more sense for Alvin to spend the last w/e before signing day in Athens who everyone said he gave higher marks that turdville during his visit last w/e.

It wasn't Chris Jones (the recruit).....it was Christian Jones (Bama WR) that tweeted that.

Archived