2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I love recruiting but its stories like this that ruin the whole thing. I can wait and whatever goes down I'll be able to live with. I think after this year. I'll just go back to finding out who signed where on the day after NSD! War Eagle!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love recruiting but its stories like this that ruin the whole thing. I can wait and whatever goes down I'll be able to live with. I think after this year. I'll just go back to finding out who signed where on the day after NSD! War Eagle!

I'm with you. I'm getting where I hate myself for continuing to check in. Can we fish from the end of the season to the day after NSD.

Brian Matthews has posted that Foster won't be signing with Auburn.

Please provide the link to his Twitter page showing this post or cut and paste directly on this board.

It didn't happen.

I saw him state it on one of the boards, not his twitter fwiw...dont think it can be copied and pasted here

Is there a dead period that starts tonight where the Coaches can't sit down with RF? I thought in years past there was always a dead period right before signing day.

Although, it is okay for those "unrelated" to the program to kidnap a recruit and lock up at a house on the beach.

if he's on campus they can talk but they can't contact him away from the school

Please provide the link to his Twitter page showing this post or cut and paste directly on this board.

It didn't happen.

I saw him state it on one of the boards, not his twitter fwiw...dont think it can be copied and pasted here

The only thing I saw him post on AUC was if RF was in turdville it didn't look good for AU. All these comments are based soley on Chris Jones deleted tweet. Then, through multiple translation, people start reporting BM says RF won't be signing with us.

All I know is I he chooses the turds the NCAA HAS to look into Alabama recruiting. It's getting obnoxious hat the turds get away with and they do it blatantly

There are people saying Reuban was in TTown last night

It apparently was a Bama fan on a trial membership that started the whole Dismukes rumor

There are people all over Twitter saying Reuban was in AU last night

There are people saying Dismukes was in AU

There are people saying Dismukes was in Spanish Fort

I don't think anyone really knows, it feels like a version of "Where's Waldo".....this is definitely a very weird situation, and one that COULD have been precipitated by another school (or some of their fans) to try to rain on a very big recruiting weekend with some drama. This could all be complete RUMOR....all of it. Are there any pics of Reuban in TTown last night?????

FYI even Bama fans are saying the Dismukes stuff is bunk and not true and was made up by a fake poster on one of the AU sites.

Let's all step back from the ledge.......

If Rueben was planning on playing at Auburn, this weekend would have been way more important to him than it is to you and me. I can't really understand anything that would make him leave other than illness.

The strange thing here is that it seems Reuben and the other prospects and players have gone off the grid, for quite a few hours.

Thinking the same thing. Everyone is quiet. Eerily silent.

It didn't happen.

I've seen the post in question and that's not what he said. Just to put this rumor to bed, BM said that he hadn't talked with Reuben but he doesn't expect him to sign with Auburn now. That's simply based on the fact that RF was in turdtown last night and left his official visit to Auburn to go there. It's a reasonable assumption to make but it's far from having talked to the recruit and flatly stating that he's not signing with us.

If Rueben was planning on playing at Auburn, this weekend would have been way more important to him than it is to you and me. I can't really understand anything that would make him leave other than illness.

I don't necessarily think so, the kid already lives at AU so he's not like another recruit who only gets to visit occasionally.

And you never know the things OUR coaches could be orchestrating behind the scenes.....don't think Malzahn, Garner and Craig are not fully aware and have been for a long time how Saban operates. They have all been up against him and know exactly how to approach things.

Why is it assumed that a kid who has been on the Auburn campus almost as much as an enrolled student (with an AU tattoo) that MIGHT have gone to another campus means he is signing there? Perhaps he was recruiting for the good guys? I don't know what will happen tomorrow at 9:00 PM but we have got stop looking at every glass as half empty or every prospect as Yeldon.

I am old enough to remember recruiting before the Internet when you ordered a magazine in the mail with all the prospects listed and then tuned into sports talk radio to get updates on who is visiting when and where. Today the Internet and twitter has served to make adult men act like middle school girls.

The good guys will win in the end. WDE!

Why is it assumed that a kid who has been on the Auburn campus almost as much as an enrolled student (with an AU tattoo) that MIGHT have gone to another campus means he is signing there? Perhaps he was recruiting for the good guys? I don't know what will happen tomorrow at 9:00 PM but we have got stop looking at every glass as half empty or every prospect as Yeldon.

I am old enough to remember recruiting before the Internet when you ordered a magazine in the mail with all the prospects listed and then tuned into sports talk radio to get updates on who is visiting when and where. Today the Internet and twitter has served to make adult men act middle school girls.

The good guys will win in the end. WDE!

^^^ THIS ^^^

I don't necessarily think so, the kid already lives at AU so he's not like another recruit who only gets to visit occasionally.

And you never know the things OUR coaches could be orchestrating behind the scenes.....don't think Malzahn, Garner and Craig are not fully aware and have been for a long time how Saban operates. They have all been up against him and know exactly how to approach things.

You don't think he would be an important part of the effort to recruit others?

The strange thing here is that it seems Reuben and the other prospects and players have gone off the grid, for quite a few hours.

It is very strange. Nothing out of the Athletic complex about this or any other individual. Seems like we often get items from our 'connections' on how the weekend is going. Even if of a general nature.

As far as I am concerned, "twitter" has been a evil influence on everyone who uses it. It seems to bring out the most banal, vain, and mindless qualities in people. Combined it with talented, but immature kids active in the recruiting scene, its starting to make us all look like fools.

I don't know Ruebin Foster. Based on his reputation, I would be delighted if he signs with Auburn. But if he is "playing games" with us on this, then frankly I don't want him. I'd rather have less talented players who are further along the road to becoming men.

Granted, I don't get it. I am just a grumpy old man.

WDE!

Haven't read all 30 pages but Bryan Mattews is right. RF will not sign with AU but UA. Remember the in home visit be Saban a couple of weeks ago? Thing Trent Richardson deal but bigger.

Haven't read all 30 pages but Bryan Mattews is right. RF will not sign with AU but UA. Remember the in home visit be Saban a couple of weeks ago? Thing Trent Richardson deal but bigger.

Matthews didn't say he "will not" sign with AU.

The source for that was supposedly a BM post on the 247 boards, not a tweet, if I'm not mistaken.

I got up this morning and pondered this situation and I had one overwhelming thought. It is really a shame that the RF saga is taking so much of the focus away from all the AU commits and those yet to commit.

The source for that was supposedly a BM post on the 247 boards, not a tweet, if I'm not mistaken.

I read the post in question. He didn't say that. He said he had not talked with Reuben but based simply on the fact that he left Auburn and went to T'town last night that he didn't expect him to sign with AU. A lot can change once emotions settle down, our coaches have a chance to talk to him and straighten things out.

I think the more accurate thing to say is that he's not likely to sign with us if things stay as they are right now.

It didn't happen.

I've seen the post in question and that's not what he said. Just to put this rumor to bed, BM said that he hadn't talked with Reuben but he doesn't expect him to sign with Auburn now. That's simply based on the fact that RF was in turdtown last night and left his official visit to Auburn to go there. It's a reasonable assumption to make but it's far from having talked to the recruit and flatly stating that he's not signing with us.

Unless BM has info he's not sharing, it's kind of stupid thing to say right now. Could end up being true, but if it's not he's lost a ton of credibility.

Archived