2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

This whole thing with RF is more than likely Sabans little game,I am sure I will get flamed but I truly believe this has more to do about saban than a 17 or 18 year old. There easy to use and saban plays them the way he wants to.

Hopefully he signs but if this is true I doubt it and chances are our coached sniffed it out.

times like these are cause for wishful thinking my man. but sometimes you just gotta face the truth. you win some, you lose some. but you live to fight on another day.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just to the turd board (need to run the virus scan now) to see what they were saying and most said they expect RF to sign with AU and one said the Dismukes story is not true. .......and I believe them. :dunno:

Of course, most of the posters said that they don't have room for him if he wanted to go there and that he's too much of a drama queen.....and some other not too nice comments.

I don't think RF is gonna tell anyone what he's doing until Monday. Also... FWIW, Just read on Twitter that Dismukes is at home this weekend.

That wouldn't surprise me. Dismukes is an easy target for rumors just because of his past and that rumor from the McDonald's on Magnolia that I can't even remember was even confirmed or not. But that's the problem, confirming rumors doesn't matter anymore. Just get the word out there and someone will believe it, convince others, and it becomes "fact".

Just want to throw this out there, and I can only tell you what i personally saw (this is firsthand and not through a friend or grapevine or source or anything), I saw ALL of the recruits last night (friday night) at skybar they were camped out in the upstairs of the back room and they were all having a blast and had girls draped over them, even talked to a few of them while waiting to get a drink, the two of them said they were having a good time and loved auburn, i don't remember their names cause like i said it was just chit chat. Anyways, i also saw reese but he was not hanging out with any of the recruits, he was down listening to the band playing and was with a girl and having a good time. I was there until 2 am and saw nothing going down with any of the recruits.

If something happened it had to have been this morning. That's all i can say and whether it helps or hurts or doesn't mean a thing, that's what i saw.

Just want to throw this out there, and I can only tell you what i personally saw (this is firsthand and not through a friend or grapevine or source or anything), I saw ALL of the recruits last night (friday night) at skybar they were camped out in the upstairs of the back room and they were all having a blast and had girls draped over them, even talked to a few of them while waiting to get a drink, the two of them said they were having a good time and loved auburn, i don't remember their names cause like i said it was just chit chat. Anyways, i also saw reese but he was not hanging out with any of the recruits, he was down listening to the band playing and was with a girl and having a good time. I was there until 2 am and saw nothing going down with any of the recruits.

If something happened it had to have been this morning. That's all i can say and whether it helps or hurts or doesn't mean a thing, that's what i saw.

Did you leave before they did? Just asking....

Did you leave before they did? Just asking....

I can't remember the exact time i left, but it was after 2 and before official closing. I was upstairs in a booth with some friends and we all left together. Reese hadn't been upstairs at any point while i was there. So it's possible in the 15-20 minutes that something went down. Alcohol tends to make everything a ticking time bomb with no clock, but all was well when i left.

I know.....I've left there several times on a liquid overload.

I just have a hard time believing this is a Bama conspiracy/Yeldon situation. The kid moved to Auburn, got an Auburn tattoo, and has been hanging around the athletic complex constantly. What motives would he have to go to such lengths to pull a fast one on Auburn? ST and others close to the program and all the rivals analysts thought he was pretty much in the bag for Auburn two days before he was supposed to announce. I think the most likely scenario is the whole thing is a big misunderstanding. I mean a few weeks ago everyone was saying it was down to us and Georgia and Bama was completely out. What gives? If there is merit to any of these rumors and it was a conspiracy or something went down on his trip then....damn!!

Don't worry everyone. Everything will come to light in the morning. Trust me.

I'm glad I woke up to this instead of reading before trying to go to bed. Auburn football has been the biggest soap opera these past two years.

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated…

I think it's much ado about nothing. I am not worried about it in the least. For all we know, RF told the coaches he was bored with what was going on and got a call from a friend in Tuscaloosa about something fun going on over there. It's not like there is anything about Auburn he doesn't already know it has heard from his numerous visits.

Whatever the outcome, I am not worried. We will get who we get. I have faith in this coaching staff.

War Eagle!

If this is much a do about nothing... Then why are AU insiders predicting he does NOT sign with Auburn???

What AU insiders are predicting that? Maybe I missed a tweet.

Brian Matthews has posted that Foster won't be signing with Auburn.

When was Brian Matthews an Auburn insider?

Have Brian Matthews sources usually been right in circumstances like these?

While I like reading Brian, I was of the notion that he was no more tied in at Auburn than many of the rest of us. I remember the Calloway situation as well. It is unlikely any real Auburn insider will be passing along any valuable information about this weekend until the weekend comes to an end. As a fan, I would be very disappointed to know the insiders gave up before the final seconds ticked off the clock.

We are always riddled with unfounded rumors of commits, silent commits and decommits during these weekends. It is seldom indeed when they begin with a credible source. The fact is that Foster should sign with the best school for him that will have him. If that is Alabama, then so be it. He pulled his commitment from Auburn and Alabama this year, so it should not be surprising if he is unpredictable until signing day. I would suggest those that follow recruiting to tune out on him until after his signed LOI is in some coach's hands.

I think it's much ado about nothing. I am not worried about it in the least. For all we know, RF told the coaches he was bored with what was going on and got a call from a friend in Tuscaloosa about something fun going on over there. It's not like there is anything about Auburn he doesn't already know it has heard from his numerous visits.

Whatever the outcome, I am not worried. We will get who we get. I have faith in this coaching staff.

War Eagle!

If this is much a do about nothing... Then why are AU insiders predicting he does NOT sign with Auburn???

What AU insiders are predicting that? Maybe I missed a tweet.

Brian Matthews has posted that Foster won't be signing with Auburn.

When was Brian Matthews an Auburn insider?

Have Brian Matthews sources usually been right in circumstances like these?

While I like reading Brian, I was of the notion that he was no more tied in at Auburn than many of the rest of us. I remember the Calloway situation as well. It is unlikely any real Auburn insider will be passing along any valuable information about this weekend until the weekend comes to an end. As a fan, I would be very disappointed to know the insiders gave up before the final seconds ticked off the clock.

We are always riddled with unfounded rumors of commits, silent commits and decommits during these weekends. It is seldom indeed when they begin with a credible source. The fact is that Foster should sign with the best school for him that will have him. If that is Alabama, then so be it. He pulled his commitment from Auburn and Alabama this year, so it should not be surprising if he is unpredictable until signing day. I would suggest those that follow recruiting to tune out on him until after his signed LOI is in some coach's hands.

i tuned him out a few weeks ago.....if he comes to AU,fine,if not,fine again....i just can't get the AHS/CARVER game out of my mind....CHS made him look awful

Somebody could write a book on human behavior by checking out this board tonight. Drama, mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together- we got it all. :)

Exactly, I thought I was watching a rerun of the Twilight Zone, same senerios rumors taken as fact and bam total melt down of society.

Archived